best afternoon of my season.............kinda

waterweasle

Had a good couple of days also, Thursday: big 10pt now clean shot, small spike( let him walk),Friday: at least a good 8pt ( head in apple tree) shot at him hit the only sapling in area cut it right in half, Saturday:shot a nice seven pt in the morning, latter in the afternoon saw a big spike(12-15" each side) let him walk, all this from a stand I set up for bow hunting and never sat in, plus two foxes a doe and one other hunter, going back in tommorow, but letting my buddy sit there hell of a nice guy I am good luck everyone

Am I missing something here? It's good to hear somebody have as much deer action as you have had, but am I reading this wrong? You "shot a nice seven pt in the morning", but are still out there to let a "big spike", "walk", in the same day. What choice did you have than to let him walk if you already filled your buck tag? And, now you're "going back tomorrow"? Are you able to take more than one buck during gun season in your area?

• Like 1

Going to fill my doe tag, yes can shoot another "buck" if his antlers are 3" or less, letting him walk is a matter of speech, didn't know we had grammer cops on here lol, man this form is tough

Maybe I can let another one walk tomorrow , and there are alway choices making the right one sometimes is the hardest choice of all

Edited by Marcygirl

I assume that rule is made to account for human error since from a distance, points short of three inches are tough to see. I don't think it supposed to be used by hunters to intentionally fill a doe tag with button bucks or short spikes.

Additionally, I saw a bizarre deer at the processor the other day. It was a male deer with an under three inch spike on one side and the other side (also under three inches) seem to barely split into two points. A buck tag was used but I am wondering if a doe tag could have been used if following the letter of the law?