Lost Buck

DeerLogic

We had a heart breaker happen on Monday evening. My brother knocked down a monster buck we have been following all year!!!! We searched for about 3 hours that night, and another 3 Tuesday morning with nothing. I wish this was not part of hunting, but it is. We have all lost deer, and it seems like it will haunt us forever. I was hunting a buck for 5 years, and at the end of the season with 2 weeks left, he was hit by a car. :angry: The buck scored 174, and that rack was actually no where near his best. I was crushed!!!!!!!!! To this day I still remember the encounters, and sightings of that buck. Even though I didn't get him, he made me a better hunter. Anyone else have a buck that is still in their memory?

Well ppl are out and about...so perhaps someone is enjoying it....

one year after I lost my biggest... a neighbor gave me a sly..."talk to so and so lately...?" and a stupid grin....then later gave the indication that.... that's where my buck ended up...Oh well at least the yotes didn't get it..

i never get over loosing a buck 3 afternoons ago i shot my first buck with my handgun a real nice 8 ran into a big swamp i did not hear anything a bout rain but it rained all night no blood looked all morning i can only hope he makes it but it will be on my mind every time i go out

bought a bow case last year. couldnt fit my matthews in it with the quiver on so i'd take it off and set it inside. well i a broadhead must have nicked a string because the second to last day of bow i'm drawing on a nice 8. Not quite a mounter, but nice. And my string snaps as i wait one more second for him to take another step for a perfect shot. still haunts me.

My first year hunting I was 16 yrs old bow hunting on the ground under a pine trr I had some tinks hanging fron a branch 8 yards from me a huge 10pt came in sniffing the rag. A put an arrow a few inches to far back and was young and dum and started to chase right behind the deer trying to get him big mistake I looked for that deer every day for weeks

i was just up in spencer 7s over the weekend and on the last day i finally got a shot at a nice size buck at about 75 yards from a tree stand. I had a clear shot on his hind quarters as he was kinda hidden behind a tree so i waited for a clearer shot. Sure enough he walked out looked right at me through the scope and just as i was ready to pull the trigger the friggin wind blew shook the tree the stand and me with it and i shot high! Lucky friggin deer!

This 8pt was shot by my brother week before gun season with bow. He hit it right in the neck. Arrow went in 6-8 inches and cut him up pretty bad. The picture is the Monday after gun opener. He was shot late morning by a friend, deer was checking scrapes. When he shot it at bow we never found any blood just two spots with a little hair. we looked for 11 hours for this buck but nothing. When the deer was skinned there was no sign of the broadhead. A bit higher or lower and he gets the deer at bow season. I just couldn't believe it didn't leave a blood trail, by the size of the neck wound you would of thought some blood would of came out.

Tough animals we hunt!

post-156-0-40159300-1354788475_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-14160800-1354788959_thumb.jpg

Edited by First-light