Triumph Bonecollector

DeerLogic

Barnes are good but to much $ to shoot alot of. Speer Deep Curls or Hornady XTP's are the way to go if you ask me.50 bullets for around 15bucks. Add some Harvester Sabots or MMP and your good to go.

The bonded shockwave should do the trick , I do like the 300gr one's. But much prefer the deep curls and xtp's.

I like the Hornady SSTs, they do a number on deer and are very accurate. BTW, the TC Shockwaves are the same bullets as the SSTs. They shoot identically out of my gun. The only difference is the color of the polymer tip. How can you not get "knockdown power" from a 250 or 300 grain bullet that expands the way an SST does?

I'm still trying to work up a load with mine. I've been trying 110 (gr. equiv. vol) of Blackhorn 209. Today I tried some 290 gr. Barnes with a Harvester sabot and it didn't do well at all. I shot some 245 gr. Powerbelts and they grouped about 1 1/2 inches at 100 yds. But, after that I started to have fouling problems. I was trying to load some 250 gr. Barnes boattails and couldn't get them down the barrel. I then tried the same bullet with a Harveter sabot and stil had problems. I called T/C and they said I could send the gun back or I'd just have to swab between shots. I thought you weren't supposed to have fouling problems with Blackhorn! I'm not real fond of Powerbelts but so far they load the easiest and group the best. My son had the same problem with his Prohunter and ended up shooting Hornady SST's. He's happy with them but hasn't shot anything but paper with them yet.