Formula One, Monaco Grand Prix ESPN

Lawdwaz

I wouldn’t have guessed many F1 fans here.

I have followed forever, was in high school and went to the last F1 race at watkins glen (track management stiffed the drivers of prize money!) Have gone to Canadian GP in Montreal most years. Its a circus and qualifying day is a cool thing to see. Got to meet Niki Lauda in an airport, he was long retired at that point.

Rain and a drying track always has thrown teams into disarray and made for unpredictable outcomes like today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I wouldn’t have guessed many F1 fans here.

I have followed forever, was in high school and went to the last F1 race at watkins glen (track management stiffed the drivers of prize money!) Have gone to Canadian GP in Montreal most years. Its a circus and qualifying day is a cool thing to see. Got to meet Niki Lauda in an airport, he was long retired at that point.

Rain and a drying track always has thrown teams into disarray and made for unpredictable outcomes like today.

LOL you were right, not many fans here.  Too bad for the rain today.....it's just such a cool place to have a race. 

Edited by Lawdwaz

I'm  not far from Watkins glen . Use to love going to the track. Qualifying is the best . Then comes watching the chit show. Watched the races at home when it was all over . My step-dad  was a local garage owner. We did comercial on the road tire service. Spent alot of time working on truck tires . Use to keep a service truck up their for all major events . Alot of money floating around up their .