Emergency rooms. Yuck !

ncountry

Well. I was careless and accidently kicked with a downward slashing motion a sharp corner of some landscape timbers with my shin...;(

It was immediately obvious that it was going to require stitches by the blood trail I was leaving. I've tracked and found deer that left less blood .

Good thing it's nothing serious,  I've been in the ER waiting room for 2 hrs so far.

Just now, ApexerER said:

Ugh, waiting is the worst part! Heal up quick!

I hear ya, except for one other time I've been lucky and have managed to avoid them. I'm usually a gauze and electrical tape guy, but this is beyond electrical tape help . I have a sock and 10' of duct tape on it now..lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

At least it sounds like you have a good attitude about it! 

Yeah. Just a flesh wound as they say. Initial reaction when I get hurt is anger,(I cannot successfully beat up land scapeing to get even)then feeling pretty foolish for being careless.. Thanks to a smartphone  I have something to do while waiting. There are not any magazines to read.

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

Well. I was careless and accidently kicked with a downward slashing motion a sharp corner of some landscape timbers with my shin...;(

It was immediately obvious that it was going to require stitches by the blood trail I was leaving. I've tracked and found deer that left less blood .

Good thing it's nothing serious,  I've been in the ER waiting room for 2 hrs so far.

I'd tannerite those timbers within 10 minutes of leaving the ER!   That'll teach em!  lol

Good luck at the ER.  Weve all visited there for brilliant reasons thru the years im sure.   My last trip was for stitches in my thumb from cutting a bar of soap.  Genius level stuff there.  

• Like 1

Finally..  I'm outta here as soon as the finish paperwork. 20 stitches another tetiniis? shot and good to go.  

As annoying as it is to wait.  It would be a lot worse if it was actually an emergency or I felt really sick . Small town hospital and there was atleast 15-20 people waiting at any time. 

Last time I was here it was because my dad had a stroke and in the same amount of time I waited this time he was already being treated in Syracuse(150 miles away) after being airlifted out..

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'd tannerite those timbers within 10 minutes of leaving the ER!   That'll teach em!  lol

Good luck at the ER.  Weve all visited there for brilliant reasons thru the years im sure.   My last trip was for stitches in my thumb from cutting a bar of soap.  Genius level stuff there.  

Lol. I like the tannerite idea. Not sure if my customer will.. ;)

20220523_130033.thumb.jpg.f304b37468d87c33ffba96fc186d0402.jpg20220523_150846.thumb.jpg.c7b2abd39950985055cf0f236a5192d3.jpg

32 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

No pics?!??

:)

Doesnt look like much in the pictures...And I brought home the tools. Next time I'm doing it myself..... maybe...lol..

If nothing else they work great to remove those deep hooks in fish once in a while. I already have one pair in the boat.. 

Especially those aggressive crappie. I can't fit my hand in there and they will have the hook where I cannot get it otherwise. 

20220523_142707.thumb.jpg.a0710a8bd6f0816fc40a2e0ddf2634c0.jpg

• Like 2