Hunter/Game Warden relationships

What kind of summons did you get that the cop was wrong?

Parking at a hydrant, when there is no hydrant. Double parking when I wasn't parked. Parking at no standing when not parked or standing. Disobeying marked pavement, when the markings are worn out.

In all these cases, I've had to fight these tickets and was a big time waister. These things come in waves. It's like all of a sudden, they come out in full force giving out massive tickets, then we won't see them for another year or two and same thing happens again. So its not a matter of doing everything right, it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Let's not even start about the cops fixing tickets, huge scandals with that being exposed not too long ago in NYC.

• Like 1

Sad to see how poorly many people here view law enforcement. Obviously there are going to be some bad officers, but those are outnumbered by the good. The little man syndrom? Seriously? Sounds like someone has an issue with authority. Like others have mentioned, follow the law and you won't have problems. If you get a bogus ticket present the case to the judge and it will be the officer who has the issue. They put their lives on the line every day, ECO's included. You feel they don't care about the people then maybe you should look into the effect the job has on LEOs lives. Its tough to manage a family and friendships when work forces you to be watching out for your life at all times and to be suspicious of everything.

We expect them to take every call, and sort out all our troubles with other people. When some one else's violation irks you, you feel cheated if they don't get a ticket.But when you violate the law you feel cheated for getting a ticket. Too often it seems that stories of good cops involve a cop showing leniency. I am not saying they should not be lenient in cases, but being lenient is not their job.

As for Larry302, I am sure you are special for growing up in a rough city. Just because there are some horrific crimes occuring does not mean we need to neglect the smaller crimes. Seems to me that your city is understaffed, and overpopulated with violators. I have nothing but respect for officers who work in that environment. However, I also respect the men you described as being bored off theior a$$. ECO's approach armed men every day, and often on bad terms. Poachers with sawed off barrels in their cars, meth labs, drunkards, and assist in all law enforcement activities when needed. You sure are tough for being in the vicinity of shootings, next time try stopping the man doing the shooting and see that you don't crap yourself doing it.

• Like 1

Sad to see how poorly many people here view law enforcement. Obviously there are going to be some bad officers, but those are outnumbered by the good. The little man syndrom? Seriously? Sounds like someone has an issue with authority. Like others have mentioned, follow the law and you won't have problems. If you get a bogus ticket present the case to the judge and it will be the officer who has the issue. They put their lives on the line every day, ECO's included. You feel they don't care about the people then maybe you should look into the effect the job has on LEOs lives. Its tough to manage a family and friendships when work forces you to be watching out for your life at all times and to be suspicious of everything.

We expect them to take every call, and sort out all our troubles with other people. When some one else's violation irks you, you feel cheated if they don't get a ticket.But when you violate the law you feel cheated for getting a ticket. Too often it seems that stories of good cops involve a cop showing leniency. I am not saying they should not be lenient in cases, but being lenient is not their job.

As for Larry302, I am sure you are special for growing up in a rough city. Just because there are some horrific crimes occuring does not mean we need to neglect the smaller crimes. Seems to me that your city is understaffed, and overpopulated with violators. I have nothing but respect for officers who work in that environment. However, I also respect the men you described as being bored off theior a$$. ECO's approach armed men every day, and often on bad terms. Poachers with sawed off barrels in their cars, meth labs, drunkards, and assist in all law enforcement activities when needed. You sure are tough for being in the vicinity of shootings, next time try stopping the man doing the shooting and see that you don't crap yourself doing it.

well said, and it's funny how the guy's who claim to have been wrongly charged still find themselves involved in long court battles....probably because they don't have proof of their innocence and keep grabbing at straws.

Parking at a hydrant, when there is no hydrant. Double parking when I wasn't parked. Parking at no standing when not parked or standing. Disobeying marked pavement, when the markings are worn out.

In all these cases, I've had to fight these tickets and was a big time waister. These things come in waves. It's like all of a sudden, they come out in full force giving out massive tickets, then we won't see them for another year or two and same thing happens again. So its not a matter of doing everything right, it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Let's not even start about the cops fixing tickets, huge scandals with that being exposed not too long ago in NYC.

First off all your tickets you taking about are written by metermaids not the police and that ticket fixing scandel was about getting rid of tickets for people. Get your facts right before you spew nonsense and lies on the internet

well said, and it's funny how the guy's who claim to have been wrongly charged still find themselves involved in long court battles....probably because they don't have proof of their innocence and keep grabbing at straws.

You sound like someone that has not gone through the system.

No doubt the cops are wild about giving tickets out there i've gotten there maybe 5 times by car and gotten tickets about 3 of them. And the one time I went threw a tole with about 200 other people and there was no one in the booth, as i'm getting beeped at and what not after a few minutes I drove off like everyone else ahead of me. Not even 2 weeks later I got a ticket in the mail.

And as far as the crime rates theres no way to put a real life number on what goes on in that city.

First off all your tickets you taking about are written by metermaids not the police and that ticket fixing scandel was about getting rid of tickets for people. Get your facts right before you spew nonsense and lies on the internet

Some were from meter maids and some were from police. As much as I'm concerned, they are one agency and all belong to NYPD, do they not? As for fixing tickets for people, someone else ends up suffering because of the loss in revenue from the legit violations. I don't see your justifications in their actions. So which lies were you referring to?

nope, never had to....keep myself in compliance with the law's.....and I've had more than my share of interaction with law enforcement.

That's great for you, come back when you've been through the system unjustly and I'll take your experiences with some consideration. Let's hope you never have to.

That's great for you, come back when you've been through the system unjustly and I'll take your experiences with some consideration. Let's hope you never have to.

been checked while hunting, fishing, at roadblocks, got letters from DMV that my registration was about to be suspended you name it, took care of any potential problem right away and always had my stuff squared away, and have always been respectful.that should pretty much avoid any problems.

What I find disturbing is that there are people that are so closed minded that they can't see this happening in parts of the state outside their home towns. Even within NYC, there are areas that you can literally get away with murder, and others where you'll be charged for it for being in the wrong place. Not acknowledging this fact is only foolish.

And speaking of respect, when I'm in the wrong, I know it. And when speaking to LEOs while driving, fishing, or hunting, I've always treated them respect. This is even after having a few NYC highway patrol and detectives yell at me as if I killed their mothers. There definitely are pieces of junk out there that don't deserve any of our respect, but that's not to say I'll treat every LEO I run into as if they are asses. I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

Some were from meter maids and some were from police. As much as I'm concerned, they are one agency and all belong to NYPD, do they not?

Thats like saying the high school janitor is the same as teacher because they all work for the same agency.

Every parking ticket and speeding I ever got was my fault. I had one cop that was unreasonably being a d%$k but I was still speeding.

Thats like saying the high school janitor is the same as teacher because they all work for the same agency.

Every parking ticket and speeding I ever got was my fault. I had one cop that was unreasonably being a d%$k but I was still speeding.

That's great for you; but for the rest of us that have been wronged and time wasted in the system, we push on.

Apparently this went from a game warden to cops in general.

It's no secret there is a quota system for NYC cops and there are some (not all - some) cops who are lazy so they hand out bogus tickets just to meet the quota. I've been ticketed twice wrongfully. One was a maybe, the other was an obvious wrongful ticket and a jerk of a cop.

Driving through the upper west side of manhattan, there was a squad car doubled parked on a one lane street. I slowly squeeze through him and then I saw the light turn yellow so I speed up to make it. Minutes later, that squad car pulls me over. Apparently he was following me for awhile waiting for me to do something wrong. They had me get out of the car and start yelling an me like a drill sergeant. I played it cool...did the whole "yes, sir...no, sir...I'm sorry, sir". Cop to my left points to the squad car and tells me to go wait over there while he checks on the passengers. The moment I took a step, the cop to my right accuses me of trying to run. Did the whole breath analyzer, etc. Came out clean, I wasn't drinking at all. In the end, I get a ticket for reckless driving.

I consulted a friend of mine who is a NYC cop and he told me it's a bogus ticket. In NYC, you cannot get a reckless driving by itself. It's accompanied by a primary ticket such as running a red light, speeding, turning without signaling, etc. How can you be considered "reckless" if you followed every single traffic law to a t?

So I took a day off. Went down to court at my "appointed" time. Waited FOUR hours! Tons of other "law breakers" went ahead of me. When I finally went up to the judge, he read the ticket and said okay, I can pay $25 and they'll drop it. I asked what if I don't want to pay and would rather fight it? He said then we'll arrange another court date for you to fight it. Now, that means I have to take another day off. Come all the way back down here again, wait hours again...just to avoid $25? I decided to just pay the $25 eventhough I knew full well that I was innocent. I just wanted to get out of there so bad I rather let the city rob me of $25 because I lose a lot more than that taking a day off. All those people who went before me...every single one of them paid their $25. I wondered how many of them also got robbed by the city?

PS: Even after that, I hold no grudge. I have a few friends who are NYPD and I can say for sure, they're outstanding officers so there are some good ones out there...unfortunately, there are also some bad ones too.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

Had the pleasure of running into my buddy again last evening. Seems that the reason they are so active in the area this year is that a bunch of people have been night hunting. :angry: That just sucks on so many levels, I wish people would just be legal. Above all I just wish everyone would be sports man. I think it is so funny how people do stuff like that, and when they shoot something that is big they act like its a trophy. Glad I'm a sportsman, and take pride in the hunt leading up to the harvest. I just wish everyone did. Although I know every hunter in their heart knows if what they are doing in the woods is right or wrong. Just do it right!!!! So much more fun B)

• Like 1

Heres one for you I live in a small town in Delaware County we had 2 co's move in to an apartment just 100 yards from me they were the you are guilty to start of with kind of folks my sons and I were on our way back from a morning set stoped the truck to look at a few deer on a peice of land we could hunt my son jumped out to take his coat off as they drove at us from a mile away now mind you this is BOW season and the deer are 150 yards or more away pulled up in front of us lights and all flashing blocked the road made us get out of the truck had a look at every thing then started grilling us about some of the locals asking if we knew so and so where they hunted and things like that no reason for the lights and all the noise any ways long store short they spend 2 seasons in that apartment and only got one guy not even the ones they wanted

been checked while hunting, fishing, at roadblocks, got letters from DMV that my registration was about to be suspended you name it, took care of any potential problem right away and always had my stuff squared away, and have always been respectful.that should pretty much avoid any problems.

If you had kept yourself in compliance of the laws at all times, how did you manage to get letters threatening registration suspension???

Also, it's already been proven, in court on Monday, by the Public Defender, that I was completely within the law.

This is not the first time. I got a ticket in the Village Of Fishkill years ago, claiming I was driving a car I wasn't. In fact, 2 people got a ticket for driving the same car! I had to go to court for a year, before somebody finally realized that it was impossible for 2 people to be driving the same car at the same time. A YEAR! Don't tell me that it doesn't happen. Or, shall I get the records on it, and post it online? I'm also going to try to get the records on this fiasco, and post it here. As a matter of fact, I DO have proof right here that verifies it. All I have to do, is take pictures.

This initially started, because the insurance company we had at the time, cancelled us prematurely. We had paid for two months up front, and, for some reason, got cancelled after one month, with them claiming we didn't pay for the second month. I don't fault the officer for this. We were originally suspended-the suspension was rescinded after the insurance company admitted they made a mistake to the DMV. By then, the damage was done.

When I presented the insurance cards to the officer, he wrote me a ticket for no insurance anyhow. He gave me no benefit of the doubt. This is why my car got impounded. When I got pulled over, I had Progressive, and it was 100% valid. He also gave me a ticket for not updating my change of address with the DMV. Wrong again-the DMV sent me a letter of renewal right to my address, and, as verified by the Public Defender, my drivers abstract verifies it. These were all proven in court on Monday.

Nonetheless, the prosecutor wants me to plead guilty to something. Why should I??? When the Public Defender pointed out, through documentation, that I was wronged, the prosecutors only reaction was that she didn't have those files. Whose fault is that???

So, now, I am scheduled for a trial on the 19th of December, to prove what's already been proven-that I did nothing wrong. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I should not have to prove my innocence. It's their job to prove I'm guilty. Apparently, that was thrown out the window.

By the way, years ago, the cop had to be there when you went to court. Today, they don't. If you ask me, that's a crock. I'm actually going to post my proof on here later on. When I do, I want an apology from those who automatically considered me to be guilty.

i had my first interaction ever today, i called in some tresspassers the officer was very nice and professional it was eco s. bartizowski (sorry im not sure if i got the last name right) i gave him there license plate no and stuff and he said he will look it up and got talk to the guys and ask what they have to say for themselves and then give me a call back and let me know how it went.... i always was slightly scared of calling the dec cause i thought they would prob try to find stuff wrong w me and im sure im not totaly perfect but now that i know what the officer is like (nice not mean and grouchy) he will prob get lots more calls in yrs to come from me...

Apparently this went from a game warden to cops in general.

It's no secret there is a quota system for NYC cops and there are some (not all - some) cops who are lazy so they hand out bogus tickets just to meet the quota. I've been ticketed twice wrongfully. One was a maybe, the other was an obvious wrongful ticket and a jerk of a cop.

Driving through the upper west side of manhattan, there was a squad car doubled parked on a one lane street. I slowly squeeze through him and then I saw the light turn yellow so I speed up to make it. Minutes later, that squad car pulls me over. Apparently he was following me for awhile waiting for me to do something wrong. They had me get out of the car and start yelling an me like a drill sergeant. I played it cool...did the whole "yes, sir...no, sir...I'm sorry, sir". Cop to my left points to the squad car and tells me to go wait over there while he checks on the passengers. The moment I took a step, the cop to my right accuses me of trying to run. Did the whole breath analyzer, etc. Came out clean, I wasn't drinking at all. In the end, I get a ticket for reckless driving.

I consulted a friend of mine who is a NYC cop and he told me it's a bogus ticket. In NYC, you cannot get a reckless driving by itself. It's accompanied by a primary ticket such as running a red light, speeding, turning without signaling, etc. How can you be considered "reckless" if you followed every single traffic law to a t?

So I took a day off. Went down to court at my "appointed" time. Waited FOUR hours! Tons of other "law breakers" went ahead of me. When I finally went up to the judge, he read the ticket and said okay, I can pay $25 and they'll drop it. I asked what if I don't want to pay and would rather fight it? He said then we'll arrange another court date for you to fight it. Now, that means I have to take another day off. Come all the way back down here again, wait hours again...just to avoid $25? I decided to just pay the $25 eventhough I knew full well that I was innocent. I just wanted to get out of there so bad I rather let the city rob me of $25 because I lose a lot more than that taking a day off. All those people who went before me...every single one of them paid their $25. I wondered how many of them also got robbed by the city?

PS: Even after that, I hold no grudge. I have a few friends who are NYPD and I can say for sure, they're outstanding officers so there are some good ones out there...unfortunately, there are also some bad ones too.

This actually sounds like a true story and not just finger pointing. I can see this happening and it sucks.