Blackstone cooking

Chef

43 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I do hope you continue to research on microfiche and are able to get the purple ink off your fingers from the ditto machine!   How is that wall paper by the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW ! Forget about " Keeping Up With The Jones's "   This place has turned into " Keeping Up With The Blackstones " LOL

But I'm with Lawdwaz Cory And Biz . You are never going to convince me that Rib Eye , Porterhouse , Sirloin or Steak Tips , or even veggies  taste better on a griddle . Im Weber Grill all the way on that one . 

But I do have to admit , cooking 10-12 pancakes or eggs at a time , bacon and home fries , and even recipes like TF's Shrimp and Rice look amazing .

• Like 2

I’ve seasoned mine and cooked two meals so far, but dammed if I can figure out how to light the dam thing!  Instructions say to hold igniter button in and turn on, but when I do, nothing happens.  If I turn it on and use a lighter to light from below, it flames right up.    Maybe the igniters are bad?  

Also, my package was missing the bolts that allow you to swing the cover up and out of the way.  I’ve just been taking it off and setting it off to the side.  

4 minutes ago, Otto said:

I’ve seasoned mine and cooked two meals so far, but dammed if I can figure out how to light the dam thing!  Instructions say to hold igniter button in and turn on, but when I do, nothing happens.  If I turn it on and use a lighter to light from below, it flames right up.    Maybe the igniters are bad?  

Also, my package was missing the bolts that allow you to swing the cover up and out of the way.  I’ve just been taking it off and setting it off to the side.  

I’ve read the igniters are sometimes bunk. Hoping you get it figured out soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Otto said:

I’ve read the igniters are sometimes bunk. Hoping you get it figured out soon. 

I would turn the knob first, then press and hold the button. Not sure if that's the same as you have been doing. I didn't get the cover but instruction manual had a typo and told me to use a certain bolt number- the bolt doesn't exist in my package but the one that remained worked so...

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

I would turn the knob first, then press and hold the button. Not sure if that's the same as you have been doing. I didn't get the cover but instruction manual had a typo and told me to use a certain bolt number- the bolt doesn't exist in my package but the one that remained worked so...

Installing shelves called for bolts F.  Said Fug it and will come back to it. Typo as supposed to be bolts K  

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My cover doesnt swivel up, its not attached. I think that was an improvement since I bought mine. Also: cast iron steak > grilled steak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you use butter when doing steaks? It's the only I cook venison steaks, never on open flame.

• Like 1

My cover doesnt swivel up, its not attached. I think that was an improvement since I bought mine. Also: cast iron steak > grilled steak

The best steaks are Venny cheesesteaks

Did you add the AA battery it doesn’t come with one

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Did you add the AA battery it doesn’t come with one

AA battery ?????  Whaaaaat?  

I will look a little more closely. 

Also, assembly went well, no left over parts at all.  But when I saw TF grill, I realized I may have been missing parts. I can see where it all connects, just missing those special K bolts……

• Like 2

AA battery ?????  Whaaaaat?  
I will look a little more closely. 
Also, assembly went well, no left over parts at all.  But when I saw TF grill, I realized I may have been missing parts. I can see where it all connects, just missing those special K bolts……

I thought to myself theres no way he didnt put a battery in

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I thought to myself theres no way he didnt put a battery in emoji23.png

Well, in my defense, my Weber piezo igniter does not have a battery.  Clicks every time. 

• Like 2

My wife got me the one with the dual air fryer and warmer. Box is 210lbs lol. 

Going to have to find some time to assemble this thing. I am excited for it. Pretty much got everything but an SV. Pizza oven, grill, blackstone, air fryers, smoker.

Should be a good summer.

• Like 3

Well, in my defense, my Weber piezo igniter does not have a battery.  Clicks every time. 

It took me a min to figure it out.. I told my wife she got me a broken one

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Traveler arrived at work today , conversion adapter from propane cylinder to #20 tank arrives tomorrow 

5E5CDF45-55B7-46D7-A09F-D8594DDDBA26.jpeg

Hmmm. Could a tabletop Blackstone tap into an outdoor propane line that a grill is already on?