Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BuckSteady
      New hunter to NY here. Found some public land to hunt, it’s a WMA. I wish I read the regs more thoroughly because I threw up a ladder stand yesterday and today when I was re-reading them, I saw you can’t put temporary stands on WMAs, only on state forests and other such state land. I honestly didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to, I even put my name and license # on the stand. I was going to go take it down tomorrow but it’s an hour drive so I wanted to ask, what do DEC officers do if they find a ladderstand like mine on a WMA? Is this an automatic fine or whatever? Will they just call me and tell me to come get it? Confiscate? How often do officers go through areas like WMAs and check for stands? Any info would be helpful. I’ll still probably go take it down tomorrow, although I have seen other stands up on the WMA, I just prefer to stay on the right side of the law myself. Thanks!
    • By CapDistPatriot
      I was waiting for the glass to break on this guy. Cool Video
      https://www.wusa9.com/video/news/nation-now/deer-wont-stop-knocking-on-guys-door/465-b62e3b2d-c05f-4b0b-b658-345dfe1a1242
    • By laughing.fox
      Looking to sell my Gen 1 Ruger PRS in .308
      Unfortunately, I've only brought it to the range one time before so it's barely used.
      Rifle is all stock besides the addition of the muzzle break.
      I want to upgrade my bow, and don't have the chance to shoot this as much as I like.
      Rifle w/ scope : $1300
      Rifle w/out scope: $900
      FFL transaction required.
      You can contact me at [email protected] with any questions or more pics.

• By Padre86
      Anyone here ever tried calling for black bear in the northern zone of NY (mostly referring to Tug Hill and the ADK's)?

I've heard that in certain areas which have similar vegetation and terrain to NY (western Oregon and Washington) calling black bear is a tactic used by some hunters, as traditional spot-and-stalk hunts aren't really feasible and baiting and hounding aren't allowed.

I was thinking of trying some calling this coming fall.  I'd be interested in talking to anyone else who has tried this method.
    • By stabe710
      I am selling a used Canon XA10 Professional Video Camera with some extras. The camera is a few years old but still is in perfect working condition. There are a few very minor cosmetic marks on the exterior. I have had a UV filter on this camera since day 1 so there are no scratches or blemishes on the lens. I have the original box, all the chargers,cables, remote, and battery. Also included is a Watson BP-1510 large battery and wall charger. 2 lens caps also included.

The extras include a Rode NTG-2 XLR boom mic, wind screen,and cord, Slik Slim Pod II Monopod, Varizoom Stealth Zoom Controller, Slik Fluid Head, and Vista Tripod. Fluid Head and Trip pod set up to take a Slik DQ-20 quick release adapter (wedge included). All you need to do is add a Slik DQ-20 quick release adapter plate to your tree arm so everything will be interchangeable. Will throw in an old black camera bag if needed. 

This is a great set up for anyone looking to get into filming hunts. It is small and very portable. It is extremely easy to operate and is great in low light. Please check out the links below for hunts I filmed with this camera to get an idea of the video quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1vk2SsWRdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuph_nKkjoc

I am asking $1100.00 shipped for this package. Have over $2400 invested in the set up. 

I accept paypal as my preferred payment option. If you cannot gift the amount please add 3% to cover the paypal fees. Please email me at [email protected] with any questions or offers.

Thanks for looking.

Jonathan