A commerative award...

G-Man

Well  the possiblity exists  that the 500th deer will be taken off my property this year. So i decided to comission a commerative hunting  knife for the occasion.  

It will be damascus with a rosewood burl handel modeled  after (imo) the  best hunting knife ive found  but is  no longer made..  a schrade ph2.  Will be a few months before its made as he has a bunch of orders ahead..  ph2 examples if you have never had the blessing of  seeing/ holding one or using one1488243713_51_1215_1.jpg.b33aee229aca325280724389eff4cd6e.jpg1488243713_51_1215_2.jpg.fe8f39bbfde1cb3aa7937b6b48b8f2ad.jpg

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 16

Man, 500 deer off your property. That is something to be proud of. It takes a long time for a number like that to come up. I imagine a ton of work and pride has gone into the property to keep the deer coming back every year. I can't wait to see a picture of the completed knife.

Wow 500! What a great idea to give such a gift. I look forward to see pictures of the knife when finished.

The knife you posted looks nice 

Since you know the number of deer taken do you also know the number of hunters and if they have taken a doe or buck?

Edited by Paula

1 hour ago, Paula said:

Wow 500! What a great idea to give such a gift. I look forward to see pictures of the knife when finished.

The knife you posted looks nice 

Since you know the number of deer taken do you also know the number of hunters and if they have taken a doe or buck?

Did a cutco hunting knife for 300 and a crossbow for 400.    

Yes we keep  a log   hunters, deer taken per year and usually stand..  best stand has had 58 deer taken from it before it was retired due to being unsafe. 

• Like 1

This year will be 29..  amd we need to take 23 deer its possible as nephews and friends kids have all started hubting adding 5 to 7 more hunters..  we average about 18  deer a year with 10 regular hunters and a few guests for a day or two. . Our best year was 2000 with 22 deer taken by 10 hunters ove all seasons.

• Like 4