My first ever shed antler

BuckTracker

Figured I share my success,

Finally found my first shed antler ever!! Was just walking around the middle of some hardwoods this morning following some tracks and there is was. I saw just the antler beam and g3 looking me in the eye, I couldnt believe it!! Put some leather to the ground the past spring looking mulitiple areas for sheds, dumb luck I guess!

post-1650-0-69513900-1353892728_thumb.jp

post-1650-0-53526800-1353892747_thumb.jp

That buck was probably sick for some reason or maybe wounded. I have had them shed in early Dec before but there was always something wrong with the buck!

Four Seasons- I'm curious what was wrong with some of your bucks that dropped early.

Did they recover and drop at normal times the following year or drop early again?

Think it has been sitting for a season, but just in awsome condition. It has some chew on the tip of the g3 and some nawing on the tip of the main beam and brow. Despite that, it has great coloration in the base region for sitting alomst a year.

So lucky to finally find one. It was like touching a tit for the first time!!!

• Like 1

wow cool! the only one ive ever found was several yrs ago while disking in the spring it was laying in the middle of the field and i saw it and stopped.... it was a left side 5 pt the cool thing was i took it over to the neighbor and he had a pic of that buck Jan 1st at midnight it was a really nice 10 pt i think he is still out there cause i never heard he was shot he would prob be about a 12 pt now and prob about 3.5 to 4 yrs old which reminds me ive been hearing rumors from a lot of neighbors bout a nice 12 pt thats hangin out somewhere in the area.............. to bad i allready filled my buck tag this yr