Governor signed the crossbow bill.

bpb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WNY---you read it will be allowed in gun season in Archery only areas?

Yes, I read that on one of the sites that had the bill spelled out. It was one of the major reasons to get them in.

Was it the actual bill or a web site quoting the bill? I haven't seen that part yet but I didn't really look for that part. Weren't you guys claiming it was automatically passed even if the Gov. didn't sign it a few weeks ago? What happened to that ..lol

OK next on the agenda... hand grenades, who wants them to hunt with besides me?

NOT me Doe----and since you have to be trending to the more primitive side to be a real hunter I am selling all my stuff and lobbying to have spears added as legal implements ;)

How about rocks then? They are simular to grenades in that you have to throw them. Oh and while we are at this going primitive thing how about outlawing camo? nuttin but loin clothes and rocks...I'm in!  :P

WNY---you read it will be allowed in gun season in Archery only areas?

Yes, I read that on one of the sites that had the bill spelled out. It was one of the major reasons to get them in.

Was it the actual bill or a web site quoting the bill? I haven't seen that part yet but I didn't really look for that part. Weren't you guys claiming it was automatically passed even if the Gov. didn't sign it a few weeks ago? What happened to that ..lol

OK next on the agenda... hand grenades, who wants them to hunt with besides me?

It was a site that had the actual bill on it, all of the revisions actually. It would have been automatically passed if it sat on the Governor's desk for more than 10 days. Since it hadnt been formally submitted to his desk, it didnt automatically go through. If you actually opened and read the links that I and others posted that explained how the bills are passed, etc, youd get it.  ;)

"Youre a little late to the party lol That happened over a month ago and became law after 10 days. The governor didnt need to sign it."

Sound familar? It should you said it had passed  back on 8/29, just admit you were wrong hot shot.  :;)

I know what I said, and I believe my last statement clarified things. Given the information that was handed out by the media and the way that NYS bills are passed, it seemed like the bill passed without signature. The media were the ones reporting the bill to be on the Governors desk when it wasnt. Care to tone down the attitude? Theres no need for you to start calling names, etc again.

Man you are something... you were wrong, its ok, it happens to all of us. I expect more from you, didn't it seem a little far fetched that no one else was reporting it had passed back then?

As far as my attitude is concerned, this is just the tip of the ice berg and I have very good reason for it, but you are right its not fair to take out my anger on you guys, my appologies. 

Man you are something... you were wrong, its ok, it happens to all of us. I expect more from you, didn't it seem a little far fetched that no one else was reporting it had passed back then?

As far as my attitude is concerned, this is just the tip of the ice berg and I have very good reason for it, but you are right its not fair to take out my anger on you guys, my appologies.

I already said I was wrong, didnt think I needed to spell it out for you. Youre not exactly the dimmest bulb in the box lol.

I thought it was odd at the time, but if you took the info that was given by the media (bill on governor's desk) and added up how a bill passes (after 10 days on the governors desk without a signature), then it equals out to passage of the bill. Like I said, the media falsely reported the bill as being on the governors desk. Why are you trying to shoot the messenger here? LOL

Apology accepted. I figured you might be a bit stressed out or something, you arent one to start throwing names out there so quickly lol. I hope your day gets better for ya!  :D

No, I don't think they do.  They take hunting way too seriously.  It is supposed to be a fun activity and the size of antlers shouldn't matter.  When I go out hunting, I simply want a safe, enjoyable hunt and am happy if I see any sort of deer.  If it's a big one, it's just gravy.  The success of the hunt need not depend on antlers.

Doewhacker's name alone tells us that he likes the "does".  The AR guys I wouldn't be too sure about.  They seem to have an unnatural fondness for "bucks".  The better endowed they are, the more they like em.  LOL

And Steve863 has a fondness for young bucks.  LOL  You could get locked up for that.

Doewhacker's name alone tells us that he likes the "does".  The AR guys I wouldn't be too sure about.  They seem to have an unnatural fondness for "bucks".  The better endowed they are, the more they like em.  LOL

And Steve863 has a fondness for young bucks.  LOL  You could get locked up for that.

Oh, I almost missed this one.  If I remember correctly, you live in California?  Was it YOUR unnatural yearnings that took you there?  They are more obliging to such things out there I hear.