4H

biggamefish

Coyotes are really bad on our properties this year. My buddies 4 point went a bit over 100 yards into a thick area, with little blood trail. It took us about three hours to find him. But the coyotes found him sooner and chewed on his hindquarters a bit. Not sure if they are the reason for the low deer sightings. But I know it isn't helping. We will be killing them every chance we get through the winter!

I am really glad to see there are fellow 4H hunters out there, I was beginning to think 4H was forgotten. Have not seen a buck during daylight hours so far. Wednesday night on the way home about 6PM or so I saw a buck (probably a 4 point) was wanting to cross the road in front of my car in the Town of Rensselaerville, it stopped by the side of the road and ran back the way it came.

The only thing I can make from all the 4H reports and what I have oberved is that the bucks are nocturnal. Not many hunters in the woods so I think that contributes to the fact the deer are not seen moving around.

• 1 year later...