This might just be my DIY for the off season . . .

That may have been me -- LOL! I tried doing a motorized turkey decoy by mounting my Primos gobbler on the chassis of a remote control car but I never got to use it in the field since I got sick and missed all of last May. It was also too noisy. But I will do a search - thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Just did a search and only mine comes up from February 2012 and this topic now.

Edited by Deerthug

I know this is a little of the topic of motorized decoy, but i watched a show called live action on animal planet i think its call and by flashing light at a turkey with a mirror will intise it to actualy run towards you because it think its another turkey. Anyone ever here of that idea before, sounds crazy, UK?

• 2 weeks later...

guy in my club took a remote control truck and mounted a target on it to practice moving shots. Worked great. I don't see why you couldn't get a used one, camo the truck and put a strutting gobler mounted to it so it moves. Truck he used was like 18" long. Weight it down so its not top heavy and you don't want speed, just to move about a little.

could try swapping some gears to make it run slower..... switch the drive and one that runs the wheels and it would go slower i think....

also i think a full body mount jake strutting mounted on a RC chassis would bring toms running... you might wanna paint the head blaze tho...

Edited by josephmrtn

• 4 weeks later...

My winter DIY project has just taken flight. I plan on making a wireless/motorized Turkey decoy that turns and opens/closes its tail feathers mounted to a wooden base.

One servo will be moving the body left or right and the second will be moving the tail feathers up and down.

Just ordered the following from Tower Hobbies - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXASX3**&P=0

Comes with everything I need to get this done other than the wooden dowel and base.

Can't wait to get this started!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...