T/C Triumph & Blackhorn 209 Problems!!!

HUNT6246

great thread,I've noticed that my omega,shoots far better with same loads as my bone collector,2- 50gr white hots and 250 gr shockwave,after 3 shots with bc forget it , with the omega usually can get 5 or so w/o much movement on the paper

• 2 weeks later...

western powders (makes Blackhorn 209) has told me they've had the best luck with CCI primers and to make sure the speed breech is cleaned of build-up for a consistant flash and consistant clean ignition and accuracy. forget what drill bit size fit exactly into it. i'd have to dig up the PDF they sent me for using BH209 in TCs. Unfortunately it's hard to find around here.

For cleaning the breach plug on my Triumph, I believe I'm using a 1/8" diameter (long) drill bit. I prefer the long bit, because I can hang onto it easier when the gun is open and working around the scope without having to remove the breach plug. A pipe cleaner doubled may work in a pinch. Then for the smaller flash hole, I purchased a torch cleaning device from alocal welding supply company (less than $5). It has several wires wires of different diameters in it. They are roughened almost like a file. I believe it is the #3 wire (smallest to largest) that I use to clean the smallest diameter hole in the breachplug. The torch cleaner is probalby easier to hold on to than a small drill bit would be. It's also easier to keep track or and less likely to get lost. I hope this helps!

• 1 year later...