I never copy and paste anything on here but when I read this I had too (sorry)

Written by BP Oil Executive
Brice Cromwell.
This explains it all:
I’ve been in oil and gas for a decade and sometimes forget how the average person may not know what I see everyday.
We, the American people, have enough oil and gas under our feet to supply our demand and also export our products for years to come.
No matter your political opinion, we can all agree the gas prices we see now are upsetting.
What everyone needs to understand is that the high gas prices are not because of some conflict overseas - prices were high well before that. The prices are not high because our American supply simply vanished.
The prices are high because the people who run our country have decided to import oil from another country instead of using our very own American made product.
Why?
Using our own product creates lower prices, puts hard working American people to work with very good paying jobs and makes us as a country energy independent - Not dependent on another country to survive.
We all saw that not long ago.
Not only have the people in power decided to kill American jobs and create high prices, but they’ve also passed legislation to make it harder for an American oil and gas company to produce & transport our very own product.
Why?
Forget for one second who was President when our prices at the pump were low and our economy was booming and realize that that person was simply “For the people”. If you take away your dislike for DJT, you’ll admit that you miss those times and enjoyed them. Your 401K was higher, gas prices were lower and we were booming as a country.
Now after a year of our current admin, you’ll realize that these people are “not for the people”. They are for themselves and their foreign business deals.
The high gas prices should be enough for you to see that.
The supply is still here, the hard-working Americans to produce it are still here.
Having a booming economy is still possible.
So no matter what you’re told by the news, realize that if we had people in power who were for us Americans, it could be as good it was before.
Nothing has changed as far as oil and gas from 2016-2020 to the last year.
It didn’t just dry up.
It’s here, we are here to produce it.
We can go back to lower prices at the pump.
All we need is the people in power to want that.
Lastly, since we all got to witness someone running our country for four years who truly wanted the best “for the people” as we can clearly see the “then & now” comparison as we speak. Remember every media outlet and political person wanted you to hate him, wanted to impeach him and did everything they could do be against him.
They were against the man who wanted things to be good for US, the American people.
Those same people are not against the current leadership.
Makes you wonder who’s side they’re all on….
BP Oil Executive
Brice Cromwell
This is a good read and the truth for a change.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Dear America, The government shut down your job, destroyed the value of your dollar, made you wear a useless mask, stopped any alternative treatments of COVID, and told you to take the 'vaccine' or be fired. And you didn't get mad until gas prices got high. You're the problem." —Jesse Kelly

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, left field said:

Powerful. Especially as it comes from an oil executive.

I was curious about Mr. Cromwell so I looked him up a while ago. There's no one named Brice Cromwell at BP. 

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-BP-oil-executive-gas-277122158792

Cool story, though.

Yeah I looked it up also , apparently its BS but sounds good !   LOL

So when AP got in touch with BP and asked about "Brice Cromwell" and received this response:

“We can confirm we do not currently have an employee with that name and this text did not come from bp,” Megan Baldino, a spokesperson for BP, wrote in an email to the AP.

You think that Ms. Baldino sent the email and then a moment later thought, "hmmm, could they have been asking about Bruce Cromwell?" There is no Bruce Cromwell. 

The “Brice Cromwell” commentary can be traced back to March 2022 when it was circulated in anti-Biden Facebook groups, such as “Stop Joe Biden.” At the time, the post did not carry any specific attribution. Rather, it simply started with the words “PERFECTLY SAID” and then the claim that it was written by a person who had “been in oil and gas for a decade.” A few months later, in June 2022, the post was recirculated along with the claim that it was written a BP oil executive named Brice Cromwell.

Your dogged desire to remain below the Mendoza Line is unparalleled. 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Like I said, point by point leftists can't refute it, so they doggedly stick to trivia to discredit the facts.

No, like you said, it was a typo and there really is a Bruce. Except it wasn't and there isn't. It was bullshit. When you found out you actually bought John Voight's LeBaron, did you start talking about the fine leather seating instead of its provenance?

In baseball terms - for North - you're like the Fred Merkle of HNY. 

• Haha 1

No, like you said, it was a typo and there really is a Bruce. Except it wasn't and there isn't. It was bullshit. When you found out you actually bought John Voight's LeBaron, did you start talking about the fine leather seating instead of its provenance?
In baseball terms - for North - you're like the Fred Merkle of HNY. 

Going deep in the archives of baseball and Seinfeld lore!!! Hahha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird the things you remember. 

I can't say that I'm much of a baseball fan but can tell you what Tinkers to Evers to Chance means or what "the shot heard 'round the world" was. Just dig trivia, I guess.

I do love baseball movies, though. I cry at the end of Field of Dreams every time I see it; believe that Gary Cooper was Lou Gehrig; and love the colloquial wisdom of Bull Durham. Hell, I even watch The Bad News Bears just for Matthau. 

It probably comes down to seeing this as a little kid which put baseball in my brain and a started me on the path to a love of language and word play.

Edited by left field

It's weird the things you remember. 
I can't say that I'm much of a baseball fan but can tell you what Tinkers to Evers to Chance means or what "the shot heard 'round the world" was. Just dig trivia, I guess.
I do love baseball movies, though. I cry at the end of Field of Dreams every time I see it; believe that Gary Cooper was Lou Gehrig; and love the colloquial wisdom of Bull Durham. Hell, I even watch The Bad News Bears just for Matthau. 
It probably comes down to seeing this as a little kid which put baseball in my brain and a started me on the path to a love of language and word play.

One of my favorite baseball coaching memories is when we had my boys travel team over for an 11u post-season BBQ and had them watch the Bad News Bears.
They loved how inappropriate it was (some moms were not so pleased!) and if we were ever in the championship game after the viewing, they all asked if we could spray them with beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Notwithstanding the question of authenticity surrounding the whole Brice Cromwell letter, pretty sure this one is real:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/chevron-ceo-says-biden-should-stop-criticizing-big-oil-calls-for-change-in-approach/ar-AAYIcuq?ocid=uxbndlbing

A quote from the letter by Mr. Wirth:

"Your administration has largely sought to criticize, and at times vilify, our industry," Wirth said in a letter to Biden. "These actions are not beneficial to meeting the challenges we face."

This about says it all, I think in regards to the business climate for Oil/Gas  the Biden administration's created :)

You neglected to include this response:

A couple of hours later, Biden told reporters in Washington the executive was being too sensitive.

"I didn't know they'd get their feelings hurt that easily," the president said, when asked about Wirth's letter.

A powerful CEO getting his feelings hurt because of mean words. Seems a little snowflake, doesn't it?

• Like 1