Executive order under red flag law

California's micro stamping law has seen a couple of gun makers simply say they will no longer sell semi auto handguns in California.  That's what these anti gun politicians really hope to achieve with this law.  If all gun makers refuse to comply with these laws and stop selling guns in their states, they win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

California's micro stamping law has seen a couple of gun makers simply say they will no longer sell semi auto handguns in California.  That's what these anti gun politicians really hope to achieve with this law.  If all gun makers refuse to comply with these laws and stop selling guns in their states, they win.

They know they cannot outright ban guns because of 2A, so the strategy will always be death by a thousand cuts (laws).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDose said:

They know they cannot outright ban guns because of 2A, so the strategy will always be death by a thousand cuts (laws).

That’s exactly correct. Why does NY have our current pistol permit procedures? To make it difficult and expensive so folks wont want to do it. Doesn’t stop me, i buy all the handguns i want and pay to have my permit amended every time. Its a pain to drive back and forth from the gun shop and the clerks office as well. 

9 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

That’s exactly correct. Why does NY have our current pistol permit procedures? To make it difficult and expensive so folks wont want to do it. Doesn’t stop me, i buy all the handguns i want and pay to have my permit amended every time. Its a pain to drive back and forth from the gun shop and the clerks office as well. 

Absolutely correct; and the criminals feel the same way.  Doesn't stop them either!  They buy all the handguns they want and don't bother with the fees, permit amendments, and drive back and forth from the gun shop and the clerk's office as well.  Heck, even if they get caught they have the new benefit of being released the next day with no bail.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DoubleDose said:

Absolutely correct; and the criminals feel the same way.  Doesn't stop them either!  They buy all the handguns they want and don't bother with the fees, permit amendments, and drive back and forth from the gun shop and the clerk's office as well.  Heck, even if they get caught they have the new benefit of being released the next day with no bail.

Ha! Yeah bail reform, was the answer. Wrong!