Come on now, Lefty- youre deflecting!! Trump again??  Enough with Trump!! Whos the President now??

What Exxon CEO called Trump an effiing moron ?And  How does that relate to the current convo about the Chevron CEO calling out Biden for implementing incredibly hostile anti oiland gas policies that are driving millions of American households to financial ruin? 

You asked if the oil exec was being too sensitive. I said yes and provided an pertinent example of a ballsier oil exec responding to a president who traded on being an asshole. 

Can we go back to baseball trivia?

Did you know that MLB rubs new balls with Lena Blackburne Baseball Rubbing Mud - a special mud from a secret spot in NJ - to break them in?

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Did he ask the states to lower their taxes? Maybe he did, I think Hochul did for a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, the Queens halt on taxes did wonders. A whopping $.16PG savings here, that by the end of that day most places had jacked up the price $.40 completely voiding the break.

If anyone thinks some places aren't gouging, then how can the price change three times in one day? I also stopped buying into they change the prices when they get a new delivery for that very reason, I don't think any gas stating is getting a delivery every day, much less twice or more.

As for this whole, Biden and the left aren't to blame? Have a look around, man! Don't swallow the green pill.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Yeah, the Queens halt on taxes did wonders. A whopping $.16PG savings here, that by the end of that day most places had jacked up the price $.40 completely voiding the break.

If anyone thinks some places aren't gouging, then how can the price change three times in one day? I also stopped buying into they change the prices when they get a new delivery for that very reason, I don't think any gas stating is getting a delivery every day, much less twice or more.

As for this whole, Biden and the left aren't to blame? Have a look around, man! Don't swallow the green pill.

I'm not saying that places aren't gouging. That is possible but it is hard to gouge if the person on the opposite corner is cheaper. As far as raising prices more than once a day. We watch the market. If the price goes up, we go up to cover the next delivery but usually only if it goes up by 10 cents which is generally the margin. Other wise we eat it....So if the price goes up 20 cents you change twice, 30 cents which it has done multiply times in the past year you change it 3 times....At least that is what i do and i know others do as well....It doesn't fully cover the next delivery of course but it helps a little....

• Like 2

Some stations charge a lot more than others because they want to focus on servicing cars, not selling gas.  They will sell gas if it's worth what they make doing it.  That's not gouging.  They don't force you to come in to fill up with it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I'm not saying that places aren't gouging. That is possible but it is hard to gouge if the person on the opposite corner is cheaper. As far as raising prices more than once a day. We watch the market. If the price goes up, we go up to cover the next delivery but usually only if it goes up by 10 cents which is generally the margin. Other wise we eat it....So if the price goes up 20 cents you change twice, 30 cents which it has done multiply times in the past year you change it 3 times....At least that is what i do and i know others do as well....It doesn't fully cover the next delivery of course but it helps a little....

That wasn't directed at you, or how things were done at your shop. But one would have to be blind to not see a lot of places who sell gas are gouging. Like I said, the tax and other breaks here equalled 16 cents, and everyplace jacked up the price at least 40 cents, voiding out the breaks. I stopped to get gas in the morning at one place and the price was $4.69. On the way home a couple of hours later, it was $4.79. Later that evening when we had to go get something, I forgot and passed it again, the place was $4.99. That's a 30 cent rise in less than 24 hours (less than 8 actually). There's nothing anyone is going to do to change my mind that they aren't taking advantage of the situation, just like a lot of other places.

It's like the butcher trying to tell me the cost of wings went up, but not the chicken. How does that work? You get the chicken and cut it up to sell, so how in the hell did the wings cost more than the whole chicken?

Edited by DirtTime
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

That wasn't directed at you, or how things were done at your shop. But one would have to be blind to not see a lot of places who sell gas are gouging. Like I said, the tax and other breaks here equalled 16 cents, and everyplace jacked up the price at least 40 cents, voiding out the breaks. I stopped to get gas in the morning at one place and the price was $4.69. On the way home a couple of hours later, it was $4.79. Later that evening when we had to go get something, I forgot and passed it again, the place was $4.99. That's a 30 cent rise in less than 24 hours (less than 8 actually). There's nothing anyone is going to do to change my mind that they aren't taking advantage of the situation, just like a lot of other places.

It's like the butcher trying to tell me the cost of wings went up, but not the chicken. How does that work? You get the chicken and cut it up to sell, so how in the hell did the wings cost more than the whole chicken?

I didn't take it as being directed at me. I was just trying to explain why a gas station may go up more than one time a day. It is something that never used to happen. Although when the market was normal and stable fuel moving a few cents a week was normal. Fuel going up 40 cents in 1 day has happened a couple times in the last year. I have never seen fuel increase 40 cents in 1 day in 20+ years prior....Its all uncharted territory....

I can't answer for what happens in Queens but around here if a person was gouging nobody would go there. For gouging to actually work around here you would have to get 10 or 15+ other gas stations to do the same thing with you to make an area a high price and that would never happen. I pass 5 gas stations on my 8 mile ride to and from the one i run. 3 Stewarts, a Cumbys and a Xtra Mart. No way could gouging happen, you would stand out like sore thumb...

I do remember the gas tax holiday on June 1st. The market was up more than that, that day so there was zero relief seen at the pump. I kept records for anyone that would question why we didn't go down but nobody questioned it....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

I didn't take it as being directed at me. I was just trying to explain why a gas station may go up more than one time a day. It is something that never used to happen. Although when the market was normal and stable fuel moving a few cents a week was normal. Fuel going up 40 cents in 1 day has happened a couple times in the last year. I have never seen fuel increase 40 cents in 1 day in 20+ years prior....Its all uncharted territory....

I can't answer for what happens in Queens but around here if a person was gouging nobody would go there. For gouging to actually work around here you would have to get 10 or 15+ other gas stations to do the same thing with you to make an area a high price and that would never happen. I pass 5 gas stations on my 8 mile ride to and from the one i run. 3 Stewarts, a Cumbys and a Xtra Mart. No way could gouging happen, you would stand out like sore thumb...

I do remember the gas tax holiday on June 1st. The market was up more than that, that day so there was zero relief seen at the pump. I kept records for anyone that would question why we didn't go down but nobody questioned it....

The fuel delivery driver that brings fuel to the company I work for told me fuel prices at the refinery he picks up at changes 4 times a day. And the price is set when entering the refinery. If it goes up or down the price is set at the gate not the new price figured every 6 hours. And the price at the pump is often changed multiple times a day to accommodate for the price increase at the refinery. Is this correct?

Wait so you don’t understand how the price of chicken wings per LB can be higher than the cost of a whole chicken per LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ApexerER said:

My mention of Queen was in reference to Hochul. As Andy was sarcastically addressed as King, so Hochul is now the Queen. I don't live downstate! Are you crazy! 150 miles from me to NYC and I feel it's too close, and when the wind is just right I can smell the donkey dung as it is.

I'm simply stating that some are taking advantage of the situation. Oil companies, some stores, and Biden himself included. We have reserves, yet we're buying oil from countries we were at war with, and other countries who are trying to reinforce a communist regime on a smaller country. If it was still America First, the gas prices may have gone up a bit, but I doubt they would be what we have right now.

I think it's time for me to find something more productive to read or post about, because the left can't see the damage being done by them, and no one sees or at least wants to admit that some are just flat out using these dark times to line their pockets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

My mention of Queen was in reference to Hochul. As Andy was sarcastically addressed as King, so Hochul is now the Queen. I don't live downstate! Are you crazy! 150 miles from me to NYC and I feel it's too close, and when the wind is just right I can smell the donkey dung as it is.

I'm simply stating that some are taking advantage of the situation. Oil companies, some stores, and Biden himself included. We have reserves, yet we're buying oil from countries we were at war with, and other countries who are trying to reinforce a communist regime on a smaller country. If it was still America First, the gas prices may have gone up a bit, but I doubt they would be what we have right now.

I think it's time for me to find something more productive to read or post about, because the left can't see the damage being done by them, and no one sees or at least wants to admit that some are just flat out using these dark times to line their pockets.

If the Democratic Party would have help the American first administration we would have had a lot more in the reserves. A missed opportunity do to political nonsense. The Democratic Party and climate change activist called it a bail out for big oil not the wise investment opportunity it really was. 
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-25/trump-s-thwarted-oil-buy-would-ve-given-biden-6-billion-bonanza

• Like 2

I notice that on the news they have reporters at gas stations interviewing people about the cost of gas.  All those interviewed complain the cost is too high.  It would be nice if the reporters also asked:  “What did you think about the cost of gasoline when former President Trump was in office?”  Then ask “Who did you vote for to be president, Biden or Trump?”

23 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

I notice that on the news they have reporters at gas stations interviewing people about the cost of gas.  All those interviewed complain the cost is too high.  It would be nice if the reporters also asked:  “What did you think about the cost of gasoline when former President Trump was in office?”  Then ask “Who did you vote for to be president, Biden or Trump?”

You pretty much just described about 20% of the Fox News content lately.

There is no such thing as price gouging , the seller sets a price , you can pay it or not . I paid $418 for a so so hotel room last March near Atlanta . At least double for that room normally , but there was a nascar race in town and they charge what the market will bare . 

970AC411-02E2-4B64-BA76-56EE92DB973E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

This is a result of the pandemic. Germany has the exact same trends in inflation and gas prices. Is that also Bidens fault?

Germany doesnt have the benefit or option of utilizing its own oil reserves cuz it has none- we do!!  Thats why this mess is absolutely , unequivocally Biden's fault !!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Germany doesnt have the benefit or option of utilizing its own oil reserves cuz it has none- we do!!  Thats why this mess is absolutely , unequivocally Biden's fault !!

Germany Is firing up their old coal plants.. Don't tell Greta

Edited by mattypotpie8S
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2