Awesome way to start my gun season

Stretchhunts

Well I spent all bow season stalking this huge 8 point I saw. I only had 3 incounters with him. Had a broadside shot at 45 yards. I'm comfortable enough to take that shot so I let him walk. Hardest decision I have ever made in the field. Opening mornig of southern tier gun I was sitting in my monsy stand. No action at all until 7:42. I had a sweet buck walk in at 25 yards. I couldn't get him to stop so instead of taking that shot I waited. He finally gave me an 82 yard shot. My .270 did some work on him. Biggest buck to date for me. It isn't the one I was stalking but I sure am happy with it.

post-537-0-62116100-1353694928_thumb.jpg

post-537-0-32472500-1353694938_thumb.jpg

post-537-0-07177900-1353694947_thumb.jpg

post-537-0-52893100-1353694955_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks everyone. I've learned over the years not to take a shot if I'm not comfortable in it. I've lost a huge deer doing this and will never do it again. My 12 year old was also able to get his first buck this year with a bow so I'm real happy with this year. I got word last niht the one I was after got shot, bummer but hey I can't complain.