blood trail

NYHUNTER92

just got back from tracking hes still bleeding only went 40 yards from where i found the first blood but jumped him he ran 100 yards and still bleeding so i backed out, when he beds there's decent blood and when he runs hes still bleeding, when i shot i was alot higher than him and he was quartering so does it make sense if maybe i only hit one lung or is there a possibility of a flesh wound?

Looks to me more like a high hit one side/one lung and out the brisket. My cousin hit one like that a lot of years ago and we tracked it on hands and knees in the dark with a flashlight we had to keep hitting to make work. In the end we (me first) crawled within feet of it as it was bedded and laying there looking at me. It looked real angry and I felt real NERVOUS. We quietly crawled back out on the same trail with me just waiting to feel that little six point rack in my backside. Went back the next day and it had moved a few yards and was still alive. It jumped up and I put it down for keeps. We didn't have near the blood you have though and judging from your past picture, I bet if you go back again he will be pretty close and dead in his bed. Good luck. Keep us posted. I'm headed for my stand now.