DeerLogic Success 8ptr

DeerLogic success!!!!

After a few scouting trips off and on since July, in an area I frequently hunted about 15 years ago. I was studying my DL, and started to see a pattern of trails, rubs, scrapes, and sighting logged by myself and some

hunt group members. I used all the data, and the map itself to make my decision on where I would use my climber. I set a way point on the map, and away I went the next morning. I followed my DL straight to where I wanted to sit, and sat the area for 2 days. I saw 7 deer, at all times of the day. The last one to came in was this nice 8ptr. He came into 12yds, I was able to make a great lung shot, and he took a dirt nap about 50 yds away. Bitter sweet taking a deer after putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, using my DL. Then being able to log a mint "Harvested Deer!!", and knowing that an alert went out to all my hunt group members leting them know that I just harvested a buck. Can't wait to see who will be next!!!

post-2663-0-29661000-1351219919_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hahaha, this might be my favorite post ever.

This is a microcosm of everything wrong with this country. I understand this guy is a sponsor, and for that he gets his little ad banner on the side. I've actually looked at the product too, and it does indeed have some interesting features that if I consistently went hunting with a group of friends, I probably would think are pretty cool.

That being said, if this guy didn't give money to the site, that first post would be ripped apart as BLATANT product placement and most likely complete and utter BS. It was like someone held a contest for who could insert "DL" into a paragraph as many times as possible and this was the winning entry. At least CHC and Steve remained true to form. The mods....tisk tisk.

Thanks for the chuckle though. ;)

Well WNY it isn't my forum so John can do what ever he wants. But it is a fraking ad. It should be in a section for that and NOT in the deer hunting forum. He is pushing a product...plain an simple. If the forum want to whore itself out in every sectio of the forum ...it is what it is...

As for me being on a high horse...not really . call it what you want. I was really speaking to those type of terms being used in an ad to sell a product. seems cheesey and disrespectful to me. IMO

• Like 2

Believe me, Im with you on the advertizing. Id much rather not see it, but the bills have got to get paid somehow. Ive already heard the suggestion that we have a "patron system" where members contribute to the site. I told that person that we do have it, and have had it for over a year. Not enough members have used it to cover things. Buying T-shirts and what not helps as well.

That reminds me, I need to renew my supporting membership...

I never bothered to see what this deerlogic was all about. So it's a computer software to help hunters pattern deer, so they can better hunt them?? What kind of crap is that? Can't we do anything without computer help?? Pretty soon some clown will be trying to pawn off an a$$ wiping device that we can take out into the woods with us. Of course it will be remote control via our smart phones. We won't even have to get down from our treestands probably. Just poo from the stand into a scent controlled bucket below and then keep your butt stuck out there until something slides up the tree to wipe it!! LOL God bless American ingenuity!

• Like 1

Yes, DL is a sponsor. I havn't decided where threads like these should reside just yet, which is my fault. However, like any other thread on the site you can choose to read or not read it. Some of the comments were a little harsh. Sponsors like him help offset the costs of keeping the site up and running and the software we use up to date, so please keep that in mind before posting.

The software is actually pretty neat, in its simplest form its an electron log. Similar to your deer sightings log the DEC sends out for those to fill out during bow season. I don't think its going to make hunting "easier", but it keeps your notes / sightings organized.

• Like 1

Im a sucker for gadgets, what can I say? Culver called me a nerd last time we were out at the range because I was looking at trailcam pics on my ipad.

Culver just PM's me to tell me that he will be the first paying customer of my contraption when I start my production run, just so he can send it to you. LOL

• Like 2

This app kind of bothers me ethically. I don't like the fact it can be updated and taken advantage of in real-time. I do believe in use of technology to kill deer...I just seem to draw my personal line at real-time info.

Especially if this is open to be used on a public land - ie. anyone who hunts, has the app, and is within the "circle" of users in real time. Or, same goes for a private club. I think the OP is based in VA where I grew up...tidewater area. I know the socialness of hunting down there as compared to here, so I know what it would be like in a club setting. Between running dogs and this app...I'd know when to get the rifle up and which direction to point it.

To me, I would think it is a tracking device - which is illegal in many states. I'd be much more comfy with it, say if it updated at night, so someone couldn't take advantage of it immediately. The current use makes it much more than an "electronic" log.

Congrats to the OP on a fine buck.

Keep in mind to do the "real-time" you'd have to have someone you know/trust and you both would have to have the app. I see it no different as say if I send a text to my brother "Hey keep your eyes open just saw a buck 200 yards out heading your direction".