Mountain Lion in NY

AaronBlaine

Not a fisher or a lion of any kind but my tenant 9 yrs ago called to say there was a kangaroo on the backyard fence.

All i could say was take a picture and how much have you been drinking. Think she claimed to see something else a few yrs ago but i think then she was on meds lol

hey a few years ago a game farm that had exotic animals was broken into and some PETA enthusiast tree huggers let all the animals loose and for weeks there were reports of a kangaroo being seen along the nys thruway near canastota.... then my dad came home from work one day and said "hey guess what i saw on my way home from work?" yea... a damn kangaroo.

My father spotted one while hunting on Fort Drum no less than 10 years ago. I trust his judgement he said it was within 50 yards of him.

My Dad saw one in the road in the town of Woodhull about 30 years ago..

I trust his judgement as you trust your father's.

I also think he was mistaken.

A good friend of mine who is a retired State Trooper showed me a picture of a black one with a radio collar on it... I looked at it and nodded...It was SO obviuously a big housecat wearing a red collar..Somebody's pet.

Sometimes very honest folk's judgement is not accurate...

Shucks...If my judgement was always accurate, I'd still be happily married...<< grin>>...

• Like 2

There was a story about a "mountain lion" complete with a picture down in Belmont or Belfast a few years back. After people contacted the newspaper, they went to where the photo was taken and did some measuring of other objects in the pic. It was a house cat. The people swore up and down it was a giant mountain lion. People misidentify animals all the time.

omg this was so much fun! I have not laughed that hard in a long time! Well these are all very good points and i would love to see a picture! I never saw any mountain lions on the trip however the big ass buck i took a shot at and missed stood up on two legs and gave me the finger as he walked off smirking in my face...god damn deer