Music

ELMER J. FUDD

What kind of music do you listen to?

I like anything that's a classic. Mostly hard rock and lately country. I used to like hip-hop and club music, but that got old real quick after a few years of dj'ing and me getting older. I feel the country boys tell it like it is, but sometimes the twang gets to me.

• Like 1

I listen to a wide variety, some of my favs are Tool, Pearl Jam, a little DMB once in a while. I am a child of the 90's, grunge rock. Old jazz like Coltrane....it depends on the mood.

and now I am also starting to get into country.. I hate to admit that one, haha some of it makes me laugh though.

I was raised on classic rock (a child of the 70s), so Neil Young, The Stones, The Who, as well as a good chunk of punk light me up.

The past 20 years though, I have gotten deep into classic country and rockabilly. Cash, Jennings, H.Williams (Sr.), Charlie Daniels, Creedence, Allman Bros.

• Like 1

Ive found myself starting to revert back to the music I listened to in high school and the 10 or so years after that. I just cant get into most of the new stuff lately. Its a big variety though, on my ipod you can find anything from Johnny Cash to Kid Rock to Aerosmith, Dr Dre, Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd, Eminem and all kinds of other stuff.

Mostly listen to late 50's and early 60's R&R oldies. Also into country Older songs more than newer songs). Also have a small collection of classical CDs for when I'm in the mood for that. Big surprise ...... I have been listening to a little bit of today's rock. I even went out and bought an Adam Lambert album (must be going through my second childhood). Actually, I think I just like to drive my wife crazy with it ..... lol.

Doc

• 2 years later...

Classical Music, Opera, Classical Fusion

Classic Rock

Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock

House, Club, Dance, Trance

Jazz, Blue

Funk

Motown

R&B, Soul

Reggae

Hip Hop, Hard Core Rap, Old School Rap

World/Cultural Music

Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton

Pop, Adult Contemporary, 80's

Folk

Country/Pop Fusion

My last 3 concerts are The Cure, Don Omar, and Sarah Brightman (order tickets in the Spring for a show coming up this September).

Hmmm...why don't I just list what I don't listen to.

Straight up country and hard core heavy metal.

Edited by Elmo

BUMP

Joe, been doin some diggin' I see!

I'd have to declare myself a true blue country boy. With music preferences ranging from Hank Williams Sr., clear on up to modern country like Jason Aldeen and Luke Bryan.

Classic and southern rock run a close second with stuff from back in the 70's like Aerosmith, Charlie Daniels Band, The Outlaws, The Marshall Tucker band, Pure Prairie League. I can't leave out Bob Seger who I was glad to see get inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame, a couple years ago.

• Like 2

LOL yeah i was getting bored driving.....

Fav Music for me is Christian Contemporary w Chris Tomlin Castin crowns Tobymac and others... CLOSLY followed by what else COUNTRY big fan of josh turner, luke bryan jason aldean ect also like pop/hiphop/rap/soft rock w artists ranging from Justin beiber to eminem and Nicki Minaj.... i'v got a VERY flavorful playlist LOL

Actually, over my lifetime, I don't think there are many styles of music that I have left out completely. Way back in my younger days, I had albums by Dave Bruebeck, Al Hert. I listen to Glen Miller and Harry James, lounge music from the 40's, I even had a favorite record that my Brother sent from Taiwan when he was stationed there. I like bluegrass and other forms of hill-billy mountain music. I have a lot of classical stuff also.

I am a great fan of X-Factor, and American Idol and enjoy a lot of that kind of modern music. There is one big exception of something that I can't get into no matter how many times I hear it, and that is RAP. I call it "Chanting" because it certainly has nothing to do with music ..... lol. Other than that, everything is fair game.

Tough question there. Depends on the mood I suppose.I was raised listening to country and Bobby Vinton etc. I will be 49 and my music ranges from Pavarotti to heavy metal.I find it relaxing after a very stressful day,to come home,grab an ice cold beer,sit at my bar and crank some Pavarotti for a song or 2.Other days,I come home,grab an adult beverage and crank some Metallica....sometimes I like easy listening,80's or when I get sick of all of the above,I love the 50's. Then there are those times I get a good buzz going and get into Ice Cube gangsta material.

Edited by Single_shot

Tough question there. Depends on the mood I suppose.I was raised listening to country and Bobby Vinton etc. I will be 49 and my music ranges from Pavarotti to heavy metal.I find it relaxing after a very stressful day,to come home,grab an ice cold beer,sit at my bar and crank some Pavarotti for a song or 2.Other days,I come home,grab an adult beverage and crank some Metallica....sometimes I like easy listening,80's or when I get sick of all of the above,I love the 50's. Then there are those times I get a good buzz going and get into Ice Cube gangsta material.

+10

I grew up listening to classic Rock/Roll in the 50s, 60s and early 70s...

I also enjoy the folk music that was big back in the early 60s, with groups like The Kingston Trio, Chad Mitchell trio, and many others.

Over the last 20 years I've come to enjoy most everything country, from the forties right up to the present. I've requested that Willie Nelson's rendition of " Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" be played at my funeral.

If rap or hip hop comes on, I turn it off QUICK and tune in to some country or rock n roll oldies...

I have satellite radio in my truck and it comes on the Dish Network satellite at home. My favorite stations are Willie's Roadhouse, Prime Country and The Bridge.

60's, 70's, 80's & 90's pretty much covers it although some of the really old country from the 40's & 50's is pretty awesome also.

Favorites? Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Ray Price, Dwight Yoakam, Buck Owens, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, George Straight, John Denver and good heavens I can't forget Waylon Jennings.

And on the other end I dig Dire Straits, Tom Petty, The Cars, Bob Segar, The Eagles etc.

Those I enjoy but would NEVER admit to? The Bee Gees, Hall & Oats, Prince, Madonna, Gwen Stefani (FREAKING HOT) and maybe a few others! But I'd never admit that I liked any of these in person or on the 'net so just forget about it.......................

Oh, what do I hear right now..........Todd Rundgren "We Gotta Get You A women"

Time to warm up the coffee..........

60's, 70's, 80's & 90's pretty much covers it although some of the really old country from the 40's & 50's is pretty awesome also.

Favorites? Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Ray Price, Dwight Yoakam, Buck Owens, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, George Straight, John Denver and good heavens I can't forget Waylon Jennings.

And on the other end I dig Dire Straits, Tom Petty, The Cars, Bob Segar, The Eagles etc.

Those I enjoy but would NEVER admit to? The Bee Gees, Hall & Oats, Prince, Madonna, Gwen Stefani (FREAKING HOT) and maybe a few others! But I'd never admit that I liked any of these in person or on the 'net so just forget about it.......................

Oh, what do I hear right now..........Todd Rundgren "We Gotta Get You A women"

Time to warm up the coffee..........

I am with right there with ya on the music

Edited by paula

I was into classic rock but I slowly moved toward country music more so now as I get older. I can't stand the music teenagers listen to nowadays. My 15 soon to be 16 yo daughter always changes the stations on my car as soon as I pick her up from wherever. We always argue over the music she listens to which is often hip hop, rap, type music. I guess thats good for parties but driving?? Eh!

Her sweet 16 is coming up and I'm not looking forward to all the music but I do know one song shes going to be playing for me when she calls me up to light a candle - the Mossy Oak song by Tracy Byrd. Yee! Haw! Lol!

• Like 1

I love many styles of music, depends on my mood I guess. However, when I'm playing music, as the NYH should probably give a clue, it's Bluegrass and Country. It's in the blood I guess, because my daughter is a Board certified music therapist, and my son has Master's in Early music performance and a second Master's in Conducting. He teaches music in New Hamphire, and conducts and sings professionally in Boston.