California Hill,Putnam County

wztirem

Pudding Street, east of the Taconic (parking area), Pudding Street and Waywayanda Court (dirt road to the end), and east of the Taconic Parkway on Peekskill Hollow Road , make a left on Gordon Road.

Opening day, the Pudding Street parking area is overcrowded and a waste of time, down off Waywaywanda Court and off of Gordon Road its crowded but not too bad. Hunting is best during the late ML season and after the Thanksgiving weekend. I have been hunting there for years and I always manage to kill a deer or two.

PM me and I will give you the skinny on the area.

Thanks guys...I will have to cruise up on the motorcycle and check that out.

I used to go to Cranberry (Thunder Ridge area in Patterson), but that's ridiculously crowded. Then I found Ninham Mountain...and at least theres more land...but you have to keep an eye out for the mountain bikers.

While I'm sure I can get a rider to fit onto my fendor, I'm not quite sure what I would do with the bicycle. ;D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

pudding it was...got there a bit later than I wanted to. I still have little kids in the house!

Do not bother with Pudding Street. There is only one really good spot (for gun) there and that is up in the rocks above the swamp to the right of parking area.

Better off parking on Waywayanda Ct which parallels the easttern side of the lake and hunting there.

I will be up there this Saturday in the am, if you want to meet up there. PM me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hunted California Hill today, Dr. Wost was to my left. No action at all and no shots. Did not see a deer despite several hunters pushing the woods in the pm. Hunting conditions were perfect. Back at it again tomorrow despite the rain forecast.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

gonna head up there this weekend to see what 's up. Check conditions and activity and whatnot.

Just got back from the Hill, saw 10 deer(all does), all were out of range. Will be back in the am tomorrow.

I know this is an old thread, but curious any of you guys have hunted this area the last few years?