Marine from NYC

Whereareyoubuck

stupid question, no interest to do it but can you hunt in central park?

I highly doubt it, but the DEC regulation maps do show cottontail, squirrel, and pheasant as open in the 5 boroughs. All other species are shown as "Closed".

But then, what can you hunt with in NYC? Can't use any firearms, or crossbow, or air rifle... Maybe a slingshot? wait, I think they might be illegal too... Can't remember right now... Maybe your bow? But is there any laws against discharging your bow on your own property? I dont think there is, hummm. Well, what ever.

So go figure...

Edited by SteveNY

Falconry is extremely difficult to get into due to the federal regulations and having to find a falconry person to take you under their wings. You also need a lot of things to be compliant to federal regulations. I equate getting into falconry as hard as getting a handgun permit in NYC.

Falconry is extremely difficult to get into due to the federal regulations and having to find a falconry person to take you under their wings. You also need a lot of things to be compliant to federal regulations. I equate getting into falconry as hard as getting a handgun permit in NYC.

I have my NYC pistol license, falconry, here I come! lol

shawn, check your inbox too buddy

Are you a cop?

I think I'm just gonna stick with telekinetic hunting for central park

No, I just jumped through the hoops they make you jump through...

Took 4 months time, a bunch of cash, and having to take off three days of work. (If i remember correctly)

I have the whole process logged here @ http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/pistol-permits/31595-nyc-premise-permit-submitted-yesterday.html

That's for CCW?

No, just residence premises license, it is a restricted type of license.

Allows only for possession at your residence, and to and from an NYPD approved pistol range in NYC, unloaded, with a trigger lock, in a locked container. Ammunition carried separately. You may not leave the 5 boroughs with the pistol(s).

UNLESS you show a valid hunting license at the time you receive your pistol licence (and it also took some pleading as well, but that's a whole new thread). In that case you get a green piece of paper (literally), with your name, license number and address, that states:

POLICE DEPARTMENT - CITY OF N.Y.

HUNTING AUTHORIZATION

This amendment to the premise pistol license issued to the above licensee, provides for the transport of the firearm(s) indicated on the said license, within New York State while unloaded, and in a locked container. It shall further authorize the carry of a loaded firearm on the person, while AFIELD, actively engaged in such lawful hunting as is authorized pursuant to the New York State Fish and Wildlife Law.

and on the rear of this green paper:

W A R N I N G

This Authorization:

1. Is valid only when the holder is in possession of a Premise pistol license.

2. Is not a hunting license.

3. Is not valid without License Division seal impressed on front.