NY package of 10 ant-gun bills in the Legislature

Seems to me I'm one of the few on here who will take a stand and fight.  And I've been paying attention to the government's moves for decades.  I've also been warning other's for decades and tolerating a lot of foolish responses to warnings.  The only hypocrisy here comes from all the people who lived with their heads in the sand for a long time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Oh, she's probably added a couple thousand. As I've said, in the three shops I was at between Friday and Sunday, there were at least 20 people buying. Just in those three places, and just while I was there. The same guy owns all three places, so I'm sure he's not happy with the laws, but enjoying those bank deposits.

A lot of people bought modern sporting rifles while the full on panic was on, and now this nonsense. Many guys and gals just aren't open about publicly telling the world they bought them there scary black guns.

I still have to call the indoor range we go to and see how that's going to end up working out. We don't rent any firearms, but how they plan to sort out the useage and license issue just to use the place.

I bet it's a lot more than a few thousand. It's relatively easy to find one online and have it shipped to an FFL that will make it compliant. And from what I saw searching, there is no shortage or price gouging. 

15 hours ago, DirtTime said:

You’ll have three choices: Comply and hand over the arsenal. Not hand anything over and probably go to prison on felony charges. Fight it out.

From what you post around here, yes, you have alluded here that you'd go to war with the government before you'd comply. Or were you just typing and not actually going to stand up against tyranny?

I am not foolish enough to think gun confiscation is impossible, but this isn't Australia. Guns, like it or not are a part of our history and who many american's are. I can't remember some of the recent statistics but it's crazy and like the majority of americans own at least one gun or something.

Anyhow, what I think is far more likely than some officer knocking on your door and wanting your guns, is what is happening now. Making it so, so hard and expensive to get one or possibly the insurance route that makes it hard to keep owning one that is more likely. So papist doesn't get to go down waco style, but he may have to pay out of his ass for insurance or risk someone finding he has one without insurance and getting arrested. 

The slippery slope is something many worry about with gun control. I think most gun owners are ok with better back ground checks, closing loop holes, training or age restrictions. But what happens is what happened to us in NY. They keep coming back for more and more and it's hard to tell us that we're crazy conspiracy theorists and paranoid when a guy like me who is 38 has seen it in his short life. 

14 hours ago, Grouse said:

That's your opinion.  Better to die standing up fighting, than live on your knees.

tell us you're alone in this world without telling us you're alone

13 hours ago, Grouse said:

You guys really have no clue.  If you had foresight, you would've seen all of this coming and avoided all of the pitfalls already.  Laugh while you can, but I won't be one of the people loaded onto box cars.

not everyone is an old man and had time to squirrel away Nam era AK's.

The prices are going up, and will go up more. It's not just the shops, though, the manufacturers see the opportunity too. Look at the Ruger and M&P's, 5 years ago they were both in the $500-600 range, not $900-1200. Ruger jacked the price up 3 times in a year for 2021.

Ammo will probably go up too. I already noticed some online retailers jacking up prices. I wanted some Hornady Black 75grain. $30+ to order, brick and mortar shop had one box left at $22, so I snatched it up. The Nosler I bought a couple of weeks back for $25 are now $30.

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Seems to me I'm one of the few on here who will take a stand and fight.  And I've been paying attention to the government's moves for decades.  I've also been warning other's for decades and tolerating a lot of foolish responses to warnings.  The only hypocrisy here comes from all the people who lived with their heads in the sand for a long time.

we know. we remember when you missed the huge stock market boom and all that money because you stocking up on canned goods. we remember during a global pandemic and now during inflation when it wasn't needed. 

2 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

The prices are going up, and will go up more. It's not just the shops, though, the manufacturers see the opportunity too. Look at the Ruger and M&P's, 5 years ago they were both in the $500-600 range, not $900-1200. Ruger jacked the price up 3 times in a year for 2021.

Ammo will probably go up too. I already noticed some online retailers jacking up prices. I wanted some Hornady Black 75grain. $30+ to order, brick and mortar shop had one box left at $22, so I snatched it up. The Nosler I bought a couple of weeks back for $25 are now $30.

I bought my M&P pre-covid/riots for under msrp and just bought my ruger mpr for under msrp. I know everything is being hit by inflation and guns and ammo aren't immune. But it's nothing like I saw when Obama was elected and sold more guns then any president in history.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Belo said:

Picked up my new hardware today. Can’t say enough about the guys at allstar tactical. Great system to make your AR compliant.

Shitty thing is that I went out on the boat right after and lost the freaking thing on a hard wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you still have the boat. I lost the boat too. I was even selling off parts I had in a couple boxes that I don't need now.

Was an interesting article i read the other day that points to something we're seeing all over the place and that is federal vs state. Actual statistics are showing that pro-gun states are actually loosing some regulations (many states removing the cc permit) and anti-gun states like NY that are doubling down. One thing we do have at our advantage is the supreme court and also likely change in leadership come November if the economy keeps going the way it is.

My concern is the extremes of either side are getting more extreme. There was a time not that long ago that there was sensible legislation and now it's one side that wants confiscations of all guns and the other wants to be able to buy a full-auto at the gas station.

I owned a lot of firearms prior to my boating accident. I've donated quite a bit of money to gun rights groups, but I've always supported sensible legislation like background checks, closing the gunshow loophole and red flag laws. The slope is slippery and NY just proved that with more shit being added on to the already very extreme safe act. No gun owner will give an inch until they can be assured that they wont keep coming and they always keep coming, so we always wont give and nothing happens. sigh...