Adios to my old homestead

moog5050

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/62-Peaceful-Harbor-Ln-Webster-NY-14580/63599708_zpid/?view=public

Signed the contract today.  Market is still very strong.  Sold for far more than I expected but had several offers in that range, all cash and no contingencies.   Makes me feel a bit better about buying the new place.  Now to finish the move and start really unpacking.  What a PIA.  Eventually I will get back to having time to do something I enjoy!

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 17

27 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

No big fire sale on unwanted items like @BizCT ? 

Kidding Biz don't get all worked up 

Congratulations! 

I’m going to drive by and see what’s out front …. Gotta beat the scrapers !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’m going to drive by and see what’s out front …. Gotta beat the scrapers !

Unlike Biz, I loaded a 30yd dumpster and still ran out of room.  There was value there but I am too old and lazy to deal with it.  Still needed another 20 contractors bags.  Lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Unlike Biz, I loaded a 30yd dumpster and still ran out of room.  There was value there but I am too old and lazy to deal with it.  Still needed another 20 contractors bags.  Lol

A dumpster is my fantasy ! Some want two,girls on an island, or a world record whitetail , I’d like a dumpster and my wife’s blessing to clean out this place ! 

Im still going to drive by, perhaps there’s a set of plastic dumbbells and a Jane Fonda work out tape that was over looked ? 

Oh and I need a suit for Kathy’s wedding , I haven’t owned one since the 70s . 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/62-Peaceful-Harbor-Ln-Webster-NY-14580/63599708_zpid/?view=public

Signed the contract today.  Market is still very strong.  Sold for far more than I expected but had several offers in that range, all cash and no contingencies.   Makes me feel a bit better about buying the new place.  Now to finish the move and start really unpacking.  What a PIA.  Eventually I will get back to having time to do something I enjoy!

Congrats! it'll be a few months, but then time for fun!

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

No big fire sale on unwanted items like @BizCT ? 

Kidding Biz don't get all worked up 

Congratulations! 

I think I sold less than 25 total items, easy cash to pad the hunting fund. The rest got donated for tax write-off.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Yea I did a 10 yard dumpster and overfilled it. Amazing how fast they fill up.

Back when I was a youngster my buddy and I went to an old farm house in the Catskills his friend bought. Hunter mountain 200 acres. He had a 30 yard dumpster to fill. If I told you what we threw out it would make your stomach turn. The bright side of it was that when he returned the following weekend most of the stuff was gone from the dumpster!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Congrats on the sale Moog. There enough room in the new place to fling arrows during colder months?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Almost 3x the square feet in finished space but less unfinished space.   If I am brave enough to shoot in a finished basement then I should be able to get 17-18yds.  Had to cut back the gym to fit unfinished space.  Oddly even the 3 car garage seems like less space than my former 2.5 car garage (no shed yet hurts).  But plenty of room in the lot.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

A dumpster is my fantasy ! Some want two,girls on an island, or a world record whitetail , I’d like a dumpster and my wife’s blessing to clean out this place ! 

Im still going to drive by, perhaps there’s a set of plastic dumbbells and a Jane Fonda work out tape that was over looked ? 

Oh and I need a suit for Kathy’s wedding , I haven’t owned one since the 70s . 

There are some moving boxes in the garage!

On 5/16/2022 at 7:22 PM, moog5050 said:

Almost 3x the square feet in finished space but less unfinished space.   If I am brave enough to shoot in a finished basement then I should be able to get 17-18yds.  Had to cut back the gym to fit unfinished space.  Oddly even the 3 car garage seems like less space than my former 2.5 car garage (no shed yet hurts).  But plenty of room in the lot.  

i could shoot a full 20 yards from the utility room out into the basement but it's gone now. there's a bounce house downstairs at the very end now for the kids. lol it's too much to move every time i want to shoot.

• Like 1