Almost Crapped my Pants!

WNYBuckHunter

On the way home tonight, I exited the expressway (390) at the Avon exit and headed toward home. Just over the bridge I had 7 deer run right out in front of me. I have no clue how I missed them all, but the guy in the opposing lane was not so lucky. He was driving a brand new Tacoma and flat blasted 2 of them, launching his truck off the ground, and then a third smashed in the door of the truck when it ran smack into it. I turned around and blocked the road so I could get the deer off to the side. I found the guy a little ways down the road and made sure he was ok. I felt bad for him, he had just bought the truck and only had 1700 miles on it.

My Brothers friend hit 6 in one fatal swoop one time doin about 60mph in a Ford pickup. He called us and asked if we wanted some deer. The staties had just tagged all of them for him. We got there when the wrecker showed up and the truck looked like he had rolled it. Windows all smashed out, front end was destroyed, dead deer piled up all over the place. I declined on any of the deer, they were a little squishy.

Edited by erussell

Close call bro! Glad the only skid marks were on the road and not in your drawers!

....coulda been alot uglier than it was!

Right on with that . Lucky you didn't crash into one and get hurt . Glad the other guy is okay . It's a shame about the truck though .

Thank God you are ok. Could have been a heck of a lot worse for both of you. Had a scare like that myself few years back driving up the Taconic in the dark. Only two deer which I missed by a hair. Had to change my pants when I got to the house. Wont drive the Taconic in the dark anymore.

Thank God you are ok. Could have been a heck of a lot worse for both of you. Had a scare like that myself few years back driving up the Taconic in the dark. Only two deer which I missed by a hair. Had to change my pants when I got to the house. Wont drive the Taconic in the dark anymore.

Ive ripped up and down that road a few times, some serious fun right there.

• Like 2

2 years ago, opening day, driving up, 4 or 5 does ran out in front of me. I slam on the brakes, and the last one just caught the edge of the front bumper. Nothing happened, but she limped off, then bounced away. If I hit the gas, rather than the brake, I would have hit all 4.