NY package of 10 ant-gun bills in the Legislature

I don't watch the news a lot as it's depressing. Did they ever share the details of the buffalo shooter? I know he was 18 but did he buy a NY safe AR or was it out of state? That seems like the kind of detail that's pretty important to the story, but you know... the media might leave out. 

15 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's how mine is. How else do you make it compliant without removing all the features? I hate the pinned mag btw and it's honestly dangerous. I had a double feed at the range and I'm sitting there with a multi-tool thinking to myself how dangerous they just made this gun.

There are a few locks out there that are fine under what's written on the SAFE act page. The lock from DD Ranch is OK, the one from Mean Arms is OK, and the SAFEMOD from Allstar Tactical is OK. If you know what you're doing, you could set a couple pins through the lower receiver and slightly recessed into the mag, I think a couple here mentioned doing that. In no place does it say the mag has to be glued in to be legal. I'd use a 10 round mag that allows the floor plate to be removed, so it can be cleared (and cleaned) if an issue arises. That's most likely the path I'll take on #2, and use the SAFEMOD lock.

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

There are a few locks out there that are fine under what's written on the SAFE act page. The lock from DD Ranch is OK, the one from Mean Arms is OK, and the SAFEMOD from Allstar Tactical is OK. If you know what you're doing, you could set a couple pins through the lower receiver and slightly recessed into the mag, I think a couple here mentioned doing that. In no place does it say the mag has to be glued in to be legal. I'd use a 10 round mag that allows the floor plate to be removed, so it can be cleared (and cleaned) if an issue arises. That's most likely the path I'll take on #2, and use the SAFEMOD lock.

thanks just got off the phone with allstar this morning. they don't have what I want in stock, so on gunbroker now lol.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

and that's that. Thanks Kathy, you just added another AR to the state because of your BS.

Oh, she's probably added a couple thousand. As I've said, in the three shops I was at between Friday and Sunday, there were at least 20 people buying. Just in those three places, and just while I was there. The same guy owns all three places, so I'm sure he's not happy with the laws, but enjoying those bank deposits.

A lot of people bought modern sporting rifles while the full on panic was on, and now this nonsense. Many guys and gals just aren't open about publicly telling the world they bought them there scary black guns.

I still have to call the indoor range we go to and see how that's going to end up working out. We don't rent any firearms, but how they plan to sort out the useage and license issue just to use the place.

I hope all the people who own AR's and are buying them now realize the state doesn't plan on letting you keep them.  Time is on their side and they are not going to stop trying to outlaw them.....ever.

I assume they have complied with all the directives the government has asked them to and are therefore subject to the governments demands.  They have been playing by the government's rules and cannot avoid their plans.  At this point the only choice most AR owners, or any other "black rifle" owners have, is comply with tyranny or move out of NY.  And if the Fed bans them all, they won't have a choice because the government knows they have them.

You’ll have three choices: Comply and hand over the arsenal. Not hand anything over and probably go to prison on felony charges. Fight it out.

From what you post around here, yes, you have alluded here that you'd go to war with the government before you'd comply. Or were you just typing and not actually going to stand up against tyranny?

They won't be coming to my house for anything.  And they won't be asking me to hand over anything.  I have a hunting license so they may ask what I hunt with but won't take my ML or bow.  I plan to stand up to tyranny in a smart way.  Fools get killed.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

They won't be coming to my house for anything.  And they won't be asking me to hand over anything.  I have a hunting license so they may ask what I hunt with but won't take my ML or bow.  I plan to stand up to tyranny in a smart way.  Fools get killed.

You plan to stand up to tyranny with a muzzle-loader and a bow? Or you hid all the other firearms, so they can't find them? That last one isn't standing up for anything.

4 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

You plan to stand up to tyranny with a muzzle-loader and a bow? Or you hid all the other firearms, so they can't find them? That last one isn't standing up for anything.

I think that’s what he was insinuating, he’ll hide all of his stuff while the fools fight and die. That way he can continue standing up to tyranny by anonymously posting on online forums, you know, the way smart people fight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Grouse said:

That's your opinion.  Better to die standing up fighting, than live on your knees.

Maybe the best thing is to live sitting in front of a computer and enraging others so they’ll fight on your behalf… :)

You make for solid entertainment Grouse :)

You guys really have no clue.  If you had foresight, you would've seen all of this coming and avoided all of the pitfalls already.  Laugh while you can, but I won't be one of the people loaded onto box cars.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Splitear said:

I think that’s what he was insinuating, he’ll hide all of his stuff while the fools fight and die. That way he can continue standing up to tyranny by anonymously posting on online forums, you know, the way smart people fight. 

Hmm... I might be a fool, but at least I'll stand by my convictions.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

You guys really have no clue.  If you had foresight, you would've seen all of this coming and avoided all of the pitfalls already.  Laugh while you can, but I won't be one of the people loaded onto box cars.

Oh, I have a clue, and you're right, you won't be one of those hauled off, because you just showed your hand. You will hide things, so you won't have to stand up for anything, which to me is kneeling before the oppressors, just in a different way. I'm not laughing either, not one bit. I don't find anything amusing about anything you post, and now I certainly wouldn't find your hypocrisy funny.

• Like 3