scent control!!!!

DeerLogic

Thought of something this morning n had to share. When you wash hunting cloths in the scent control detergents how many people thrown in a towel? I got out of the shower early a.m. and dried my face, and smelled Tide. Doesn't make much since??? All the scent control prep, and then wiping the scent I am trying to eleminate all over me. Guess I'll be washing hunting cloths and towels tonight.

I'm glad this was bought up on the boards. I have all the detergents, field sprays, deodorant and everything for the few weeks I'm heading to the woods. After I come home to wash the camo and the season is done, what's a good storage method to keeping them as scent free as possible? I've seen quite a few of the "scent-free" tubs for $79, but is that really worth it? Or is there something cheaper I can use?

Thought of something this morning n had to share. When you wash hunting cloths in the scent control detergents how many people thrown in a towel? I got out of the shower early a.m. and dried my face, and smelled Tide. Doesn't make much since??? All the scent control prep, and then wiping the scent I am trying to eleminate all over me. Guess I'll be washing hunting cloths and towels tonight.

I'd probably keep everything possible to wash scent free all the way down to socks and underwear?

I have my own separate towels and all clothes in the house get washed with unscented detergent all fall.

Yes

Every stitch. I keep all my stuff in a big plastic tool box by Stanley from Home Depot but before a new season i wash it all over again

And Yes

Edited by 5.9cummins

I'm glad this was bought up on the boards. I have all the detergents, field sprays, deodorant and everything for the few weeks I'm heading to the woods. After I come home to wash the camo and the season is done, what's a good storage method to keeping them as scent free as possible? I've seen quite a few of the "scent-free" tubs for $79, but is that really worth it? Or is there something cheaper I can use?

I use the plane plastic tubs, and I put the fresh earth waffer's in with all my clothes. It seems to do well, and fragrance all my cloths.

I cant wait until i get into my new place. I can only keep hunting stuff inside for the time being and it is impossible to keep anything scent free with a wife and three daughters.

I am waiting on the wife to get back from taking the kids to school and she left while i was in the shower. I get out of the shower and open the bathroom door only to walk into a cloud of hairspray that was used before they left.

I wonder if deer like cucumber melon. :banghead:

I cant wait until i get into my new place. I can only keep hunting stuff inside for the time being and it is impossible to keep anything scent free with a wife and three daughters.

I am waiting on the wife to get back from taking the kids to school and she left while i was in the shower. I get out of the shower and open the bathroom door only to walk into a cloud of hairspray that was used before they left.

I wonder if deer like cucumber melon. :banghead:

I have a scentote for airtight home storage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

You can get a kit to make a regular tub airtight.. for the $30 you may save I'm lazy and just bought the scentote.

You can get a kit to make a regular tub airtight.. for the $30 you may save I'm lazy and just bought the scentote.

I use some Duct tape, foam weatherstripping and a couple of Bungee cords. Makes them air tight. I get the tubs for @ $10 when they are on sale and the rest costs less than $30 to do 3 or 4 tubs.

Nah, they have a bunch at Wallyworld. Gonna pick one up for the kiddo before people start buying them up because theyre on the "Hot Toy" list this year. I appreciate it though!

No problem, and back at you!

"I use some Duct tape, foam weatherstripping and a couple of Bungee cords. Makes them air tight. I get the tubs for @ $10 when they are on sale and the rest costs less than $30 to do 3 or 4 tubs"

I don't seal them but use the same tub's, perfect for storing hunting stuff during travel.

Edited by Doewhacker