NY package of 10 ant-gun bills in the Legislature

Gov. Kathy Hochul and her Democrat leaders in the Legislature, announced a sweeping 10-bill package that again stomps on New York gun owners, while doing nothing to enhance public safety. 

This package includes legislation to further restrict magazines by eliminating grandfathering.  They want to raise the age for purchasing a long gun and strengthen “red flag” laws.  They have a “clearinghouse bill” so Draconian with its registration and record-keeping requirements that it will drive every dealer out of the state. Under their gun grab, they want to require a license to simply buy a semi-automatic firearm.  This package is topped off with microstamping, a scheme which has not been successfully implemented in a single state and has nothing to do with any of the criminal acts they are purportedly trying to prevent.  All of this is an indictment against the SAFE Act, and now they are doubling down on the same failure.  They told you 9 years ago that their gun control would make the streets safe.  It didn't, and now they are back with 10 more bills!

While exploiting tragedy to pass their gun ban agenda, they have completely turned their backs on New Yorkers.  They have left thriving cities to decay.  Even more incredible, there is not one, single school safety bill in the mix.  That is disgraceful!

Please contact your state Senator and Assembly member today, and respectfully request that they oppose ALL gun control bills. 

The last scheduled session date is Thursday, June 2.  They aim to ram this package through the legislative process and have it signed into law by the end of the week. 

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

They will pass a law requiring a license aka rifle permit , just like your pistol permit , to own any semi auto rifle . Rim fires included .

Thatll be fun ha ? Look for it real soon .

Micro stamping doesn’t work , the “ process “ is owned , patent protected by a single company, many makers flat out refuse to use it, so no guns made for NY .

When I said I went to a gun shop yesterday there was a reason ….. Just like stopping in shops while in Fla . You gotta get ahead of the curve fellas .

And as luck would have it I picked up a length of 6 inch pvc that was laying in the road on a sharp curve ,just yesterday. A sign from God ?

Edited by Nomad

One of the issues that liberals and gun control advocates are most loath to discuss is how heavily and effectively totalitarians and mass murderers have relied upon gun registration and other firearms controls to round up “enemies of the state.” HITLER, STALIN, CASTRO, and MUSSOLINI all seized upon gun laws to punish, incarcerate, and even exterminate their opponents, while permitting their own evil cliques to expand and strengthen the state and party monopolies on gun ownership.

https://fee.org/articles/gun-control-preceded-the-tyranny-in-venezuela/?fbclid=IwAR0vcRfEx9hTEChDYu3IU_c1Bcb6FCwv4Lpqnwc4uKsLcoqk4IQE-0MC3zQ

Edited by Grouse

23 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

We can hope Rob, but there’s to many rinos for me to have confidence in them blocking it , after all the unsafe act was passed bipartisan . So there’s that .

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

We can hope Rob, but there’s to many rinos for me to have confidence in them blocking it , after all the unsafe act was passed bipartisan . So there’s that .

I don't like all the BS the uneducated Left wing anti-gun jackasses keep trying to pass, nor do I fool myself into thinking there's not a chance some might actually go through. I just refuse to get my sphincter all tightened up every time there's a whisper in the wind. I refuse to let this stuff consume me 24/7 365, life's too short to spend all day and night worrying, and emailing or calling local reps does about as much good as using a piece of paper to chop down a tree. Then there's the mental illness factor, but who decides what that mental illness is? As I have said in the past, and others have also stated recently, a part of that decision would come down to medications people take. So someone who has to take antianxiety medication would be treaded as someone suffering from depression, the medications for both are the same.

There's really no such thing as common sense gun laws or control. Because that term can be so loosely interpreted, it can be twisted into opinions, which is all gun laws are to begin with, just a bunch of uneducated dipshits telling others what they can and cannot do/have. Even Biden hasn't been very successful on his promises to ban certain firearms, or at least put massive restrictions on them. Even many on the left are getting sick of all this, and seeing far more Dem’s are now gun owners since the pandemic started, they don't want a lot of these restrictions either. I would bet dollars to donuts, a lot of new gun owners on the left who bought AR style rifles for home defense now see the stupidity of the SAFE Act. I would also bet a lot of them are now rebel outlaws, with those AR’s set up the way they are supposed to be set up.

If downstate would be separated from upstate and have two NY's, upstate gun owners most likely wouldn't be dealing with any of this crap. No one wants to point the finger where it belongs on anything, and the NYC area, and it's close surrounding liberals get to tell the rest of NY what they can do and have.

Then we have to examine the NRA, who's one job is to protect the 2ND Amendment, and now do nothing. If they want to cry about needing more funds, maybe the guys in that organization making 6-figure salaries should take a pay cut to uphold our rights as gun owners.

• Like 2

You spent more time writing that then I do ,” worrying .” I know what’s coming and I’m well ahead of things .

My summer days are spent in the pool, camping, traveling taking in MLB games and yard work , which I actually enjoy . The there’s the upcoming Alaska trip with a few other couples .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JJBat150 said:

Haven't been out yet, but I suspect most gun shops are busier today than January 2013 right before the UNsafe act was pushed through....

There was only one other customer in the shop when I went yesterday, a guy I used to work with actually.

Retired cop at the gym is going today , if I see him Friday I’ll ask . But most gun owners will be caught flat footed again ….

They had tons of ammo , we’ll see what happens after a few days, and then when the feds go after things , If the Republicans don’t gain ground this Fall ,watch out . I’m surprised they didn’t go after how much one can buy at a time, or have at home without some sort of license, as they freaked out over how much ammo these guys had . I was thinking that would be a big push as well .

I think I’ll go down in the basement put on some baseball and inventory,what I keep here at the compound .

Edited by Nomad

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’m surprised they didn’t go after how much one can buy at a time, or have at home without some sort of license, as they freaked out over how much ammo these guys had . I was thinking that would be a big push as well .

Shhhh don't give them any ideas! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

You spent more time writing that then I do ,” worrying .” I know what’s coming and I’m well ahead of things .

My summer days are spent in the pool, camping, traveling taking in MLB games and yard work , which I actually enjoy . The there’s the upcoming Alaska trip with a few other couples .

My post wasn't set in your direction, not at all. It was set at the members we have here who don't seem to ever go outdoors, and I get a feeling do not hunt. Some are more than willing to post up pictures of vacations and at work, outdoors doing anything is a different story. Those member numbers seem to be growing, while those of us who do actually leave the house are coming here less and less.

I'm not in any way saying there isn't need for some concern, but it just seems some folks live to be angry or riled up over something all the time. It\s not a healthy way to live life.

I spent last week up north with my wife getting my butt kicked by fish, a little bushcrafting, and just having a blast being in a cabin on a 14 mile lake. I put my phone on airplane mode and only used it to take pictures and shoot video. I wasn't up there to hunt, but saw the only turkey I put eyes on for the month of May. Then I came home and spent three days messing with friction fire.

• Like 1

Looks like the age limit restriction made it to the turncoats' desk, and we all know she'll sign it faster than  lightning. What isn't clear is the microstamping and license requirement for semi auto rifles. If the license crap passes, what does that mean for existing owners?

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

With the exception of the age restriction, those laws are already on the books. Many cities already require firearms to be in a safe, we haven't been able to own anything over 10round mags for a long time. You can't buy a firearm for your cousin or outside immediate family for a long time. So in reality, that article is about as informative as a will written on a piece of TP with no notary signature.

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

If they move forward with micro stamping , that’ll end any new pistol sales in NY . Which is of course their goal . 

This article explains it well .

https://www.cityandstateny.com/policy/2022/05/what-gun-microstamping/367585/

I understand what it is, and I'd have to agree that this will stop ammo from being sold here because manufacturers aren't going to make special lots just for any state requiring it.

I'm still curious about this license thing and how that going to play out if passed. Are us current owners going to have to jump through even more hoops to keep our rifles? Cost of this license? Is it for only those who buy AR's going forward?

I was in a shop a little while ago to pick up some ammo, there were already a few guys in there to buy AR's. Two of the sales people explaining to the customers what's good to go and what isn't stated they expect to sell probably 100 AR's today. Get ready for a lot more shortages again. Thank goes out to the left once again to create chaos and drive prices way up again.

9 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I understand what it is, and I'd have to agree that this will stop ammo from being sold here because manufacturers aren't going to make special lots just for any state requiring it.

Micro stamping is done by the gun that fires the round . A special alphanumeric serial number is engraved on the head of the firing pin, which then transfers that number to the primer upon firing . Another number , would be on the part of the gun that the rim of the cartridge seats against, transferring it in a second spot at least according to some .

The technology is solely owned by one company and patent protected , Calf. Has this requirement and no or few manufacturers use it .

That and over 50% of the time the number is unreadable, plus criminals use stolen guns ….

Albert Einstein : “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Gun control addicts are unwilling or unable to accept the facts that allot of gun control laws are useless in stopping PEOPLE VIOLANCE.  Still they support politicians who think similarly.  You would think that many New York State gun control politicians would have learned from the failures of the SAFE Act, it is not about the guns, it’s about the violent sociopaths.  They just validate Albert Einstein’s view of insanity.

Sadly I realize that many politicians do not really care about children.  Many politicians who support gun control also support abortion (AKA: BABY KILLING).  The proof is these gun control addict politicians legislate more useless gun laws rather than improve security and harden defenses at schools.  Apparently killing an unborn child verses an eight year old child must not matter to them.  Need proof?  Along with passage of worthless gun laws they protect abortion (AKA:  BABY KILLING).  Those are the facts.

So in conclusion, our schools will not be any more secure with these useless gun laws.  Our children will continue to be vulnerable to death and injury from PEOPLE VIOLANCE unless the politicians start increasing security and defensive measures at every school.

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Micro stamping is done by the gun that fires the round . A special alphanumeric serial number is engraved on the head of the firing pin, which then transfers that number to the primer upon firing . Another number , would be on the part of the gun that the rim of the cartridge seats against, transferring it in a second spot at least according to some .

The technology is solely owned by one company and patent protected , Calf. Has this requirement and no or few manufacturers use it .

That and over 50% of the time the number is unreadable, plus criminals use stolen guns ….

I think we're ahead of CA at this point with stupid laws. Or at least even with them. My wife wasn't thrilled this morning when I said I think I'm finally sick of NY and want to be someplace else. We have some awesome country here with great fishing and some pretty darn good hunting, but man this crap is getting old fast with slamming our gun rights. I'll never get to leave this place, though, so I'll just have to swallow every bite of the shit sandwich that comes my way.

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That last part on the licenses was what I thought I read the other day, it's for those purchasing new semi-auto rifles.

I knew I should have bought that complete lower this morning when I had the chance, because as I said already, this is just going to empty shelves of the scary black guns and the ammo again.

I'm curious are they going to make it so it's like 1 permit that lets you buy both handguns and semi automatic long guns now you think? Or are they going to have it so it's like two separate permits I mean if they are  going to do this it should be like one permit that covers both handguns and long guns less red tape and confusion.

They have no idea how they're going to do it.  They have no idea how much push back they will get and what it will cost.  They have no idea what problems this will cause.  The only thing they know is it won't do a damn thing to stop any criminals.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm curious are they going to make it so it's like 1 permit that lets you buy both handguns and semi automatic long guns now you think? Or are they going to have it so it's like two separate permits I mean if they are  going to do this it should be like one permit that covers both handguns and long guns less red tape and confusion.

The AR15 license is going to be separate. What we don't know is the cost of this stupidity. I was in three different gun shops over the weekend, and even they don't know the cost, or the full details on what's going to be required for the license. All they know is they made buckets of money over the weekend, from myself included.

At 10AM it will all become official as the turncoat is making a spectacle of signing this. Brandon is watching and making his own schemes.

I was watching the news yesterday morning, and they went from talking about this sweep, calling it "Save The Children", and in the next breath saying how a new bill will allow females from other states that don't allow abortion to come here and get one, for free. I was speechless, how does one go from save the children to come here to abort them? This state's a nightmare. Ever since she took office, I've had more of a pit in my stomach than I did with the king.

• Like 1