Gun Safety

LET EM GROW

Just wanted to remind everyone and hope and pray your safe in all your endeavors, especially with your firearms. I have a good friend and coworker who worked 45 years as a tool maker, and just retired 4 weeks ago. Succumbed the other day to an accidental  gun shot. He was a Sportsman, a firearm guru well aware of all things evil, A Die hard of Christian Faith and went out of his way to help anyone in need, whether they were right or wrong. A simple mistake or the decision to skip a step in terms of safety.. its not worth it.  Treat every gun as if it is loaded, Is the saying.   I know there's reasons and excuses for everything, he should have, he shouldn't have. They're not needed here.. Most Accidents can be prevented.

I Just want to make sure you all stay safe.. He had children and grandchildren he was building "Castles" for and making big plans for.. as most all of us do.. I dont have the answers.. and I guess I don't really need them.. 

This is a community of well rounded folks like he, and myself.. and we all play with the same fun and express our amendments.. 

Stay Safe.. Dont jeopardize your safety..    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Prayers sent and thanks for the reminder.  It sucks when you loose a friend suddenly like that, even though he is certainly in a better place now.   

Firearms are dangerous, but a lot more hunters are killed and injured in tree stand falls every year.  I lost a neighbor to that last season.  It pains me a bit to drive by his boat almost every day, on the way home from work.  He never even got to winterize it last year.  

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, Waterfowler said:

Sorry to hear. Can you share how it happened so others don’t make the same mistake? 

I don't have the exacts of what happened, and I didn't want to ask and pry as the loss is still hard on the heart. With time I'm hoping it comes out. I know how hard it is discussing situations like this, as i lost my Dad suddenly and unexpectedly.  I believe he was handling a handgun his father handed down, that was a bit on the wild side (extremely light trigger) I vaguely heard about this gun and it laid beside him on the floor when he was found. And all his other handguns laid out like he were cleaning them. Or possibly the gun was dropped and went off? Im not sure exactly. I dont suspect any intended gun play at all with him. He had an extreme desire to live and be free.   

• Like 1