slow in 3m, but not for trespassers

bryabbio

There has been a lot wrong where I hunted for the past 6 years. Low deer movement, but a lot of trespassing hunters on my clubs mountain. I seem to be pushing out a lot of trespassers this year. But hey what can you do they are in the same position as most of us, seeing little deer movement. The one way I have seen shooter bucks is walking in he swamps. Yes its a slow year but us as Hunters have to put forth more effort. Don't assume that that area is dead, just try different spots. Good luck everyone.

There has been a lot wrong where I hunted for the past 6 years. Low deer movement, but a lot of trespassing hunters on my clubs mountain. I seem to be pushing out a lot of trespassers this year. But hey what can you do they are in the same position as most of us, seeing little deer movement. The one way I have seen shooter bucks is walking in he swamps. Yes its a slow year but us as Hunters have to put forth more effort. Don't assume that that area is dead, just try different spots. Good luck everyone.

EXACTLY!!!! thats how i got my buck! normally i would NEVER have been at that spot at 9:00 sat morn but its cause i saw the doe come trotting out 10 min before (from 400 yrds away on the other side of the brush patch) and we decided to try and push more deer out that i got him

There was one day I day kicked a guy out, and within a half hour he was back in the same spot. I had to have told this guy over and over again, that he was hunting on posted property nd the other half was posted by the Palisades park commission. But, did this guy listen? Nope. Ive been kicking him off 4x every weekend. I wish he would just stop and go somewhere else.

yeah you could have gotten 4 dmps this year for 3M if you wanted them. I always see a ton of deer where I hunt. My problem is that I always let doe after doe and small buck after small buck walk waiting for the big boy, only to wind up with nothing at the end of the season. Hoping to take a doe at the very least this weekend.

• 10 months later...

There was one day I day kicked a guy out, and within a half hour he was back in the same spot. I had to have told this guy over and over again, that he was hunting on posted property nd the other half was posted by the Palisades park commission. But, did this guy listen? Nope. Ive been kicking him off 4x every weekend. I wish he would just stop and go somewhere else.

Call the DEC next time he is there and he should get the point then!

• 3 weeks later...

3J has been slow for years. I'm not sure why they give out DMP's to everyone. I see maybe 1-2 deer the entire season. I went scouting today, and I saw nothing. No sign at all.

my buddy and I own land in 3j and we always see doe never bucks thou. We have never got a dmp for that area we are always denied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I live in New Windsor (3M) and have trespassers occassioanlly.  I posted heavily and it seems better. 3 years ago I almost got shot by one shooting a deer I was letting go.  The guy had the nerve to argue with me after I climbed down and killed the deer after he wounded it on my property.

I also hunt in 3m, warwick. Tons of doe and little bucks. I have only seen one scrape and zero rubs. But i know the place we hunt has some real nice deer, its just getting them out during daylight. Buddy down the road said he saw 2 nice bucks after sundown. So hopefully its picking up and bucks will be on their feet.