NY package of 10 ant-gun bills in the Legislature

It's never going to be about safety, or stopping crime, it never was/is. Let's not forget the clean slate bill, let's let the bad guys out of jail and prison, clear their record, and let them start over again. Then we have all this foolishness about turn in your illegal gun no questions asked, and sometimes they pay the stains on society for those guns.

One thing that's hurting us the past few years is the ass jockeys are actually using legal firearms they bought in these shootings. That in itself is paving the way for the anti gun movement.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm curious are they going to make it so it's like 1 permit that lets you buy both handguns and semi automatic long guns now you think? Or are they going to have it so it's like two separate permits I mean if they are  going to do this it should be like one permit that covers both handguns and long guns less red tape and confusion.

It will be separate of course , that way they can charge you the hundred or so bucks for it also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

The AR15 license is going to be separate. What we don't know is the cost of this stupidity. I was in three different gun shops over the weekend, and even they don't know the cost, or the full details on what's going to be required for the license. All they know is they made buckets of money over the weekend, from myself included.

At 10AM it will all become official as the turncoat is making a spectacle of signing this. Brandon is watching and making his own schemes.

I was watching the news yesterday morning, and they went from talking about this sweep, calling it "Save The Children", and in the next breath saying how a new bill will allow females from other states that don't allow abortion to come here and get one, for free. I was speechless, how does one go from save the children to come here to abort them? This state's a nightmare. Ever since she took office, I've had more of a pit in my stomach than I did with the king.

Looks like she's worse than King Como was which is something I said before about that guy . the devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

This is not about safety for children or anyone else.

100% correct.

The Democrats are the champions of unborn baby killing, children killing and the killing of the elderly.

Their heads are more up and concerned about criminals and the lazy parasites of society.

As one famous Democrat said "Rahm Emanuel - You never let a serious crisis go to waste."

In their continual allowance to prevent school shootings and other people violence using firearms it helps validate their false and twisted "gun control" agenda.  It enables them to garner the support of so many ignorant people to go out with their stupid signs advocating for  restrictions and prohibitions for firearm ownership.

Many years ago I address the "gun control circus" with Senator Schumer in a letter.  About six months later he sent me a letter thanking me for my support of animals rights.  What a joke.  Real innocent people dying is what they need to promote their "gun control" agenda.

Edited by ADK Native
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

100% correct.

The Democrats are the champions of unborn baby killing, children killing and the killing of the elderly.

Their heads are more up and concerned about criminals and the lazy parasites of society.

As one famous Democrat said "Rahm Emanuel - You never let a serious crisis go to waste."

In their continual allowance to prevent school shootings and other people violence using firearms it helps validate their false and twisted "gun control" agenda.  It enables them to garner the support of so many ignorant people to go out with their stupid signs advocating for  restrictions and prohibitions for firearm ownership.

Many years ago I address the "gun control circus" with Senator Schumer in a letter.  About six months later he sent me a letter thanking me for my support of animals rights.  What a joke.  Real innocent people dying is what they need to promote their "gun control" agenda.

I wonder if they looked at the demographic of who is buying these guns  before they made a decision. I bet if it was all soccer moms buying AR's  they would not have done this . When the next crazy figures  out he can kill just as many kids with a suv . I dont think they will make you get a extra permit to buy a suv you know. 

It’s a done deal.  As usual, it’s all GUN CONTROL and no CRIMINAL CONTROL or making schools more secure and safe.  Our children are not safer because of these worthless new laws.

New York Governor Signs New Curbs On Guns In Wake Of Mass Shootings

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-governor-signs-new-curbs-on-guns-in-wake-of-mass-shootings/ar-AAY95xw?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

Do not hold your breath.  It’s all gun control and NO criminal control.  Our school children are in just as much danger thanks to the gun control addicts.

The article states "This is a moral moment for the people of New York but also the rest of the nation," said Governor Hochul.

No, it’s an IMMORAL MOMENT.  As always Hochul and the other gun control politicians fail to take action to protect innocent people.  It takes real morals to do the right thing, and nonsense gun laws that only serve to restrict and prohibit access to firearms by law abiding citizens.  Hochul and her supporters are unwilling or unable to legislate effective security and defensive measures at schools, support law enforcement, properly punish violent criminals, institutionalize the “violently” mentally ill, bring real discipline back to schools and junk the welfare system that has destroyed the family unit enabling fatherless families.

The article states "Follow what we did here in New York and we'll finally start to be at the beginning of the end of all this gun violence and the massacres that are occurring every day in our country."

Follow nothing Hochul.  Those of us with a functioning intellect know your all smoke in mirror to deceive the weak minded into “thinking” your laws with reduce or eliminate PEOPLE VIOLENCE.  Your nonsense SAFE Acts and other useless laws did not work at attacking the root causes of PEOPLE VIOLENCE.  So what makes anyone that does not have a functioning intellect believe restricting someone to have to attain the age of 21 to purchase a semi-automatic firearm?  Personally as a teenage I was issued and trained to be an expert with a REAL assault rifle, the M16A1. I wonder if that sends shivers down the spine of gun control addicts because I had not attained the magical age of 21?

They say these mass shooters want their five minutes of fame.  Why not bring back public hanging for these monsters?  They will get their five minutes of fame swinging from a rope in public for all to see that the government does not condone murder.

Again, Albert Einstein is correct “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”  That insanity are gun laws that only restricts and prohibits law abiding citizens for possessing firearms.

Nothing changes. 

• Like 1

I have to wonder how all this will affect going to the range. The indoor range we go to rents a lot of semi rifles, I guess to even rent one of those you'll need a license. But how do you get one just to go to the range? How are range masters going to figure this out? I doubt they'll have a list of rifles bought prior to 6/6/2022. My AR's were bought pre-BS, so I don't need the license to have them, but do I need this license to even shoot at the range now? By this new law, my wife can no longer shoot my AR's nor can I shoot her rifle, because it would constitute "possession".

Huge cluster f going on with all this.

License and age 21 goes into effect July 7 .an assembly person just said if you have a handgun permit ,you can put them on that .She also said if bought out of state , you can bring it here and not need to have the license . That seems odd yes, but that’s what she said , we’ll see won’t we .

Interesting as chance would have it we’ll be touring around a couple states later this month .

So glad, my wife and both daughters got their pistol permits . And already own ARs 

37206BCC-B403-4360-981D-8383F142B237.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

From the text of the bill - looks like semiautomatic rifles do not get recorded. The law was specifically updated to call out recording on the pistol permit, and NOT the semiautomatic permit.  (The underline text is added to the law by this bill)

7. License: form. Any license issued pursuant to this section shall,

except in the city of New York, be approved as to form by the super-

intendent of state police. A license to carry or possess a pistol or

revolver or to purchase or take possession of a semiautomatic rifle

shall have attached the licensee's photograph, and a coupon which shall

be removed and retained by any person disposing of a firearm to the

licensee. [Such] A license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver

shall specify the weapon covered by calibre, make, model, manufacturer's

name and serial number, or if none, by any other distinguishing number 40 or identification mark, and shall indicate whether issued to carry on

the person or possess on the premises, and if on the premises shall also

specify the place where the licensee shall possess the same

The bill also says that the license is only needed to "to purchase or take possession of such a firearm when such transfer of ownership occurs on or after the effective date". So, it's not a carry permit, just a purchase permit.

No matter how you slice and dice it, it's just a feel-good law that's only going to affect legal gun owners, and do little to curb the criminal violence.

https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2021/s9458

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Belo said:

is there a summary list somewhere of the changes? did microstamping go through?

Id recommend searching each one and reading the actual laws.  The summaries make them sound straightforward and in some cases useful.  They are neither. 

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-signs-landmark-legislative-package-strengthen-gun-laws-and-protect-new-yorkers

Raising the Age to Purchase Semiautomatic Rifles  

Legislation S.9458/A.10503 requires individuals to obtain a license prior to purchasing a semiautomatic rifle. Under preexisting New York State law, individuals must be 21 years or older to acquire a gun license.  

Banning Body Armor  

Legislation S.9407-B/A.10497 makes it illegal to purchase and sell body vests for anyone who is not engaged in an eligible profession. Eligible professions include law enforcement officers and other professions, which will be designated by the Department of State in consultation with other agencies. It also requires that all body vest sales are completed in-person.  

Strengthening the Red Flag Law 

Legislation S.9113-A/A.10502 expands who may file an Extreme Risk Protection Order (ERPO) petition to include health care practitioners who have examined an individual within the last six months.  

It amends the firearm licensing statute to ensure that mental health practitioners' reports on potentially harmful individuals are considered closely when determining whether to issue a firearm license.  

It also requires police and district attorneys to file ERPO petitions when they have acquired credible information that an individual is likely to engage in conduct that would result in serious harm—either to themselves or others.  

It requires State Police and the Municipal Police Training Council to create and disseminate policies and procedures to identify when an ERPO petition may be warranted.  

Microstamping  

Legislation S.4116-A/A.7926-A requires the Division of Criminal Justice Services to certify or decline to certify that microstamping-enabled pistols are technologically viable and if certified as viable, to establish programs and processes for the implementation of such technology; and establishes the crime of the unlawful sale of a non-microstamping-enabled firearm.  

Microstamping is an innovative ammunition-marking technique that marks bullets and cartridge cases with a unique fingerprint each time a firearm is discharged. This allows investigators to link bullets and casings recovered at crime scenes to a specific gun and potentially other crimes. 

Closing Loopholes  

Legislation S.9456/A.10504 expands the definition of a "firearm" to include any weapon not defined in the Penal Law that is designed or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by action of an explosive.  This is intended to capture firearms that have been modified to be shot from an arm brace, which are evading our current definitions of firearms and rifles. 

Legislation S.9229-A/A.10428-A eliminates the grandfathering of large capacity ammunition feeding devices that were lawfully possessed prior to the enactment of the Safe Act or manufactured prior to 1994. 

Legislation S.89-B/A.6716-A creates the crimes of making a threat of mass harm and aggravated making a threat of mass harm. 

Enhancing Information Sharing  

Legislation S.4970-A/A.1023-A requires enhanced reporting by law enforcement to the state and federal gun databases. Agencies must report seized or recovered guns to the criminal gun clearinghouse; participate in the ATF's collective data sharing program; and enter the make, model, caliber, and serial number of the gun into the national crime information center.  

The law also requires gun dealers to enact uniform security and reporting standards. It prohibits those under 18 and not accompanied by a parent from entering certain locations of a gun dealer's premises and requires training for all employees on conducting firearm, rifle, and shotgun transfers, including identification of and response to illegal purchases. It also requires State Police to conduct inspections of gun dealers every three years. 

Improving Response and Reporting of Hateful and Threatening Social Media Content  

Legislation S.4511-A/A.7865-A requires social media networks in New York to provide a clear and concise policy regarding how they would respond to incidents of hateful conduct on their platform and maintain easily accessible mechanisms for reporting hateful conduct on those platforms 

Legislation S.9465/A.10501 creates a new Task Force on Social Media and Violent Extremism. Housed in the Office of the Attorney General, the Task Force will study and investigate the role of social media companies in promoting and facilitating violent extremism and domestic terrorism online. 

This robust set of new laws, designed to provide immediate enhanced protections and developed and approved in partnership with Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins and Speaker Carl Heastie, builds on two Executive Orders issued in the immediate wake of the Buffalo shooting.  

• Like 1

It will take effect in 90 days, well, 89 now. The microstamping will be 3-4 years at the earliest. Seeing the states' pistol permit regulations are in the courts to be overturned, this may get the boot as well. From what I've read, there are some people and ORG's already going through motions to fight this.

It is 100% a load of crap! Here's to hoping those SCJ's still in office from Trumps placement do what's right and repeal this before it takes effect.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nomad said:

And the gun shop is packed …. Be interesting to see what’s left in a couple weeks .

I have everything I "need". I do have 2 AR sites, a reflex and coyote one and thought it just doesn't make sense to have a hunting AR and home defense AR, so it was on my future list. Might have to speed that up

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

It will take effect in 90 days, well, 89 now. The microstamping will be 3-4 years at the earliest. Seeing the states' pistol permit regulations are in the courts to be overturned, this may get the boot as well. From what I've read, there are some people and ORG's already going through motions to fight this.

It is 100% a load of crap! Here's to hoping those SCJ's still in office from Trumps placement do what's right and repeal this before it takes effect.

the whole microstamping thing is laughable to me. So there's a guy in his treestand all legal, but the criminals... you know the ones they're trying to stop. Like they're going to be following the rules? lmao

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belo said:

the whole microstamping thing is laughable to me. So there's a guy in his treestand all legal, but the criminals... you know the ones they're trying to stop. Like they're going to be following the rules? lmao

I really feel for the city of rochesters future. Back when I was taking the tests ,3500 took the RPD test . You had to score the top 90s if not 100 and have a squeaky clean background .

The last test 127 took the written , not passed took, the there’s the physical agility, Drs Physical, background , and psychological exam yet to,pass  . Perhaps they’ll end up with 50 for the next four years of hiring ,and  they are already short way more then 50 officers.

The ones working now are crushing OT so they’ll leave soon too as their pensions are being boosted by ot , they’re three years without a contract, If they don’t get a good one ,watch more leave , some say If they get a good one since it’s retroactive guys will also leave …

The criminals run the city now ,another two or three years it’s going to totally sink the city .

5 hours ago, Nomad said:

And the gun shop is packed …. Be interesting to see what’s left in a couple weeks .

One of the shops I was in Saturday had to start telling customers they couldn't make any more AR's NY complaint because they ran out of spurs, pins, and muzzle caps. The only way they will pin the mags is epoxying it into the receiver, and nobody wanted to do that. Like I said already, this is a nightmare.

The Supreme Court has yet to rule on the permit law in NYC. If they rule that having to have a permit for a Constitutional Right is unconstitutional then they will go bat shit crazy in the Govender’s office. It will depend on how narrow the courts focus will be. Most of these laws are going to end up going tough the courts.

16 hours ago, DirtTime said:

One of the shops I was in Saturday had to start telling customers they couldn't make any more AR's NY complaint because they ran out of spurs, pins, and muzzle caps. The only way they will pin the mags is epoxying it into the receiver, and nobody wanted to do that. Like I said already, this is a nightmare.

that's how mine is. How else do you make it compliant without removing all the features? I hate the pinned mag btw and it's honestly dangerous. I had a double feed at the range and I'm sitting there with a multi-tool thinking to myself how dangerous they just made this gun.