Interesting story in NY

Robhuntandfish

They should have a spring bear season to keep them in check. Most fall bears are a byproduct of deer hunting.
I ran out back this morning to make sure my shed was locked there was a cub next to it. Luckily it stood up when I spooked it and didn’t charge at me. It was only 15 feet away from me eating huckleberry plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Northwest CT is overrun with bears. My NextDoor app is filled with bears in neighborhoods everyday. Sooner or later someone get bit or killed and then the liberals will want a controlled hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Northwest CT is overrun with bears. My NextDoor app is filled with bears in neighborhoods everyday. Sooner or later someone get bit or killed and then the liberals will want a controlled hunt

Agreed! Got a place in Northwest CT and saw 2 bears in 3 days. They have zero fear and ridiculous there’s no bear season.
Someone’s gonna get hurt soon.

• Like 1

Fact is more people are killed by black bear than  grizzlies.   Chased down and killed someone in new jersey a few years ago if i  remember right..   

Spring hunts should be started as  populations have increased 10 x since a few years ago. 

• Like 2

Agreed! Got a place in Northwest CT and saw 2 bears in 3 days. They have zero fear and ridiculous there’s no bear season.
Someone’s gonna get hurt soon.

Yea man. There was a big a Momma bear in my next door neighbors garage last week.

• Like 1

Fact is more people are killed by black bear than  grizzlies.   Chased down and killed someone in new jersey a few years ago if i  remember right..   
Spring hunts should be started as  populations have increased 10 x since a few years ago. 

Took a child out of a stroller. And I dont agree that liberals will demand a hunt. Theyd rather see people die

Funny thing about methheads, they show up odd places . One pot cooks will be there and gone in a few hours. If they don't get bothered  they will use a spot multiple times . Just don't want to be stumbling into them with no protection.  Meth users will squat where they can . Live in tents  until caught.  We had some on the next hill over from my hunting place  recently . Removed. arrested,  released, and returned in a few hours . Claimed  it was their home and had no place to go .  When they removed them the second  time property owner removed everything and burned it in another place . The methheads called the police on the owner for stealing their  property.  They were arrested again and released. 

I’ve had guides in northern Alberta, BC and Ontario all tell me the same thing. That’s lots of guys are killed in the “bush” each year by black bears but it never makes the news because these towns are so remote

There is a FaceBook group called Steuben County Bear Sightings. It has 5,000 members. Pics and videos of local bears are posted almost daily. Robust population in the Corning area (including in town). I am surprised at how many of them are cinnamon color phase. Door bells cams pick up a large number of bears that would otherwise pass undetected.

• Like 1