leaving my bow overnight

DeerLogic

Thought about this the other night when I was getting down. I was going to leave my bow in the tree with my back pack and come back the following morning. Decided not to leave the bow, but left the backpack. It was completely frosted over when I got back the next morning. Wonder what that frost would have done to my bow? Especially, if I had to make a shot right at day break??

I'd never leave that much money hanging off the side of a tree. :fie:

..but if I did, I wouldn't forsee any major problems other than my Wisker Buiscuit bristles possably freezing up. Had that happen once after a rainy hunt when I kept my bow in the garage one night when temps dropped.

I dont see the point in leaving it in the stand to battle the elements?? A bow doesnt weigh very much so its not like you are lugging it out of the woods.

When you are using 300ft of rope to get out of where you are leaving eveything in the tree except your headlight does help with the climb in the dark!

• Like 1

Where is it going? You really think that somebody is looking around the woods, in the dark, for your bow that is hanging 16' in the air?

Please.............

I'd be more afraid of dropping the thing out of the stand when I went to lower it too the ground, THEN you could have problems.

I don't know Lawdwaz.... things can always pop up unexpectedly and maybe you don't make it back first thing in the morning.

Just in case, you better leave your car keys and wallet hanging next to it so whoever finds it can get it back to ya ASAP.

I don't know Lawdwaz.... things can always pop up unexpectedly and maybe you don't make it back first thing in the morning.

Just in case, you better leave your car keys and wallet hanging next to it so whoever finds it can get it back to ya ASAP.

Life is full of risk.

The truck is always open, keys in the ash tray. Wallet? I don't carry one, too afraid I'll loose it.

bow?hell no.And mine isn't worth more than 150 on a good day.Why?because you never know what could happen the next day.This year during bow i thought about leaving my climber at the bottom of the tree cause i was going to hunt it in the morning.I decided not to cause "you never know"Well i was at hospital for the next 3 days cause my son was hurt.Even on private land it would possibly be gone.

But...I do think leaving my bibs and outer jacket in a think trash bag in the woods is a good idea.So i don't have to truck them in and get sweaty.I never know for sure where i am going to hunt the next morning though.Could change my mind in a second on my way in the woods in the following morning.

Let me ask you guys this that leave there stuff in the woods overnight. What are you going to do if something unfortunate happens and you are not able to make it back out the next morning like intended? Crazy things happen in a split second. NO way NO how would I leave my bow behind.

• Like 1

Let me ask you guys this that leave there stuff in the woods overnight. What are you going to do if something unfortunate happens and you are not able to make it back out the next morning like intended? Crazy things happen in a split second. NO way NO how would I leave my bow behind.

In my case i could probably leave it there for a month and nobody would see it but like i said, That would be the only place i would leave one!

I'd never leave that much money hanging off the side of a tree. :fie:

..but if I did, I wouldn't forsee any major problems other than my Wisker Buiscuit bristles possably freezing up. Had that happen once after a rainy hunt when I kept my bow in the garage one night when temps dropped.

Two words for ya wooly, Scorpion Venom. They make a biscuit spray that will prevent that.

In my case i could probably leave it there for a month and nobody would see it but like i said, That would be the only place i would leave one!

I thought the same thing on one peice I own until this year when I had 2 stands stolen and a trail camera. I would be even more pissed if my bow and backpack was in one of those treestands. But hey its your stuff do as you please but dont think it cant happen to you either.

Two words for ya wooly, Scorpion Venom. They make a biscuit spray that will prevent that.

Thanks!

That only happened once my first year with that rest. I never imagined that happening so it caught me off gaurd and cost me a hunting arrow and a deer.

I pay closer attention now, but that sounds like just what I need.