Blackstone cooking

Chef

3 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Delivered today! Got her seasoned and ready to get dirty! That side table model caught my eye, as I lack table space on the deck. When not in use, it folds down and out of the way.

833-F5-B7-F-99-DC-4-BB4-9165-FD385-E068-

2-FD198-A7-05-D1-483-D-A6-E9-78879-B9744

I want it! Have a blast!

On the subject of re-seasoning, I had some "help" the other night from my nephew who was super aggressive with the scrapper. I have not seen any negative sticking but the scar lines are visually unsettling!
I did one round of reseasoning but it didn't seem to cover the scratches.
Do I need to scrape it all down (not sure that's gonna work) or just put it through full 3 rounds of seasoning like it's a new griddle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Not sure I understand the rings for the eggs. I have them cause they came in the pancake kit but don't love them

Definitely help with saving surface space as once cooking I can move them around a bit and makes flipping for over easy easier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Mines loaded in the truck and headed to rhode island for a week. My neighbors done steamers on his, he throws them right on the surface and covers with a wet towel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was wondering about this. LMK how much of a mess griddle is after cook. I want to dump a couple bags on 

• Like 1

I swear, I am having such an issue with seasoning. I've cooked on the thing three times now, and seasoned the heck out of it and still getting rust. It's frustrating 

Get it screaming hot, apply a thin even layer of oil, let that smoke off and repeat. I did it four times

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Get it screaming hot, apply a thin even layer of oil, let that smoke off and repeat. I did it four times

Yeah, I've used a whole jar of the Blackstone brand seasoning stuff and went crazy with it. Plus also used oil, still getting it in places I haven't cooked on, and in places where I've cooked the most (The right side burner for example). The middle seems to be best seasoned so far, but I'll have to keep at it with another shot.

Mines loaded in the truck and headed to rhode island for a week. My neighbors done steamers on his, he throws them right on the surface and covers with a wet towel

Please be careful!!! How is it secured?!?

Yeah, I've used a whole jar of the Blackstone brand seasoning stuff and went crazy with it. Plus also used oil, still getting it in places I haven't cooked on, and in places where I've cooked the most (The right side burner for example). The middle seems to be best seasoned so far, but I'll have to keep at it with another shot.

Use flax seed oil it has a much lower smoke point it will make it easier… also go to Home Depot and get a blow torch it will help with the corners… post some pics of what yours looks like