Governor signed the crossbow bill.

bpb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only season to use the xbow is gun, correct? 

Can't be too many guys that will chose the xbow over the gun when having a choice.  Or are there?

Yeah, that is how I understand the law also.  So in reality the law does absolutely nothing.  It won't effect bowhunters during archery season at all, and I can't imagine any gun hunters swapping a gun for a crossbow.  This law has ZERO effect on anything. 

I can just hear all the gunhunters complaining about all the bowhunters who do not gun hunt using a crossbow during the gun season. LOL

What they should have done was made crossbows legal to kill ANY buck during the gun season in the AR zones.  That would get some folks complaining, that's for sure!  LOL

Lines are already starting to build in front of sporting goods stores where the gun hunters will now be purchasing crossbows so that they could kill off all the deer that the bowhunters think they are entitled to!  LOL

i'll never buy one - I already enough weapons with triggers

Can't be too many guys that will chose the xbow over the gun when having a choice.  Or are there?

Yeah, that is how I understand the law also.  So in reality the law does absolutely nothing.  It won't effect bowhunters during archery season at all, and I can't imagine any gun hunters swapping a gun for a crossbow.  This law has ZERO effect on anything.

This law does many things actually.

1 - Gets the proverbial foot in the door for x-bows. It wont be long before they are put where they belong, in archery season.

2 - Opens up the opportunity for more people to hunt bow only zones during gun seasons.

3 - Give another option for late ML/bow season (now ML/X-Bow/Bow) for those that dont ML hunt and have a tough time drawing a bow in such cold weather.

I love how the anti-crossbow crowd is trying to completely minimize this.  ::)

Lines are already starting to build in front of sporting goods stores where the gun hunters will now be purchasing crossbows so that they could kill off all the deer that the bowhunters think they are entitled to!  LOL

Like a compound bow shot with a release?  :)

You'd be surprised how many folks will buy one just to kill something with one.  :)

I am not looking at purchasing one as I've flintlock project getting ready to take off as soon as I can contact a guy to do some of the initial fitting for me.

1 - Gets the proverbial foot in the door for x-bows. It wont be long before they are put where they belong, in archery season.

2 - Opens up the opportunity for more people to hunt bow only zones during gun seasons.

3 - Give another option for late ML/bow season (now ML/X-Bow/Bow) for those that dont ML hunt and have a tough time drawing a bow in such cold weather.

For your information, I am NOT anti-crossbow.  I think they should allow crossbows during bow season.  Having them legal only during gun season is quite ridiculous and does absolutely nothing.  I can guarantee you that there will be mighty few who hunt with them during the regular season.  And there will be awful few who will now become hunters for the first time just because crossbows are legal during gun season.  Isn't bowhunting already allowed in many archery only zones during gun season?  Where does it say that crossbows will now be allowed in these areas?  If they are not allowed during bow season anywhere, we can't assume that they will now be legal in archery only zones.

Like a compound bow shot with a release?  ;)

i don't use a release :)

I have a Crossbow picked out for when they make them legal in regular bow season . It will be a PSE TAC15 crossbow that has a speed of 402 fps and shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with plenty of kinetic energy ! No more wasting time in the back yard working on 20 and 30 yard shots !

http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=55444&u=1142

Old TAC 15 Video - Tactical Assault Crossbow

For your information, I am NOT anti-crossbow.  I think they should allow crossbows during bow season.  Having them legal only during gun season is quite ridiculous and does absolutely nothing.  I can guarantee you that there will be mighty few who hunt with them during the regular season.  And there will be awful few who will now become hunters for the first time just because crossbows are legal during gun season.  Isn't bowhunting already allowed in many archery only zones during gun season?  Where does it say that crossbows will now be allowed in these areas?  If they are not allowed during bow season anywhere, we can't assume that they will now be legal in archery only zones.

I didnt mean you with the last statement. Sorry if it seemed that way. If I meant you, I would have called you an anti-xbower lol. I agree 100% that they should be legalized in archery season.

It will be legal in archery only zones, it was part of the wording of the bill.

I have a Crossbow picked out for when they make them legal in regular bow season . It will be a PSE TAC15 crossbow that has a speed of 402 fps and shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with plenty of kinetic energy ! No more wasting time in the back yard working on 20 and 30 yard shots !

If it fits into the guidelines for whats legal (read the bill, there are width and poundage guidelines), then good luck with it living up to their marketing hype.  ::)

Oh, and the huge price tag.

If it fits into the guidelines for whats legal (read the bill, there are width and poundage guidelines), then good luck with it living up to their marketing hype.  ::)

Hype ? Are you implying the the folks that market the crossbows are dishonest ? C'mon , give me a break !

Huge price tag ? It's less than a social Security check ........

They probably won't be allowed into bow season until at least 2012 and there should be some big improvements in the technology by then .

It might be a good way to take deer without making any noise in the gun season. I will keep hunting with my recurve or compound bow.

I feel that the crossbow should have only be allowed if you could no longer hunt with normal archery equiptment that the disability was also certified by a doctor. Then I would suggest it should be allowed in all seasons.

If it fits into the guidelines for whats legal (read the bill, there are width and poundage guidelines), then good luck with it living up to their marketing hype.  ::(

Hype ? Are you implying the the folks that market the crossbows are dishonest ? C'mon , give me a break !

Huge price tag ? It's less than a social Security check ........

They probably won't be allowed into bow season until at least 2012 and there should be some big improvements in the technology by then .

Yes, I am saying flat out that marketing people are full of BS. When is the last time you saw a bow live up to speed ratings and what not? The price tag on the TAC15 start adding up when you consider that it doesnt come with the AR15 lower, you need to provide that separately. There havent been that big of leaps in tech in the last 2 years, why would they start making leaps now?