OLD! Very Old .22's.. Help please!!

My mother had a bolt action Winchester .22 that was given to her circa 1935. It was her job as a grade schooler to rid the family farm of woodchucks. Anyway, that gun had plenty of language stamped on it, but no serial number! It was her home defense weapon when she was in her 80's. I think she lost it when her boat sank.

4a80994f363aaf3df25c1066fabe8e26.jpg
Does it look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Does it look like this?

I have a  old 22 that looks just like that one except for the trigger guard. Some one ages ago must have broke the trigger guard and replaced it with a old spoon handle. Lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Does it look like this?

1) The bolt on hers was different. The safety was a small slide (forward or backward) to the right of the bolt. In the picture, is the bulbous thing at the rear of the bolt a safety? Hers did not have that feature. 2) The wood grain pattern on the stock is quite similar, however the finish was quite a bit darker, almost chocolate color. 

8 minutes ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

1) The bolt on hers was different. The safety was a small slide (forward or backward) to the right of the bolt. In the picture, is the bulbous thing at the rear of the bolt a safety? Hers did not have that feature. 2) The wood grain pattern on the stock is quite similar, however the finish was quite a bit darker, almost chocolate color. 

that tab on the top is the safety

" As with the Model 60 from which it was derived, the cocking piece at the rear of the bolt had to be manually drawn rearwards to cock the action after closing the bolt, but the design was improved to incorporate a wing-style safety"

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

There may be markings under the stock on barrel or reciever, there were many companies making guns back. Then some very small companies, one was in irving ny, buffalo, chicago. These comanies made their own but procduced for other and had no markings visable as the were sold as  sears, ect. 

Im glad this thread came back up, I dont think there was google when I found this rifle lol. According to all this its from the first year of production in 1934

The Model 67 was introduced alongside the Model 68 in May 1934 and immediately proved popular. As with other Winchester models, various design changes were made over time.

The finger grooves in the stock were eliminated in late 1935.
The bolt retaining spring was eliminated in August 1937.
The stock was enlarged in October 1937 so the takedown screw would fit flush with the bottom, the forearm was changed to a semi-beavertail shape, and the pistol grip was made more pronounced.
The sear and extractor were modified in January 1938 to throw ejected cases farther when the bolt was opened.
An optional .22 WRF chambering was added in April 1938 to the standard rifle.
The same sights used on the Model 68 were offered as options for the Model 67 starting in August 1943.
In an effort to render Winchester products more visible when stored vertically on retailers' racks, an inlaid bronze stylized "W" logo was added to the trigger guard in March 1944. The logo was changed to red paint at an unknown later date.
In place of the earlier chrome plating, blued finish was used on the bolt, trigger, and cocking piece starting in October 1944.
The firing pin design was changed in January 1946.
Sources: Houze 1993, p. 160 & Henshaw 1993, pp. 104–105.

Approximately 383,597[1] to 652,538[2] Model 67s had been produced when production ceased in 1963.[8] The Model 67 was never produced with serial numbers for the American market because they were not required on American firearms prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968, but an unknown number bound for foreign markets had serial numbers applied.[1]

Prices of the Model 68 on today's collector market remain reasonable due to the model's high production numbers. The Boy's Rifle commands a slight premium, while the relatively rare .22 WRF and smoothbore versions are worth more than double the standard rifle, and the very rare Model 677 is worth nearly ten times standard value.[7]