Shooting..wtf...

doebuck1234

Oh, it's very clear the fault lies with the 18 year whose name I will not give credence to.  But he did have influences and enablers. 

Not sure where I draw the line with mental health.  Is every murderer having a bad mental health day?  Seems like giving him an out for what is a heinous crime

The kid was 18. His parents failed him. Period. For whatever reason. Then every other parental figure that he came across until yesterday failed him too. Not one adult that he ever interacted with gave a shit to really get to know him to perhaps prevent this from happening. Sad. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The kid was 18. His parents failed him. Period. For whatever reason. Then every other parental figure that he came across until yesterday failed him too. Not one adult that he ever interacted with gave a shit to really get to know him to perhaps prevent this from happening. Sad. 

Well said !

4 hours ago, left field said:

Let's say I concede all that. Obama was a martyr, etc and Biden was a bottom. What you're saying is that Obama is responsible for this kid's actions. Not the kid's poor screwed-up head, his parents, online peer group who encouraged his act, media voices spewing bullshit for dollars, politicians who too stupid to clean toilets but rather good at inciting anger and taking advantage of their idiotic followers. None of them contributed to this. It was Obama. And prior to Obama creating this division, race relations were pretty darn good.

It's an interesting take.

I don't know why this kid did this. What makes one sullen, shy teenager retreat to his basement room and play Dungeons and Dragons with his nerd friends while another picks up a rifle to kill people. I think I'm safe in saying that the state of hate-spewing, divisive partisan media is a contributor. That the result of unfettered access to such media in an unformed malleable mind that doesn't have the wherewithal to know he's being lied to is a recipe for disaster.

So we go back to the same old lines: it's the gun's fault; it's the shooters fault; it's the media's fault; the politician's fault; gun control's fault, gun lobby's fault, Hollywood's fault; video games' fault, Trump's fault, Biden's fault. Or in this case, Obama's fault.

It's everyone's fault but yours. Or mine.

But it is our responsibility. When we understand that, we may have a hope in changing some of this.

Obama was a politician that played some of these games so it not mutually exclusive. But I do agree with much of your statement. Mental health is a major issue and when it’s finally addressed I don’t believe either the far left or far right will like 100% of it. But for the many the end of the clown world in either direction will be appreciated. Speaking of far right it looked like he had a black sun on his body armor. I have seen some of these posted from nato coming out of Ukrainian. Maybe we should rethink the 40 billion.

https://www.newsweek.com/nato-says-it-didnt-notice-ukraine-soldiers-apparent-nazi-symbol-tweet-1686523?amp=1

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

3 hours ago, left field said:

So we go back to the same old lines: it's the gun's fault; it's the shooters fault; it's the media's fault; the politician's fault; gun control's fault, gun lobby's fault, Hollywood's fault; video games' fault, Trump's fault, Biden's fault. Or in this case, Obama's fault.

Add 2 years of Covid quarantine isolation to the mix and this is what you get. 

Another troubled teen that was sending out calls for help that went unanswered and came to the realization that only an act of extreme violence would finally get him the attention he desired.

Most usually commit suicide, but sadly there are thousands of ticking time bombs that are standing in line to follow his course of action, especially after they see how much press time he's getting.

Edited by Shoots100

5 hours ago, DirtTime said:

You like to fact-check, so yes, in a very direct way. Obama was a martyr, and spewed reverse racism all the time. The current state of racism lays largely on that guy's shoulders. He was the top dog and was giving the push for riots (let's not call them protests, they are riots), and was a driving force for what the BLM and ANTIFA factions have evolved into. He was for defunding police and the military and had a big part of the huge surge that has taken. He tried to make the present day seem like hundreds of years ago when people of color were being held back by the white man, when in fact he of all people was the President of the United States and should have been pushing for "minorities" to get an education and make something of themselves not incite riots. He is a huge part of erasing the history of this country. I could go on..........

Right there taking Obamas sausage while grabbing his ankles and yelling "Give it to me you stallion!" was the current POS in charge, so things have devolved into a race war. I don't care how anyone tries to spin it, that's just the reality of the USA right now.

As a side note, it's funny how the left wing nut cases won't accept these facts, but have a hard on that Trump incited the storming of the capital.

I really don't have anything else to say. You simply cannot remove the blinders from people who have glued them to their face.

Well i see it this way the left obama the media  them put out bait to get people to do exactly what this guy did so they  have a excuse to grab more guns and more power for themselfs. 

By bait i mean they  put out storys to piss people off get them all of us to hate each other . 

Look, I feel bad for the families of the lives that were lost.

That said, here's the bottom line, that kid was old enough to know right from wrong no matter who influenced him. The mental health finger is just another blame sometimes, just like mommy and daddy issues. I'm not saying this isn't the case sometimes, but it's being used as a crutch as much as blaming the gun for the shooter's crime. Mommy didn't let me breastfeed till I was 40, so I'm going to go insane and commit an atrocity, or, daddy made me sit on his lap till I was 50, so I'm going to build a pipe bomb.

The issue is this word is too soft and lenient about things like this. Yes, parenting should be the #1 source of preventing these crimes, but at what age is a kid supposed to start acting like an adult and assuming responsibility for their own actions? 16, 18, 20, 30, 50, 100?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Look, I feel bad for the families of the lives that were lost.

That said, here's the bottom line, that kid was old enough to know right from wrong no matter who influenced him. The mental health finger is just another blame sometimes, just like mommy and daddy issues. I'm not saying this isn't the case sometimes, but it's being used as a crutch as much as blaming the gun for the shooter's crime. Mommy didn't let me breastfeed till I was 40, so I'm going to go insane and commit an atrocity, or, daddy made me sit on his lap till I was 50, so I'm going to build a pipe bomb.

The issue is this word is too soft and lenient about things like this. Yes, parenting should be the #1 source of preventing these crimes, but at what age is a kid supposed to start acting like an adult and assuming responsibility for their own actions? 16, 18, 20, 30, 50, 100?

Kids are coddled far too long. 26yr olds on parents health care plans now

Back in 80's 14yr olds knew better and used to earn money for things they wanted not being handed a $1000 phone because their classmates have it. Times have changed since I was a kid.

• Like 1

This kid had psychiatric problems, he was admitted for mental observation, authorities knew he had issues, they released him and failed to monitor him. He accumulated guns, body armor, tactical gear, and cemented his white supremacist beliefs on the internet.

No one interviewed him or monitored his behavior after his threats to shoot up the High School. Then----he drove to Buffalo... Democrats won't tell you this, they will say the problem is a rifle.

Buffalo shooting suspect allegedly made threat in 2021, underwent mental health evaluation | Fox News

It's also quite interesting, this shooting and the NYC subway shooting have many similarities, except for the race of the shooter, but the media and the government are addressing them completely different.  In the Buffalo case the accusations of racism, hate crime and racial supremacy are blatantly professed, while the subway shooter was excused as a mental defective. 

We are all being groomed to believe only white folks are racist.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 4

So many similarities.

The subway shooter was a lifelong petty criminal and impotent, frustrated nut job who rallied against everyone - whites, blacks, men, women - and just wanted to shoot people. He didn't discriminate by colour when he opened fire on the subway car and hit blacks, whites, and hispanic people, which resulted in wounding 10 people. 

The kid, whose head was filled with the kind of racist nonsense promoted in the circle jerk of stupid that impotent old white guys love to cloak themselves in, deliberately targeted black people. He wrote the N-word on his gun and it seems he passed by white shoppers and executed 10 black people. 

Ten people randomly wounded by a crazy guy who hated everyone; ten black people deliberately killed by a kid whose head was filled with racist bile.

Totally similar. 

• Like 1

This is what I'm referring to when I say the media and the government are grooming people to think only whites are racist.  People are fed this info and repeat it as if it were truth.  The subway shooter also posted many things online about his hatred of the white race, but that has been covered up intentionally to protect the leftist narrative.

"The subway shooter was a lifelong petty criminal and impotent, frustrated nut job who rallied against everyone - whites, blacks, men, women - and just wanted to shoot people. He didn't discriminate by colour when he opened fire on the subway car and hit blacks, whites, and hispanic people, which resulted in wounding 10 people." 

Edited by Grouse

I didn't watch the video as I have zero desire to watch elderly people buying groceries be killed. But, yes, I think there were two white victims. However, they weren't his target or goal, and I believe that at one point he aimed his weapon at a white person, then lowered it and apologized and he moved on.

These are both terrible events and it's a miracle that no one was killed on the subway. But they are not the same, in intent or result, so I don't buy into the ridiculous notion that there is some grand deepstate media movement that is grooming us to believe that only white people can be racist. 

The subway guy seemed to hate everyone. But I think that this kid is a result of the racist social/political stench that has permeated life in the past few years. Fear is the great motivator and people don't fear change, they fear losing something. That's how you're being manipulated. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So you don't believe the subway shooter is a racist?  The media is saying he isn't.  I say he is and the media isn't talking about that part of him.  Why not?

There are racists in every ethnic group just like every ethnic group has idiots in their ranks. Say the percentage is 5% in all of them,which group has the most racists? The group that is the biggest portion of the population?

I'm not saying that at all. He talked about white injustice against blacks, as well as any other number of things - women, religion, Eric Adams, etc. His video screeds have been widely reported. I would say that he's more of your general nutjob who hates everything and he turned himself in for the media attention.

The kid is different. More focused, more targeted, single issue. Fed and encouraged by Carlson and his ilk. 

If they are all 5%, then they are all equal, No?  But the question is, why the media and the politicians on the left are not talking about the racism of the subway shooter.

Edited by Grouse

"This kid had psychiatric problems, he was admitted for mental observation, authorities knew he had issues, they released him and failed to monitor him. He accumulated guns, body armor, tactical gear, and cemented his white supremacist beliefs on the internet." 

The above evaluation was done when he threatens to shoot up his high school.  Kathy Hochul stated the State Police had done their job pertaining to that incident.  If so, how was he able to pass a NICS check that required to purchase any firearm?  I would have thought there would be some reason to pause any firearm purchase.  He was only 18 so high school wasn't that long ago. 

By the Safe Act, any doctor can arrange to have your guns taken away.   When my FIL passed away the State Police were there to collect his guns before we even had him in the ground.

It amazes me as someone who's biggest violation with the law was a speeding ticket for doing 33 in a 30 has to register every few years my pistols and AR-15.  These guns have never shot anything but paper.

• Like 2

So many similarities.
The subway shooter was a lifelong petty criminal and impotent, frustrated nut job who rallied against everyone - whites, blacks, men, women - and just wanted to shoot people. He didn't discriminate by colour when he opened fire on the subway car and hit blacks, whites, and hispanic people, which resulted in wounding 10 people. 
The kid, whose head was filled with the kind of racist nonsense promoted in the circle jerk of stupid that impotent old white guys love to cloak themselves in, deliberately targeted black people. He wrote the N-word on his gun and it seems he passed by white shoppers and executed 10 black people. 
Ten people randomly wounded by a crazy guy who hated everyone; ten black people deliberately killed by a kid whose head was filled with racist bile.
Totally similar. 

The only similarity that matters is both had shown before their attacks that they were evil and shouldn’t be on the streets. Yet both were and were allowed to go through with their plans and harm innocent people.

The government that you and your ilk put so much trust in allowed both of these to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is interesting that these shootings seem to occur daily across the nation. These stories are becoming common daily news now, and now the incidents are increasing at a geometric rate. I can easily remember when these incidents were unheard of.

So what is evolving in our society that places human life at such a cheap level. I think it is more than just mental illness. There is something brewing under our cultural evolution. I think we had better start digging into what the heck is going on with our society and stop settling for easy answers like guns and mental disease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

The government that you and your ilk put so much trust in allowed both of these to happen.

Right. I forgot to add that one ... it's the government's fault. That was easy.

Doc is right. There is something to modern life that just is becoming unsustainable.

I randomly came across this pic of a ten-year-old's birthday cake on twitter. Now, I have no idea if this is real or not, but in this current climate I don't see why it isn't. 

Whether you agree or disagree with the sentiment, this is a kid's cake. It should have a baseball or superhero theme.

image.thumb.png.947942237ffde0f66b9e26884618fb26.png

Different kind of family values, I guess.

image.thumb.png.198706430550856864145782d3695cdf.png

Anyway, this is depressing the hell out of me, and now that the rain has stopped, I'm going fishing.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It is interesting that these shootings seem to occur daily across the nation. These stories are becoming common daily news now, and now the incidents are increasing at a geometric rate. I can easily remember when these incidents were unheard of.

So what is evolving in our society that places human life at such a cheap level. I think it is more than just mental illness. There is something brewing under our cultural evolution. I think we had better start digging into what the heck is going on with our society and stop settling for easy answers like guns and mental disease.

It's the solution, not the answers, that perplex us all.

Doesn't matter what we believe the answer is as to why, none of us have the solution that works. Otherwise, humans have a knack for making the solution come to the surface. 

This is the erosion from within that every dominant nation has suffered from. Have we peaked as the world's superpower? This very cultural shift is exampled by an 18 yo kid doing what he did.