Blackstone cooking

Chef

5 tablespoons of EVOO was used in the making of this meal for 4 people. That's alot if veggies and "grilled" chicken
I was curious if this was a "healthy" meal so I paid attention.
3dae5bee3874bc46eaca30b092c93a8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more EVOO the better! It’s great for good cholesterol. I use 1/2 cup for my pesto per week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Going outside and frying food. Is this just another fad like airfryers and George Foreman grills. But hey whatta I know, I still use Charcoal and real wood

They aren’t new. Not sure why it’s a fad now. I remember seeing them at meadowlands parking lots tailgating in the 80’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Salt potatoes are actually a Central NY Thing,,,,, originated in the salt boil fields of Onondaga Lake.  They are small potatoes, usually white, boiled in heavily salted water.   At Wegmans or other groceries, there are 5 pounds of potatoes and about 1 cup of salt in a bag.  Then cut or smashed open and drizzled with butter making them a perfect summer side dish. 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/141785/syracuse-salt-potatoes/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kpkot said:

I challenge Bizs accusations.  As a kid my grandmother lived on long Island. When we would visit she would make this as a side dish to her corned beef. They are available downstate.

You'll have to excuse our Connecticut friend. His culinary skill set is rather limited you might say.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kpkot said:

I challenge Bizs accusations.  As a kid my grandmother lived on long Island. When we would visit she would make this as a side dish to her corned beef. They are available downstate.

As kids my aunt's and grandma would make them, Adirondack mountains

21 minutes ago, kpkot said:

17 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You'll have to excuse our Connecticut friend. His culinary skill set is rather limited you might say.

If @Chef, who actually went to culinary school never heard of them, they aren't common. I, only heard of them from summers spent in Pulaski and Depew as a kid. They aren't in local SENY grocery stores.

Even google says: Salt potatoes are a regional specialty of Syracuse, New York, a.k.a. The Salt City. Salt potatoes date to the 1800s, invented by local salt mine workers who created a simple and inexpensive lunch by boiling small potatoes in brine. The potatoes are still very popular today with the Central New York crowd, making an incredibly easy and delicious side dish.

Edited by BizCT

2 hours ago, Otto said:

Salt potatoes are actually a Central NY Thing,,,,, originated in the salt boil fields of Onondaga Lake.  They are small potatoes, usually white, boiled in heavily salted water.   At Wegmans or other groceries, there are 5 pounds of potatoes and about 1 cup of salt in a bag.  Then cut or smashed open and drizzled with butter making them a perfect summer side dish. 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/141785/syracuse-salt-potatoes/

my dad used to make them heavy on the salt at clam bakes to sell more beer!  

Ive cooked them before and people didnt know what they were and i just take them for granted.  Def a regional thing like Beef on a Weck, Utica greens etc.   

Hinerwadel's Famous Original Salt Potatoes (One 5 lb. bag) – Syracuse Crate

• Like 2