First Time Hunting!!!!

My Brother Doug sent this email to me today:

I am taking my youngest son out for his first afternoon hunt with his Daddy. I love being a dad and I love being able to take my sons hunting. He has been out with me setting up trailcams and field testing DeerLogic, but this is going to be his first time ever sitting in a stand with me. I don't care if we even see a deer - I just want to see the thrill in his eyes of being "out there".....

Doug.

I learned from my uncles, as my dad doesn't hunt. But brings back memories. Miss being that young and getting so excited. It was better than Christmas morning. My daughter lost interest in hunting around 12-13 years old. Shame though she was the best Turkey caller. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

My Brother Did IT!!!!

I do not even know where to begin. WooHoo!!! I decided to go hunting this afternoon and I took my son Ryan with me. Ryan has helped put out trail cameras and food plots in the past, but he has never sat on a stand with me. So, this was Ryan's first hunt with his daddy. We got to the stand about 2 hours before dark and I set up a makeshift groundblind close to a scrape and heavily used deertrail - both of which we had entered into DeerLogic. About an hour later I made two calls with my Doe Bleat Can from Primos, and I heard the deer get up less than 100 yards and started walking towards us. He got to 50 yards and I made a perfect shot with my Remington 1187 - the deer didn't take another step. Both Ryan and I were slapping high fives and hugging - Ryan said he couldn't believe we got a Whitetailed Deer.... We went over and checked out the deer pulled out the DL and entered our bucklog with a big CHECK in the harvested section to let all of our huntgroup members know we got a deer. Mitch was calling me within minutes - MINT!!! What a Hunt - this will go down as one of my best. Ryan is hooked - just like I was when my daddy took me. I feel so blessed to have this chance to share my passion with my sons...

59645_4110633044506_2116855538_n.jpg

The deer is a 9 pointer - not that it matters :)

I always say you can't eat the horns!!!!

Edited by DeerLogic
  • Like 1