Another Mass shooting this time in Texas

First-light

"Assault Rifle" is a misused term.  It only applies to full auto combat weapons at best.  Certainly not to Modern Sporting Rifles like the AR-15.  It's a term used to create fear among the clueless.

Any semi auto rifle that can take a detachable magazine is just as deadly as an AR-15. 

When they passed the so called "assault weapons" ban in NJ under Gov Jim Florio, they banned hundreds of rifles, including the M1 Carbine, but they had to specify by name, each and every banned rifle, otherwise the law would have been considered unconstitutionally vague.  The law shows how clueless politicians are though, as the Mini-14 and Mini-30 are still legal in NJ because they don't take a bayonet or have a pistol grip.

Every year NJ adds more rifles to the list.

NY banned some rifles based upon cosmetic things, but there are many rifles allowed, like the M1 Carbine and Mini-14, that are just as deadly as an AR-15.  The people who hate semi auto rifles are not qualified to be writing laws regulating them because they have no expertise in the area of semi auto weaponry.  But that never stopped a politician before and probably never will.  That's why we have so much bad legislation that doesn't work.

To fixate on weapons, rather than the person misusing a weapon, is the biggest mistake of all.  Violence will continue, no matter how many weapons are banned, as long as violent people are allowed to walk among us with impunity.  But politicians, for some reason, refuse to deal with that issue.  Probably because it would become an expense to the state to do so.  I believe the main reason they voted to empty the jails was to save money, because the state of NY is going broke.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2022 at 8:10 AM, LET EM GROW said:

There was a shooting in Charlseton on Wednesday night.. Guy open fired on a crowd at a graduation party with an AR.. Woman in the crowd legally carrying shot and killed the man before hurt anyone..  didnt hear about this on the news.. 

Nope didn't hear that on news  they never advertised how many times a citizen with a legal gun stops a crime in this country it's thousands and thousands of times a year that's thousands of lives probably saved you ever hear about it on news nope.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Nope didn't hear that on news  they never advertised how many times a citizen with a legal gun stops a crime in this country it's thousands and thousands of times a year that's thousands of lives probably saved you ever hear about it on news nope.

Check the fbi report. the number of citizens with guns stopping a crime is 3%. Unarmed people stop more crimes.

The FBI report does not include all the times a crime was stopped by brandishing a firearm and not having to fire it.  Often having a firearm is all that's needed to stop a mugging, robbery, carjacking, assault, etc.

• Like 3

I'm of mixed feelings here. I certainly keep a firearm nearby in the house in case of a case, and I'd rather be armed than not when faced with danger outside the house. But brandishing a firearm seems IMHO more likely to escalate a situation than defuse it. And you need to be willing to use it. With deadly force. I would not take a life to stop a mugging or robbery. In fact, I haven't, case in point being some teenage kid and a likely gang initiation. I ended up giving him one dollar. 

I see both sides of the argument, but it's not black and white. As I suspect is true of most anything dealing with guns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And after he got into the gang, he likely went on to bigger things and killed someone.

Most gang initiations require the kid to kill someone and give the gun to the OG, so they always have something on him if he turns into a rat.

And after he got into the gang, he likely went on to bigger things and killed someone.
Most gang initiations require the kid to kill someone and give the gun to the OG, so they always have something on him if he turns into a rat.

I’m a long ways from pro gang and I will agree with the “went on to bigger things.”

But “most gang initiations require a kid to kill” is complete bullshit! I work with gangs every day I bet it’s not 1 out of 100 gang members have murdered someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I'm of mixed feelings here. I certainly keep a firearm nearby in the house in case of a case, and I'd rather be armed than not when faced with danger outside the house. But brandishing a firearm seems IMHO more likely to escalate a situation than defuse it. And you need to be willing to use it. With deadly force. I would not take a life to stop a mugging or robbery. In fact, I haven't, case in point being some teenage kid and a likely gang initiation. I ended up giving him one dollar. 
I see both sides of the argument, but it's not black and white. As I suspect is true of most anything dealing with guns.

I agree, I don’t go anywhere without a gun but hope to hell I’ll never have to use it. My line was drawn before I ever started carrying, I will not draw to stop a crime that isn’t life threatening. I did this to make it black and white for myself and it’s the same thing I taught my students when I was instructing conceal carry classes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m a long ways from pro gang and I will agree with the “went on to bigger things.”

But “most gang initiations require a kid to kill” is complete bullshit! I work with gangs every day I bet it’s not 1 out of 100 gang members have murdered someone.

That's how my friends son got killed.  Working in a gas station, thug comes in with a gun and demands cash.  He was given all the money in the register, stood back and shot him in the heart.  Took off in a car full of thugs.  Nobody has ever been charged six years later.  Cops told my friend this is how gangs initiate members.  

The kids you deal with are hang arounds, not real gangsters.  They are not the ones that will do the real nasty gang work, until one day they are told to kill someone.

That's how my friends son got killed.  Working in a gas station, thug comes in with a gun and demands cash.  He was given all the money in the register, stood back and shot him in the heart.  Took off in a car full of thugs.  Nobody has ever been charged six years later.  Cops told my friend this is how gangs initiate members.  
The kids you deal with are hang arounds, not real gangsters.  They are not the ones that will do the real nasty gang work, until one day they are told to kill someone.

Because it happened once doesn’t mean most times, I never said it didn’t happen.

Not real ones? I work in a state prison. I forgot more about gangs last night in my sleep then you’ll ever know.

• Like 3

There’s no red flag that the guy bought two guns and a bunch of ammo at one time. Just go to any public range you’ll see guys unboxing there new weapons and blowing off a few hundred rounds very common. They didn’t say if he bought the weapons,ammo and body armor at the same time, but that’s a definite red flag. I know some will disagree but why should a civilian be aloud to buy body armor for what purpose?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

The FBI report does not include all the times a crime was stopped by brandishing a firearm and not having to fire it.  Often having a firearm is all that's needed to stop a mugging, robbery, carjacking, assault, etc.

Isn't brandishing is generally illegal?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

No better logical fallacy than the anecdotal one.

Backed up with "that actual professional experience you have is not valid, because my reasons."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

There’s no red flag that the guy bought two guns and a bunch of ammo at one time. Just go to any public range you’ll see guys unboxing there new weapons and blowing off a few hundred rounds very common. They didn’t say if he bought the weapons,ammo and body armor at the same time, but that’s a definite red flag. I know some will disagree but why should a civilian be aloud to buy body armor for what purpose?

Actually I priced out some body amor just yesterday. Rochester is a war zone , RPD is down 150 men, oh they’ll say only 100, because they shifted 50 off of staff to the line . Just had a talk with a friend still working for the FD ( he’s a Capt ) he said you can’t get a cop or an ambulance ( this is the FD that can’t, citizens forget it ) .

The other night a ATV riding a wheelie hit a cop car head on , rider jumped on another ATV and took off, a ,large crowd gathered and took the ATV that hit the cop car …. Cops ordered not to chase . As far as the ATV , those and dirt bikes ride the streets 50 at a time , they’re stolen from the burbs , most riders are armed and they control the streets .

I avoid ,the city at all costs , and when forced to , I go the long route , I also stepped up my carry , and frankly I’m thinking of adding a long gun to the truck . 

I know if my daughter gets caught up in some sh!t, most likely I’ll beat the cops by a country mile . While I didn’t buy the BA , when the Gov says no , makes me want to even more .

Oh and the FD now has it, and many ambulance personal wear it , citizens may not be far off…..

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 4

I guess all those killing in Chicago, NY, LA and the rest of those gang kingdoms are being done by the Boy Scouts.  And I'm sure every gang killer has been caught and convicted for every killing.  Convicts always admit to everyone they killed too.  Silly me.  I guess the cops on the front lines are full of crap and don't know anything about the gangs in their area.

On 5/29/2022 at 6:58 AM, Grouse said:
In case anyone missed it, the man that took out the school shooter in Texas wasn't even an on duty officer. It was a parent, and spouse of a 4th grade teacher. He just happened to be a border patrol agent.

He was getting a haircut when his wife started texting him that there was a school shooter. He grabbed the barbers shotgun, rushed to the school and ran into the school past 19 officers. He then evacuated his wife and daughter, made a plan with local officers for cover, and went back in and shot the suspect.

That mans name is Jacob Albarado and he is the true hero in this story. Share his name. He deserves it.

CBP officer Jacob Albarado runs into Uvalde school with barber's shotgun to save daughter (nypost.com)

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

We need security personnel in schools that are willing and REQUIRED to take action when this happens.  Not people who are there to protect their pensions and serve themselves.  Veterans with combat experience get my vote.

FAKE NEWS

I understand the fire and EMS wearing them and they should be issued., but are we really going to start wearing body armor to go shopping?
I know you’ve said your staying there because your kids don’t want to leave, but is it really someplace they/you want to raise a family. I’m just assuming there heading in that route. It sounds like a sh!thole to bring up a family.I can’t even imagine what the school system is like or a local park.

Actually I priced out some body amor just yesterday. Rochester is a war zone , RPD is down 150 men, oh they’ll say only 100, because they shifted 50 off of staff to the line . Just had a talk with a friend still working for the FD ( he’s a Capt ) he said you can’t get a cop or an ambulance ( this is the FD that can’t, citizens forget it ) .
The other night a ATV riding a wheelie hit a cop car head on , rider jumped on another ATV and took off, a ,large crowd gathered and took the ATV that hit the cop car …. Cops ordered not to chase . As far as the ATV , those and dirt bikes ride the streets 50 at a time , they’re stolen from the burbs , most riders are armed and they control the streets .
I avoid ,the city at all costs , and when forced to , I go the long route , I also stepped up my carry , and frankly I’m thinking of adding a long gun to the truck . 

I know if my daughter gets caught up in some sh!t, most likely I’ll beat the cops by a country mile . While I didn’t buy the BA , when the Gov says no , makes me want to even more .
Oh and the FD now has it, and many ambulance personal wear it , citizens may not be far off…..

Forgot to quote you nomad

I guess all those killing in Chicago, NY, LA and the rest of those gang kingdoms are being done by the Boy Scouts.  And I'm sure every gang killer has been caught and convicted for every killing.  Convicts always admit to everyone they killed too.  Silly me.  I guess the cops on the front lines are full of crap and don't know anything about the gangs in their area.

No one said gang members don’t murder people but your post about them having to kill to get in the gang is bullshit.

There are 22 million African American males in the us. 1 out of 3 African American males in the US are/were in a gang. That would be over 7,000,000 murders just on initiation alone. With an average of 19,000 murders a year in the US those numbers just don’t add up and proves your ignorance and that you’re talking out of your ass.

Im sure you know a guy that knew a guy who’s friend told you otherwise but those are the facts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

Why exactly shouldn't i be aloud to buy bodyarmor? Not saying i'm going too but i damn well should be allowed too...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

No one said gang members don’t murder people but your post about them having to kill to get in the gang is bullshit.

There 22 million African American males in the us. 1 out of 3 African American males in the US are in a gang. That would be over 7,000,000 murders just on initiation alone. With an average of 19,000 murders a year in the US those numbers just don’t add up and proves your ignorance and that you’re talking out of your ass.

Im sure you know a guy that knew a guy who’s friend told you otherwise but those are the facts.

WOW!!! 1 out of 3????   That is crazy!

• Haha 1

Why exactly shouldn't i be aloud to buy bodyarmor? Not saying i'm going too but i damn well should be allowed too...

For what purpose? Has anyone ever threw on there body armor and do anything legal with it. When are you going to need it? What right does it fall under? These shooting are straight up Mental issues but why make it easier for these human defects to kill.
There was a retired FBI agent on the news the other day explaining how they need to retrain law enforcement to shot for head and limbs not center mass because of the use of bony armor.

• Confused 1

I have body armor, I hope I never need it but I have it.

If they make owning it illegal when the day comes that I need it the laws won’t matter.

Just now, rachunter said:

For what purpose? Has anyone ever threw on there body armor and do anything legal with it. When are you going to need it? What right does it fall under? These shooting are straight up Mental issues but why make it easier for these human defects to kill.
There was a retired FBI agent on the news the other day explaining how they need to retrain law enforcement to shot for head and limbs not center mass because of the use of bony armor.

Because when the woke left idiots collapse our Nation. I want to be able to put my hands on anything and everything it will take to protect myself, my family and my loved ones and if we keep on this path, it will happen sooner than later. In a year and a half we can't feed our babies, or afford to put fuel in our cars/trucks. What is the next year and a half going to bring with these idiots in charge?

Maybe i should order some now.....better to have it and never need it than to need it and not have it!

• Like 3