Another Mass shooting this time in Texas

First-light

The police. Depts  timeline has changed more times , then where I pick to sit opening morning .

The big unasked question in my mind is this . He crashed his truck near the school got out and fired a rifle at two people , that would generate multiple 911 calls . Which  would / should then have caused the 911 center to call the school to have them initiate  their lock down procedures , as well as caused some responding officers to go to the initial shots fired site and others to the school .

Yet 12 minutes later he strolls into the school through an open door met with zero resistance.from LE .

my bad he wrecked his truck OUTSIDE the school, fired at the people and the school, yet they didn’t go into lock down , wtf ,cops response time 16 minutes 

In his comments, Escalon said that the suspect, Salvador Ramos, shot his grandmother and then wrecked his truck in a ditch outside the school at 11:28 a.m. He exited the truck with a rifle and shot at two people across the street, Escalon said. He then approached the school and shot at the building multiple times and walked in through an apparently unlocked door at 11:40 a.m., according to Escalon.

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

There was a shooting in Charlseton on Wednesday night.. Guy open fired on a crowd at a graduation party with an AR.. Woman in the crowd legally carrying shot and killed the man before hurt anyone..  didnt hear about this on the news.. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I was unaware that there was a rule stating schools need to have glass doors? Changing exterior doors to steel and adding a few metal detectors is way more effective and cheaper than paying a a dude to sit in a room with a gun…

I don’t have a glass door in my house for a reason, why is it necessary for schools to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think you are really thinking it through. Talk about feel good stuff. Metal detectors are just that. Do you really believe a metal detector would have stopped any of these kids? And ok make the doors metal, are you going to close off all the windows too?  What are you worried about paying someone? I said the federal govt should since they throw money around at everything else. 

21 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

There’s going to be a lot more to explain.   They just said on Fox News that he was arrested four years ago for threatening to shoot up a school when he turned 18 in 2022……holy crap.  

Why would anybody be ok with more gun laws when the government doesn't adhere to the ones already in place?

• Like 5

I don’t think you are really thinking it through. Talk about feel good stuff. Metal detectors are just that. Do you really believe a metal detector would have stopped any of these kids? And ok make the doors metal, are you going to close off all the windows too?  What are you worried about paying someone? I said the federal govt should since they throw money around at everything else. 

Yes, yes I do think it would stop them! A metal detector before a locked door is very effective in keeping guns out of a school if the person”s” running them do their.

I have zero issues with the government spending money to make schools safer, my issue is wasting money. Paying 1 armed guy to watch cameras is an asinine idea from a security standpoint.

I want schools to spend money on keeping the assholes out of the schools!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yes, yes I do think it would stop them! A metal detector before a locked door is very effective in keeping guns out of a school if the person”s” running them do their.

I have zero issues with the government spending money to make schools safer, my issue is wasting money. Paying 1 armed guy to watch cameras is an asinine idea from a security standpoint.

I want schools to spend money on keeping the assholes out of the schools!

Wow, well since you actually believe metal detectors would stop these school shootings I’m going to just have to completely disagree and not waste any more time. 

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

There’s going to be a lot more to explain.   They just said on Fox News that he was arrested four years ago for threatening to shoot up a school when he turned 18 in 2022……holy crap.  

Yup, more red flags! Just like we figured but lets talk about gun control...

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/two-teens-arrested-after-planning-mass-casualty-event-for-uvalde-school/273-548565605

story from 2018 but did not give names of youth.

Seems just like in every case of these shootings there are a million mistakes made starting with ignoring the mental issues of the shooter for years right up to the response.  This kid was on someones radar, whether the schools, parents, law enforcement. It should have never gotten that far. 16 minute response time to a shots fired call is insane. Was there a call from when he shot his Grandmother?  Why was there an unlocked door at the school? This just should have never happened and it has nothing to do with the gun...

• Like 1

Wow, well since you actually believe metal detectors would stop these school shootings I’m going to just have to completely disagree and not waste any more time. 

When was the last time there was a shooting in an airport or stadium? Both places metal detectors have been used.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

When was the last time there was a shooting in an airport or stadium? Both places metal detectors have been used.

While I agree with you, there is also a heck of a lot more armed security at both of those places than any school in the nation. 

I was at my friends daughters spring concert last night at Ballston Spa. They held it on the football field. There were 2 Sheriffs and a State Trooper there. Kids and parents from grades 3-5. Hundreds of people. For the first time ever, i was thinking wow, what a soft target. It had never crossed my mind before. You could sit in the woods and pick off 30-40 people easy before anyone would probably know where the shots were coming from and those LEO's would have been helpless as well. You could have just as easily driven a truck through there and mowed down a ton of people. 

You can lock down a school, but how do you lock down football games, soccer games, concerts etc? 

If you are an evil person, and your goal is killing kids (god, that is sick to even say) I'm not sure how you are going to stop that unless we start weeding those evil people out.....

Just heard a bit of a press conference,on the way home from the gym . Shooter bought 1600 rounds and 60 mags , and some were freaking out when they thought he bought 375 rounds . 

While I agree with you, there is also a heck of a lot more armed security at both of those places than any school in the nation. 
I was at my friends daughters spring concert last night at Ballston Spa. They held it on the football field. There were 2 Sheriffs and a State Trooper there. Kids and parents from grades 3-5. Hundreds of people. For the first time ever, i was thinking wow, what a soft target. It had never crossed my mind before. You could sit in the woods and pick off 30-40 people easy before anyone would probably know where the shots were coming from and those LEO's would have been helpless as well. You could have just as easily driven a truck through there and mowed down a ton of people. 
You can lock down a school, but how do you lock down football games, soccer games, concerts etc? 
If you are an evil person, and your goal is killing kids (god, that is sick to even say) I'm not sure how you are going to stop that unless we start weeding those evil people out.....

I understand what you’re saying and agree. My point is putting steps in place to make it more difficult for the bad guy to get in is a much better first step than a good guy with a gun.

I’ve never been comfortable at places like you describe and avoid them when possible. It’s something I’m always thinking about!

You hit the nail on the head until we start dealing with evil the way they should be dealt with at the first signs these situations will continue! Evil doesn’t ever go away in a person, they can hide it but it’s always there until they’re put in the ground!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, First-light said:

When was the last time you bought a 1k rounds for your assault weapon. What a freaken red flag. So many mistakes you can see right now let this unfold. The parents there who wanted to go in should have. 

A few months back , perhaps a year idk for sure .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nomad said:

A few months back , perhaps a year idk for sure .

In my life I probably have bought at 1 time shells for skeet shooting maybe 10 boxes and 5 boxes of slugs for deer season. When you bought your ammo was there any back ground checks because you bought so much? Just asking and if not maybe we need a trip wire there in the system to flag this. 

When was the last time you bought a 1k rounds for your assault weapon. What a freaken red flag. So many mistakes you can see right now let this unfold. The parents there who wanted to go in should have. 

Never owned nor have I seen an assault rifle?

I do buy a couple thousand 5.56 and 9mm at least every other month. Always by the case “1,000.”

I enjoy shooting, is that a red flag to you?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I do buy a couple thousand 5.56 and 9mm at least every other month. Always by the case “1,000.”

The red flag is the type of beer you drink.

• Like 2

You know many banks and jewlery stores use double door bullet proof door system where u go in first door it locks behind you and the guard has to open the second door to let you in  .  Thats all you need to keep them out of a school . Of course that would not satisfy the left in this country because they really just want to disarm the public they don't care if kids get killed in schools . How many shootings  in gun ban citys in this country  too many to count.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yeah it is. If it keeps 1 kid safe knowing you ordered that many rounds so be it. If it all checks out you will be shooting and enjoying your sport!

• Haha 1