looking for 12 gauge

Dan92

im looking for a 12 gauge shotgun. rifled or smooth dont matter. must be able to shoot slugs though. im looking to spend like 150 bucks as i have so many other things to save up for for next season, so if you have an extra gun you never take out and it just collects dust and you want to get rid of it let me know.

Edited by danc0320

50 bucks???? jeez. u may win the powerball before you find a 50 dollar shotgun. If you do, i wouldnt try hunting with it.

lol meant 150.. should have checked the post before i posted it... even though 150 isnt to much either.. its not something thats on the top of my list it would be nice to have though

Check out RT Gun and Smoke in Mount Vernon. I haven't been there in a very long time but I remember they had a lot of used police surplus Mossberg 500s. The guy who runs the shop is an ex cop so he gets the connections or something. They were selling for real cheap but I don't remember the actual cost. It was like 2 years ago.

thats what i want is a mossberg 500.. the gun shop in town has a tacticool one that ive been looking at

One of great things about the mossberg 500 is that there is a huge parts after market. When I bought mine, it was the basic wood stock model.

I've since, removed the forend and replaced it with a black rubberized hogue grip. removed the buttstock and installed a Blackhawk tactical recoil reduction buttstock with a pistol grip. installed a weaver mount on top and put a red dot on it. Little by little, I added these pieces. I don't know what your budget might be but if your budget is tight, one option might to be buy a used mossberg on the cheap and then upgrade it over time.

One of great things about the mossberg 500 is that there is a huge parts after market. When I bought mine, it was the basic wood stock model.

I've since, removed the forend and replaced it with a black rubberized hogue grip. removed the buttstock and installed a Blackhawk tactical recoil reduction buttstock with a pistol grip. installed a weaver mount on top and put a red dot on it. Little by little, I added these pieces. I don't know what your budget might be but if your budget is tight, one option might to be buy a used mossberg on the cheap and then upgrade it over time.

the one i want comes with a tactical stock, has a strap on the forestock, tactical shell holder on stock and has the rail mount all included.. i think its a 22inch barrel... i have been to 2 different gun stores and they both have this gun for roughly the same price give or take 10 bucks but gander also has a mossberg 535 that i like set up the exact same except a 20 inch barrel and no rail mount and the price on that is the same once again give or take 10 bucks

here is the 535 on gander http://www.gandermou...2B&merchID=4006

Edited by danc0320

I know it's your choice but have to ask what/why would you want a tactical stock?I'm not saying it's not a nice firearm just this is going to be for deer hunting not to play with.Guess i'm just old school and dont understand the modern age.

It's like a car. It's primary purpose is to get your from point a to point b but you still take a little bit of pride in it and want it to look good. Just because you hot rod it up doesn't you're not going to use it to drive around.

Here's mine after modifications. Wooden stock is what it originally looked like.

post-789-0-80010100-1354471526_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-29375400-1354471696_thumb.png

Edited by Elmo

• 3 months later...

I got my remington 870 (pump 12 gauge, 28in/smooth barrell) for $300, luckily I got in on the Remington rebate during the season and it came out to $269 after the rebate. Worth every penny so far and from fellow hunters and friends who also hunt and shoot they say it's probably one of the best firearms to start with as well as the Mossberg 500. I've put it through plenty of skeet and trap shooting. Unforuntately missed late season shotgun this year for deer.

Only downfall to it, is there is nowhere to put a sling. I inquired about it at 2 local gun shops- one wanted to replace the stocks and swivels, 2nd shop wanted to drill holes into the stock and I cringed hearing that. So I got a sling that goes over the stock and held in place with velcro. Worth the $40 investment from Dick's sporting goods.