Another Mass shooting this time in Texas

First-light

Security, inflation, green initiatives, teachers unions, lack of staffing, etc.....

It all adds up to remote schooling in the next few years. It starts as an option for 11 and 12th grades, then expands from there. As we realize we no longer need to spend billions on brick and mortar schools, teachers in unions, exorbitant transp expenses due to new emission regs, that we need to better protect children and the largest factor that learning has completely changed due to technology.

Us old fogies will be gone and the new generation that is digital based and comfortable with it will move to this and actually prefer it. Look at the younger generation now and how they interact, it's thru a digital medium. No longer do you have to memorize facts, they are at your fingertips. Learning will be more based on the individual and that child can take classes more suited to them instead of general studies and go at a pace suited to them.

One teacher can remotely teach 150 students. And each student can have contact with a counselor as needed. Ever use Zoom? Can raise your hand and ask questions just like a classroom.

People argue that it's not going to work because:
1 - not enough social interaction - look at how people now interact including this forum. Do even you talk to friends now more by texting or calling? Now compare it to a youth that is on their phone 10 hours a day. Now forecast where that will be in 5-10 years. Already you need a computer to attend school now.
2 - parents have to work- many more people also work remote now. And remember the child tax credit monthly payments of $350 per child per month last year? Take away the expense of schools and put 1/4 of that money back into parents pockets and they will figure it out. And it would still be cheaper on the taxpayers.

How many parents are already unhappy with the school their kids attend, the curriculum and now are terrified to send them there? Do you feel you are getting your money's worth out of school these days? Brick and mortar schools will go the way of libraries.

Security- safer at home, no need for metal detectors, armed guards, lockdowns, active shooter drills etc...

Inflation- expenses for a school, transp, maint, etc will be gone

Green intiatives- all buses in NY by 2035 to be 0 emissions, by 2027 can only buy new 0 emissions. There will only be more of this to come.

Teachers unions - this would bust teacher unions supported by taxpayers. Could actually move to private contracting for teaching with the best teachers getting the most subscribers. No more tenure.

Staffing- it's forecasted that millions of teachers are soon retiring and will not be able to replace them, CDL bus drivers are a dying breed even getting paid $30/hr.

It's coming and prob whether we old fogies like it or not. It seems inevitable to me given the cultural changes.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yeah it is. If it keeps 1 kid safe knowing you ordered that many rounds so be it. If it all checks out you will be shooting and enjoying your sport!

We will agree to disagree. I don’t think it’s anyones business how many rounds of ammo I buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

In his comments, Escalon said that the suspect, "EVIL IDIOT " shot his grandmother and then wrecked his truck in a ditch outside the school at 11:28 a.m. 

This..  I think people who do this sort of thing should dissappear.. Name never publicly mentioned again.

I realize it would be difficult and would require some sort of stupid law and a certain amount of voluntary cooperation within social networking platforms.

These people just want to matter. In the past many just ended their own lives, now its a great way to be remembered for something, forever. 

No new gun laws are going to make any significant impact. It's a societal problem . One way or the other if someone decides to do something terrible like this it's going to happen, whether they shoot, blow up, run over etc.. their victims 

26 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

We will agree to disagree. I don’t think it’s anyones business how many rounds of ammo I buy.

I get it and it will get us no where. Our opinions are out there. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

You know many banks and jewlery stores use double door bullet proof door system where u go in first door it locks behind you and the guard has to open the second door to let you in  .  Thats all you need to keep them out of a school . Of course that would not satisfy the left in this country because they really just want to disarm the public they don't care if kids get killed in schools . How many shootings  in gun ban citys in this country  too many to count.

Yep my diamond guy does that stand outside press a button , while on camera answer who it is , get buzzed in to next area, when outside door closes , you then make it into waiting area, after which you’ll be let in .

5 hours ago, First-light said:

In my life I probably have bought at 1 time shells for skeet shooting maybe 10 boxes and 5 boxes of slugs for deer season. When you bought your ammo was there any back ground checks because you bought so much? Just asking and if not maybe we need a trip wire there in the system to flag this. 

Background check,  Lol . You realize buying just one a box of 50 a person could shoot 50 people right ? 

I buy by the case for several reasons , one being I can go through a couple hundred rounds in a morning , add in inflation ( i still have 50 round boxes of 9mm that I paid $9 for ) , plus I’m a forward thinking guy , Hell now we have gun owners wanting a “ flag “ when someone buys more ammo then they do . Awesome . 

• Like 4

https://advocatesnairobi.com/سعر-الليرة-التركي-اليوم/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/مسؤولية-البنك-في-القانون-الجزائري/
https://angosiam.com/اسعار-تذاكر-الطيران-من-مصر-الى-اوكراني/
https://sanakanwalfashion.com/تحويل-من-الجنيه-المصري-الى-الدينار-الج/
https://kerbymethodconsulting.com/منصة-فلوس-بلس-14744/

19 hours ago, First-light said:

In my life I probably have bought at 1 time shells for skeet shooting maybe 10 boxes and 5 boxes of slugs for deer season. When you bought your ammo was there any back ground checks because you bought so much? Just asking and if not maybe we need a trip wire there in the system to flag this. 

Sounds like you would be a good fit for the Biden administration.

That’s you. Obviously you don’t shoot that much. I have bought 1k rounds on many occasions and burned them up. I remember when I used to get them for $80 a thousand. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nomad said:

Yep my diamond guy does that stand outside press a button , while on camera answer who it is , get buzzed in to next area, when outside door closes , you then make it into waiting area, after which you’ll be let in .

Background check,  Lol . You realize buying just one a box of 50 a person could shoot 50 people right ? 

I buy by the case for several reasons , one being I can go through a couple hundred rounds in a morning , add in inflation ( i still have 50 round boxes of 9mm that I paid $9 for ) , plus I’m a forward thinking guy , Hell now we have gun owners wanting a “ flag “ when someone buys more ammo then they do . Awesome . 

Exactly, one box of 50 is plenty to do bad things. 

• Like 1

https://angosiam.com/كيم-يو-جونغ/
https://myfemalefunda.com/سعر-الدولار-في-سوق-ليبيا/
https://enjazalkhaleej.com/الناتج-الداخلي-الخام-للمغرب/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/التداول-بالهامش/
https://advocatesnairobi.com/الضريبة-على-القيمة-المضافة-بالمغرب-2022/

What about the shooting in South Carolina. AR15 guy got taken out by a girl with pistol (legally). No news about it I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have a link to that story? I can’t find it

Do you have a link to that story? I can’t find it

I think this one from West Virginia is the one he is talking about.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236.amp

this one > https://wchstv.com/amp/news/local/victim-hospitalized-in-charleston-shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

In case anyone missed it, the man that took out the school shooter in Texas wasn't even an on duty officer. It was a parent, and spouse of a 4th grade teacher. He just happened to be a border patrol agent.

He was getting a haircut when his wife started texting him that there was a school shooter. He grabbed the barbers shotgun, rushed to the school and ran into the school past 19 officers. He then evacuated his wife and daughter, made a plan with local officers for cover, and went back in and shot the suspect.

That mans name is Jacob Albarado and he is the true hero in this story. Share his name. He deserves it.

CBP officer Jacob Albarado runs into Uvalde school with barber's shotgun to save daughter (nypost.com)

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

We need security personnel in schools that are willing and REQUIRED to take action when this happens.  Not people who are there to protect their pensions and serve themselves.  Veterans with combat experience get my vote.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:
Incase anyone missed it, the man that took out the school shooter in Texas wasn't even an on duty officer. It was a parent, and spouse of a 4th grade teacher. He just happened to be a border patrol agent.

He was getting a haircut when his wife started texting him that there was a school shooter. He grabbed the barbers shotgun, rushed to the school and ran into the school past 19 officers. He then evacuated his wife and daughter, made a plan with local officers for cover, and went back in and shot the suspect.
That mans name is Jacob Albarado and he is the true hero in this story. Share his name. He deserves it.

CBP officer Jacob Albarado runs into Uvalde school with barber's shotgun to save daughter (nypost.com)

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

I read the article and about this man, but where does it say he was the one who shot the gunman?  

On 5/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, Nomad said:

Why not make it so you got to be 25 years old to own an AR type gun with some exceptions for military law enforcement and Hunters and Target shooters but there have to be a provision that there would be (No more new gun laws restricting gun ownership in this country ever again that's it )

Unless they put in the law that says  there will be no more new gun restrictions on people I'm not for any new law that restricts guns in this country because that's what they do something happens,  make a new gun law something happens again make a another  new gun law eventually you won't be able to get a gun and that's their plan all along you know. Thats the problem with changing the law .

Edited by phantom
  • Haha 1