The $800 power climbing treestand

WNYBuckHunter

OK..........a couple observations. First.......cool! Second.......what if like every other mechanical thing on earth it should stop working for some reason, and you are up in the tree? You're there! LOL!

The other thing, I was cringing the whole time the guy was bouncing, jumping, leaning on the rail backwards, as I was looking for his safety strap. I never did see one on him, but towards the end he did say they recommend you wear one. Did anyone see a safety strap on the guy demonstrating the stand?

• Like 1

Looks like you need a very smooth tree an if you cut limbs they have to be real close to trunk

Yeah, I was looking at just how perfect that demo tree was. Kind of reminded me of a telephone pole .... lol. I'm not saying that it doesn't work on some gnarly old twisted, lumpy tree like 95% of the trees that I have seen in the woods. But the video would have been a lot more credible if they had used a more common tree with a few imperfections in it.

Also, even if I wasn't afflicted with a fear of heights, I still would be very skeptical of taking that first ride up the tree.

However, I was impressed with the creativity and ingenuity of that gadget. Like I've always said, there is absolutely no limit as to what level of technology that can be applied to hunting. Anybody who thinks there is simply has not been paying attention to what's been going on with hunting over the recent decades.

Hey Muthers you might be on to something. With all the talk about "discretion" when it comes to the application of game laws, if this thing has wheels, will it be considered the use of a wheeled vehicle? Granted it does not wheel you around horizontally from place to place but it does transport you vertically. lol Just a thought.

Does not look like you can have a harness safety strap connected while going up and down the tree. You could connect one once you've reached your desired height.

You're probably right..., but you just know some safety minded hunter is gonna strap in thinking he's doing good, and end up running himself over in one of those things,lol.

I bet the company folds after the first lawsuit.

I am dying to see how it actually climbs the tree.

And i bet there is a disclaimer that you can't climb a wet tree.And forget it if it is below 32* and there is ice.

All and all i believe if you were disabled this would help you to get out during archery when they allow the disabled to hunt with a crossbow.You just have to find a tree that it works good in and leave it there.Make sure there is a clean trail to any other trees you wan't to set up in also.Maybe someday they will make one that you can ride to the tree.Drive right up to it and strap to it then climb it and hunt.For disabled people that is.

I guess im the only one shaking my head in disbelieve as to what this world is becoming.

Nope you dont stand alone on that statement. Just another lazy way to do things, and yet the country complains about obesity. Sad if you ask me. The only thing that this is nice for in my opinion is for helping the handicap get in the woods and hunt out of a tree, but yet I cant see how they could even use this. Nice promotion of safety as well. NOT. I will keep my 800 hard earned dollars thank you.