unbelievably dissapointed

TreeGuy

Well, you get what u pay for.... just got mine and my dads bucks from last year back. Besides the fur being in sub-par shape, the mounts are about worth what we paid.....BUT i just knew something wasnt right with them. Started comparing photos to the mounts and it seems there has been an antler mistake. Mine are on his and his are on mine.....im speechless that a guy who does so much taxidermy could make an epic mistake like this !!!! Not gonna mention any names just yet and not gonna post pics. I guess im just looking for a pity party before i lose my mind..... anybody know if it will be possible to just swap antlers?

Give me a call and I can get you straightened out 5855901126

Unless u can switch antlers and forms for nothin im going to see what he says first.... my father paid for both. Mine was my bday/ christmas pres. So when i finally told him he was heated. He wants to call since he paid. 400each is a good price if they were the correct deer!

Does it really matter ?

Yes. Why? Cause every mount my father and i have we always get it exactly how they looked at the shot... mine was looking left and dads right.... i could care less about filling the wall with different style mounts, i want them how i shot them, which means the capes and antlers would have to be switched....wrong deer on wrong form and wrong antlers on wrong deer....yes it matters!!!! Would you really just let that go? We dont have that kind of money !

Edited by TreeGuy

Hey!! I shot a nice 8 one time and when I got him back it was my cape with someone else's 8 point rack on it!! Big deal I still had something to hang on the wall!!!! Just kidding LOL!! But I think he's serious! WOW!

Edited by ants

Yes. Why? Cause every mount my father and i have we always get it exactly how they looked at the shot... mine was looking left and dads right.... i could care less about filling the wall with different style mounts, i want them how i shot them, which means the capes and antlers would have to be switched....wrong deer on wrong form and wrong antlers on wrong deer....yes it matters!!!! Would you really just let that go? We dont have that kind of money !

I know for a fact id come unglued. I know the feeling working your butt off to pay for it and then getting bent over like that. I agree with you 100%x2. 800 is alot of money, for hard working guys like us.
  • Like 1

A name Does matter. why wouldn't the name of the guy matter?, How many other people need to get upset or angry because of somthing like this, If it was my mount everybody would know, Half ass work is not acceptable no way no how. Even if he does fix it the memories with your dad are always gonna be overshadowed because of the mess this guy made, So every time you look at the mount the first thing you will remember is the shitty job the guy did, not the hunt itself, You cant replace memories with loved ones and friends but taxidermists well they are replaceable. JMHO

I once paid $275 deposit on 2 mounts. One of the deer was my best ever, cool non typical 9 pointer. The Guy had a fire and I lost both. I stalk him for a year to get my money back.... ended up giving up. Do what you think is right for you and your dad and good luck. PS two beautiful bucks.

I've seen awesome mounts done for $325.00 and aweful ones done at a price a lot more than that. Some large shops use many differnt taxidermists and students,or trainees you never know who is actually doing your mount. Try finding a guy that does all his own work