Treehouse/hunting blind

johnplav

L

i think it’s awesome you are doing this.  You will enjoy the time with your daughter.  But I would consider free standing.   Trees grow and things get out of whack.  I have had free stranding redneck elevated blinds for years and they don’t shift at all.   Regardless have fun!

29 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

L

i think it’s awesome you are doing this.  You will enjoy the time with your daughter.  But I would consider free standing.   Trees grow and things get out of whack.  I have had free stranding redneck elevated blinds for years and they don’t shift at all.   Regardless have fun!

There’ll be beams supporting the back too.   This thing will be built to last for years.  We put a cam on the trail behind the treehouse. 

740D6C4A-D8F7-46D3-959E-152F53EDCCD0.jpeg

• Like 7

How did you attach the boards to the trees ?  I always had trouble when I built tree stands (or tree forts when I was a kid) that were connected to more than one tree.  When it gets real windy, they always move independently and tend to rip out the connections.  

I have better luck with stand platforms attached to a single tree, such as this big poplar, with galvanized lag screws and (2) pressure treated posts for front legs.  

5EDFFD6E-615B-4EFD-9D8A-8FBC076E1207.thumb.jpeg.a1e0ae939ed352bf2af858dbd4800dea.jpeg 

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

How did you attach the boards to the trees ?  I always had trouble when I built tree stands (or tree forts when I was a kid) that were connected to more than one tree.  When it gets real windy, they always move independently and tend to rip out the connections.  

I have better luck with stand platforms attached to a single tree, such as this big poplar, with galvanized lag screws and (2) pressure treated posts for front legs.  

5EDFFD6E-615B-4EFD-9D8A-8FBC076E1207.thumb.jpeg.a1e0ae939ed352bf2af858dbd4800dea.jpeg 

It’s bolted into the trees… it’s a tree house!  If all goes as planned tho there’ll be a V brace in the back that can be adjusted to keep everything level if the front settles at all. And it won’t be as fancy as your barn board… siding will be T1-11. 

0F6A8372-6FEB-4CDF-A393-4468B5BB6E6F.png

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 1

Looking good, i always waited before staining pressure treated a year to let the moisture drop. 

Nearlyhave min complete now ,batton boards when dry and windows and railing... oh and a corner shelf for the senior in camps coffee..lol

20220528_195510.jpg

• Like 8

Just now, ncountry said:

Nice ! I like the 2 angled post/beams in the back too.

Time with the little ones is precious. Mine is off to college this fall and I'm missing  her already..lol

My daughters almost 4 and my sons a year and a half… so this needs to last 

• Like 1