Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

15 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Yes but not if driving. If driving I nock at the vehicle. If TF did too, he’d have a yote at the taxidermist right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

. Had time to nock one. Bastids just froze too. Closest I’ve ever been to killing one. Couldn’t see pins 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Yes but not if driving. If driving I nock at the vehicle. If TF did too, he’d have a yote at the taxidermist right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

. Had time to nock one. Bastids just froze too. Closest I’ve ever been to killing one. Couldn’t see pins 

Heading back out here shortly. Have a decent walk in and I need to take my time setting up my stand since I’m just outside the bedroom in the first cluster of white oaks. 

plus if the deer around me repeat from yesterday they will be on their feet early today. 

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, heavuser said:

Story to follow up.1142722826_20221001_0925192.thumb.jpg.bcd2ea021f679b402a799b6a132d2957.jpg

Wow, that is one the best looking bucks that I ever saw posted on this forum. Awesome colored rack, super clean cape and not dinged up at all.  That’s one of the best things about getting them early .   Good, solid 2.5 year old at least and definitely worthy of the “red wall” treatment.  Make sure to cape it out, starting from well behind the shoulder, if you decide to get a mount.  Not to often that a taxidermist gets as nice of a cape to work with as that one has.    

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 3