Big Blow a Comin!!!

sits in trees

Yep, shes headed right toward us, if the forecast is right its going to be a tropical storm when it hits us, and the center is going to pass right over the Rochester area. Im going to try and get into the woods this weekend, but I have to get things set around the house. I need to do a final clean out of the gutters and we are having a large maple tree taken down starting today.

We will see what happens.

Yea it looks like we're all going to get slapped but i really hope the flooding doesn't wack those same folks that got it from Irene. I fear it may even be worse then that. And all you Islanders, you are going to have a wild couple days. Stay safe ya'll..

Got my gutters cleaned, flashing covered w/roof cement (they never put it in correct )and last nor'easter I had an indoor waterfall on the brick fireplace. Outdoor furniture secured,pool cover drained ect.

Always have supllies on hand..

Been up to Buffalo twice now in 24 hours, 2 daughters in college there, crashed computor with lost accounting project, and other stressed out high achiever girls issues. Brought up my lap top till other comp. gets new hard drive, and found missing purse w/ Iphone for the other .

Put air in their low tires and filled there empty tanks as well.

I could use a storm 2 girls in their 20's is major stress the break would be nice..... ,as long as everyone stays safe.

Many convoy's of tree workers and electrical workers heading east on the Thurway since yesterday.

Edited by Larry302

Best of luck to you all with the flooding. My only problem will be the wind and if the power goes out & I lose my sump-pump. I'm outside the storm surge zone but, have friends in a waterfront trailer park. Small potatoes compared to what I've seen in Sullivan and Delaware Ctys when this happens.

I guarantee this storm is half of what they predict...... love how cuomo already has new york state listed as a federal state of emergency and obamas approval. the wind hasnt even picked up. In fact it hasnt even blown yet where i am.

Our local area mayors and political figures already have a command center set up in the basement of an office building with shelters all over at the ready yada yada yada. Big waste of money, just not convinced these doomsday preperations are necessary, especially where i live. Nyc long island different story.

I can certify this storm is the worst I can remember on LI from the wind damage to the flooding. My tree in the front yard uprooted and its a freaking mess, sidewalk is hosed, walkway and prob the driveway. Thank god it fell to the neighbors yard and smashed his fence (I can't stand him, 4 years ago his tree fell on my cars and didnt even offer a penny or say sorry). Soooo, I have the generator going, took me about an hour to find a gas station with power to refill the jugs. Power has been out since 5PM.

Any LI guys have a good tree guy or a big chain saw? Seriously thinking of just running out to Depot/Sears int he AM if they are open and getting a good chainsaw. It would cost me 1/4 of what these tree guys will be raping the next 3 weeks for.

What do you think?

BTW on my ride out to find gas, it was crazy. Tree's down EVERYWHERE, no power, and creepy. I just checked the power company, over 1/2 of Long Island has no power (800k people).